The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Smartpak Black Friday sale?

I seem to recall that they do this every year, can someone tell me if they offer a site-wide discount and how much?

It is NOT site wide...I was all excited last year to get some things I had been wanting, only to find that most of the brands I was interested in (Mountain Horse being one) not only were not included in the sale, but according to customer service, never go on sale.

Nothing that was on sale, was something I had any interest in. Big disappointment.

1 members found this post helpful.

Rats, I wanted to get some Fuller Fillies boots. They had a huge markdown on them last year (like 70% off!) and I hesitated. Dang it.

But maybe they'll be one of the brands again.

Thanks for the info!

Fuller fillies is usually included in the sale. It's the bigger brands, like sprenger, mountain horse, charles owen, ariat, etc.that are excluded.

Oh, I love COTH, now I can get my hopes back up again

Thanks!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    Oh, I love COTH, now I can get my hopes back up again

Thanks!
    Not to rain on your parade, but be prepared for no sale at all...they used to have Memorial Day, Labor Day, Fourth of July etc. sales and this year nothing after Memorial Day. I stopped by their booth at Equine Affaire in MA this weekend and they had no sale at all on anything but tack. They used to have 10% off supplements or something but not this year. When I gave my feedback I was told they have discontinued a lot of sales because they now offer a 60-day money back trial on all their supplements. I explained that those of us who have been long-time customers get no benefit from that new policy and was thanked for my feedback. I then went and got samples of similar products from other companies.
    JB-Infinity Farm
    www.infinitehorses.com

I love SP's barn buddies program-I get 10% off all their brand items (ie-blankets, saddle pads, bridles).

I have gotten mega-deals on sales this summer as well, not tied to any holiday. Did a lot of christmas shopping that way. Free monogramming too! Also free shipping to the barn. This is better, to me, then any holiday type sale.

The trick is just to keep checking the website.

Shoot, I wish I knew about that before I spent $200+ on a new pair of paddock boots and half chaps! Oh well.
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

I miss what SP did a couple (or few?) years ago where we all got emails with a mystery discount ranging from (I think) 10 to 20% off everything. That was pretty cool, and I might cave on boots I've been craving if they did that again, but suspect they'd be excluded.

Doesn't VTO Saddlery do a pretty good Black Friday sale?
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Mali View Post
    Doesn't VTO Saddlery do a pretty good Black Friday sale?
    usually 20% off, IIRC. I've taken advantage of that one many times!

I have done really well with Bit of Britain and VTO on Black Friday sales. Do not have any sense of SmartPak doing anything signficant on Black Friday (though they have excellent stuff and prices year around, I shop with them all the time).
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    usually 20% off, IIRC. I've taken advantage of that one many times!
    I've had my eye on a PRI purple contoured dressage pad for some time. Maybe this year I'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SendenHorse View Post
    I love SP's barn buddies program-I get 10% off all their brand items (ie-blankets, saddle pads, bridles).

I have gotten mega-deals on sales this summer as well, not tied to any holiday. Did a lot of christmas shopping that way. Free monogramming too! Also free shipping to the barn. This is better, to me, then any holiday type sale.

The trick is just to keep checking the website.
    I do barn buddies and don't think I've ever gotten the 10% off Smartpak merchandise. Where is this policy listed? Do you have to enter a code or something?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

*wonders if Horze will be doing a black Friday sale....*

although, what could be better than 50% off?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I do barn buddies and don't think I've ever gotten the 10% off Smartpak merchandise. Where is this policy listed? Do you have to enter a code or something?
    its smart pak VIP, not just barn buddies. you have to do smart paks to get this deal. Sorry if it wasn't clear, I was busy today. I also get free monograming and embroidery! LOVE IT

The SmartPaks system allows you to take extra-special care of your horse, so we make sure to take extra-special care of the riders who use it! Start your horse on SmartPaks and you'll automatically receive exclusive SmartPerks other riders don't, including...

• VIP Savings
    You could be saving 10% on all SmartPak brand tack and apparel, including SmartPak bridles and blankets, NEW Bradley Breeches and over 100 more items! Shop Now ยป
    • VIP Service
    When you start your horse on SmartPaks, you get expedited access to our brilliant Customer Care Team.
    • VIP Extras
    SmartPaks allow you to take extra-special care of your horse, so we take extra-special care of the riders who use them, by offering exclusive deals.
    Plus! You'll have three ways to ship FREE, because anything that rides along with your horse's SmartPaks ships absolutely free (from treats all the way up to tack trunks!).

Notes from me:
    It comes up automatically when you are logged into your account and look at a product page. the reduced price is listed along with a slashed out original price.

To get the free monogram/shipping/etc deal, I believe you also have to have it sent along with the barnsaver shipping, as well. At least for me, when I tried to order a few pads for a new saddle, the discounted price wasn't showing up unless I opted to have it shipped to the barn rather than to me. It is a great deal, though! I've been quite pleased with their house-brand saddle pads, and getting them monogrammed and shipped for less than retail price makes me happy

I do ship to the barn and get the monogramming/shipping. At the moment I am off Smartpaks (one supplement I REALLY LIKE isn't available) which is why I guess I don't see the 10% off.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I'm glad to see this thread--I need a new helmet and bridle and a martingale, but I think I'll wait until next weekend and check out the options with SmartPak and VTO and others. I am pretty sure VTO is where I got my Mattes correction half pad for $90 with the cyber Monday sales a couple years ago.

I forget about the free monogramming with SmartPak! I'm a "VIP," so I'm going to have to get my first monogrammed saddle pad at some point soon...

yes everything needs to ship to the barn to get the discounts. The price is reflected when you finalize the cart so don't worry if you don't see the markdowns initially.