The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Help Me Find, Please!!!

Ok so I found this blanket but I can't find the one with the hood or even just the hood itself. I REALLY want this blanket so if anybody knows a site that carries, has one to sell, or has a local tack shop with one please please please let me know! Its a Weatherbeeta orican in olive plaid. I need either a 72" or a 75"

heres a picture of it http://websportworld.com/img/Horse/w...h-a-neck-m.jpg

It looks like it has been discontinued for some time. Any particular reason it needs to be this exact model? Also, many brands have necks that are compatible across models. Another Weatherbeeta neck may fit the blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Secret View Post
    Ok so I found this blanket but I can't find the one with the hood or even just the hood itself. I REALLY want this blanket so if anybody knows a site that carries, has one to sell, or has a local tack shop with one please please please let me know! Its a Weatherbeeta orican in olive plaid. I need either a 72" or a 75"
    It looks to have gone to "Closeout" so maybe consider this version - it looks to be from 2009 - Alan at Foxhunter has the same in a 75.

You might just go to the Weatherbeeta site & contact all the stockists & ask if any have a blanket in your size/color - there are always a good many stockists that are not online or don't list leftover stock ... of course Weatherbeeta's list won't be comprehensive as there are always smaller buyers that will go through distributors (so W may not have any record).

(can your horse be a 69 or 78? )

I have it in the purple plaid and I love the material, look, pattern and most of all the way it fits her.

Alto I would love to put a 78 and just pretend it fits but I dont think she would be too happy with me! Thanks for the advice, I think Im going to to that.

~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

So I found just found that ad but of course when I emailed her she said she just sold it, just my luck!

Thumbs down

most of all the way it fits her
    I suspect that as long as you stay with the same model (Weatherbeeta Orican Freestyle Detach-a-Neck) fit should be similar - the shop in the link I provided has more current versions as well as the older olive plaid, so you might call them up & ask about any differences in fit.
    I'm not sure which weight you want in this blanket (seems to have been made as a rain sheet, med & heavy weights) - there are rumours that the Orican is no more, so don't wait too long on this, if other blanket styles don't suit as well ...

(if there are sufficient requests it's possible that WB might bring back the style)