The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage in Charlotte, NC

I am looking for a place to send my grandmother (yes, I said it) to take dressage lessons in Charlotte, NC. She is located on the south side of Charlotte, so reasonable driving is considered (Lake Norman, etc). I ride hunter/jumper in FL, but I recommended her to do dressage to keep her a little more in the saddle and less stressful on her joints as far as longer stirrup length, etc. She is very active, however I still want someplace as safe as possible given her age. She has no interest in showing or owning her own horse...just wants to fill her extra time with a beautiful animal. I am looking for someplace with a very knowledgeable instructor and it cannot have "sketchy" horses. Price is not an issue....she will pay for quality and I would rather her do that to insure a safe as possible environment. If anyone could recommend some places, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys!!

The only dressage I know in Charlotte (most dressage barn, actually) do not have school horses. Good names that come to mind are Jules Nyssen and Stacey Hastings (Statesville area) and Diane Ritz (Monroe). I'm not sure if that helps!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

check out www.ncdcta.org. They have a list of trainers - you should be able to find someone!