The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Huge Animal Control seizure in Oregon ... MINIS up for auction!

Saw this on another site and wanted to share.

http://www.liska-auctioneers.com/201...uctions/dec-8/

PUBLIC AUCTION
    BY ORDER OF JOSEPHINE COUNTY
    SELLING APPROX. 177 CONFISCATED MINIATURE HORSES

DECEMBER 8, 10:00 AM

Josephine County Fairgrounds~1451 Fairgrounds Rd., Grants Pass, OR. 97527.
    http://www.liska-auctioneers.com/201...38&gallery=295
    http://www.liska-auctioneers.com/201...39&gallery=297
    http://www.liska-auctioneers.com/wp-...iniHorses1.pdf
    All horses sold as-is.

Some horses come with papers; however, we do not guarantee the horses’ registry. Bid at your own discretion. Please come prepared with your own halters & lead ropes or we will have some available for sale. Local veterinarian, Gary Buckmaster, will be available onsite to issue a Coggins test for any interested bidders. The test will take approx. 5 days & the charge is approx. $150. We make no guarantee to the horses’ Coggins results. This test is not a requirement.
    PREVIEW FRIDAY DECEMBER 7TH FROM 1:00-4:00 PM

10% BUYER’S FEE

TERMS:
    Cash or approved check day of Sale. Out-of-state checks require prior approval, Credit cards accepted with a 3% added fee. Removal of goods may be subject to check verification. Sale principals not responsible for accidents at auction nor for items sold. Announcements made day of Sale take precedence over printed matter.
    Personal Property is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS, with all faults”.
    Any decision to purchase or not to purchase is the sole and independent business decision of the potential purchaser. No recourse or cause of action will lie against any of the above-mentioned parties should purchaser become dissatisfied with its decision, whatever it may be, at a later date.
    ANNOUNCEMENTS:
    All announcements day of auction supersede any and all previously printed material or oral statements make. All information is this brochure was derived from sources believed to be correct, but is not warranted. It is the responsibility of the buyer to inspect the property prior to the sale and satisfy him or her as to its condition, value and fitness for intended purpose.
    All real and personal property is sold in “AS IS” condition with no warranties by seller or auctioneer expressed or implied. The buyer is entitled to rely solely on his or her own inspections and evaluations, and not on any representations from seller or auctioneer.
    DUE DILIGENCE:
    Due diligence is the effort a party makes to avoid harm to another party. Quite often a party in a contract may be obligated to provide due diligence.
    Due diligence report is often prepared to discover all risks and implications regarding a decision to be made.In Plain English Due Diligence means DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BID:
    The auctioneer cannot assume anything about your understanding, we offer the property, we take the bids, we collect bid deposits and payments.
    There are thousands of resources to show you what information you need to place a bid.
    A Buyers unique circumstances create a ’bid strategy’ or amount you are willing to bid.
    Remember ALL SALES ARE FINAL BY PLACING A BID YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGAL CONTRACT TO PURCHASE
    This website will not knowingly accept any advertising which is in violation of the law. Property advertised on this website is available on an equal opportunity basis. Neither Wayne Liska, or Liska & Associates Inc. Grants Pass, nor the publisher will be responsible for misinformation, typographical errors, etc., herein.
    LISKA & ASSOC., INC.
    WAYNE LISKA - AUCTIONEER/BROKER
    541-471-0916
    Life-long horse lover, dreaming of the day when I have one of my very own.

Oh, man, some of those poor little guys are in bad shape. My chubby little 36" furball will be getting extra pettins and scritches.
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

$150 and 5 days for a Coggins test? Good Lord, around here a Coggins is around $18-$25. You can get an immediate Coggins done at the sale barn for that.

Yeah, that is really high, wonder if the price includes a health certificate?

On a side note, Washington does not require horses coming from Oregon to have a coggins.

I don't really need a mini, but I could probably foster one or two. Have to see what the SO says, but maybe I'll take a trip down to Grants Pass...
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Looking through the pictures, I can't help but wonder why these ponies were confiscated. There is one little gray that is in pretty bad shape and a couple who appear to have eye injuries but the rest of them look in pretty good shape. I'd love to have the little line backed grulla mare and there were a couple of paints that were cute. If I ever get rid of all the big horses, I think I'm going to have minis. They are cute, don't take up a lot of space, don't eat much and I can drive around in a cart instead of ride.

I wish Grants Pass wasn't such a long drive from Yakima. There is a little buckskin that I'd love to have. Would take one of the mini donkeys too.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

I posted a thread on this a couple days ago and it didn't get any views. Thanks for bringing it up again. There is a link in my post to a thread about why these horses were confiscated.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...egon-Need-Help