The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Holy cow. I don't even know where to start and I'm not sure how this thread got so out of hand.

A. Fooler, what are you talking about? People continuing to support people with questionable backgrounds doesn't seem to have anything to do with this post.

B. Beastiality should never be compared to homosexuality. Because of the consent factor. Beastiality or how I like to refer to 'Animal Sex Abuse' is more comparitive to rape. It all comes down to consent. Period.

C. Rape will never be legalized and especially not because of homosexuality. To say so is pure ignorance.

For those of you interested in the fight against 'Animal Sex Abuse' check out www.chandleredwards.org.

5 members found this post helpful.

Just wanna say this is the most offensive thread ever. And if you don't understand why, then that is also offensive

Please excuse me, must find the eye bleach

4 members found this post helpful.

If you are not informed of what people are thinking and doing then it will bite you in the butt.

People who engage in bestiality are not just lurking in the shadows they are REALLY attempting to MAKE IT LEGAL. Rapists and pedophiles as well. THey have medical backing in a backwards sort of way in that they cannot be rehabilitated at this point. NO AMOUNt of medical or psychological intervention has been successful although many thing have been tried for decades.

I don't think any of us that have attempted to bring this to your attention AGREE with it, but are simply stating FACTUAL evidence! Cheez and Rice people!

Go after those that want to have sex with animals and children NOT the people trying to bring to light REAL LIFE!!!!

THe tangents y'all go off on and the assumptions YOU make are ridiculous! No amount of insisting what is in your mind actually is in someone else's is going to make it so! READ for comprehension!!!!

No one wanted to carry bad news forever because the venom of the person receiving the unwelcome news might be perpetrated against the messenger. THINGS HAVE NOT CHANGED! You would think with an education that would stop. Nope.

Good grief!!!!
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2 members found this post helpful.

Are people really so weak that hormones and urges rule their lives? I've never understood the "need to act it out". If you close your eyes you can be with anyone, anywhere.

My Nana used to say "Whatever you choose to do, don't scare the horses or the children". A good motto to live by me thinks.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CFFarm View Post
    Are people really so weak that hormones and urges rule their lives? I've never understood the "need to act it out". If you close your eyes you can be with anyone, anywhere.
    Ah yes.
    The old "just lay back and enjoy it" saw.

CCF, you ask this question with the recent events involving Petraeus?
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoonlady View Post
    Animals, children, intellectually disabled etc cannot give consent and are subject to victimization.
    So, only with regards to sexual matters do horses have any "rights"? Do they give consent for us to ride them? Whip them? Stick large pieces of metal in their mouths and pull? Hobble them? Load them on trailers with no shock absorbers for long rides?

Personally, I abhor bestiality. However, does it really hurt them anymore than the myriad of other things we subject them to? I doubt it. Most of us just have a BIG “thing” about who and what is an appropriate sexual partner.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoAmor View Post
    Holy cow. I don't even know where to start and I'm not sure how this thread got so out of hand.

A. Fooler, what are you talking about? People continuing to support people with questionable backgrounds doesn't seem to have anything to do with this post.

B. Beastiality should never be compared to homosexuality. Because of the consent factor. Beastiality or how I like to refer to 'Animal Sex Abuse' is more comparitive to rape. It all comes down to consent. Period.

C. Rape will never be legalized and especially not because of homosexuality. To say so is pure ignorance.

For those of you interested in the fight against 'Animal Sex Abuse' check out www.chandleredwards.org.
    A) Actually it does. You provided a website for fighting animal sex abuse. There is an adult male group, North American man boy or close to that, who has been fighting for several decades for their right to have sexual relationships with underage boys. If it was ok for Michael Jackson to have sleepovers with boys, then why not them?
    B) Don't see where anyone compared the two. What was stated is that some of the other groups may use some of the same steps taken by homosexual groups in an attempt to gain overall acceptance.
    C) Until the advent of rape kits it was difficult to consistently identify and prove rape. Before then each DR seemed to work off their own experience and opinions. For many years rape was in effect legal because it was so hard to identify and then prosecute.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by horsefaerie View Post
    CCF, you ask this question with the recent events involving Petraeus?
    Exactly my point. A responsible adult should be able to control their hormones. People have become totally self involved these days. Only what THEY want counts.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    A) Actually it does. You provided a website for fighting animal sex abuse. There is an adult male group, North American man boy or close to that, who has been fighting for several decades for their right to have sexual relationships with underage boys. If it was ok for Michael Jackson to have sleepovers with boys, then why not them?
    B) Don't see where anyone compared the two. What was stated is that some of the other groups may use some of the same steps taken by homosexual groups in an attempt to gain overall acceptance.
    C) Until the advent of rape kits it was difficult to consistently identify and prove rape. Before then each DR seemed to work off their own experience and opinions. For many years rape was in effect legal because it was so hard to identify and then prosecute.

http://www.nambla.org/

[SIZE=+1]"WELCOME![/SIZE] The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) was formed in 1978. It was inspired by the success of a campaign based in Boston's gay community to defend against a local witchhunt. NAMBLA's goal is to end the extreme oppression of men and boys in mutually consensual relationships by:
    building understanding and support for such relationships;
    educating the general public on the benevolent nature of man/boy love;
    cooperating with lesbian, gay, feminist, and other liberation movements;
    supporting the liberation of persons of all ages from sexual prejudice and oppression."
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    http://www.nambla.org/

[SIZE=+1]"WELCOME![/SIZE] The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) was formed in 1978. It was inspired by the success of a campaign based in Boston's gay community to defend against a local witchhunt. NAMBLA's goal is to end the extreme oppression of men and boys in mutually consensual relationships by:
    building understanding and support for such relationships;
    educating the general public on the benevolent nature of man/boy love;
    cooperating with lesbian, gay, feminist, and other liberation movements;
    supporting the liberation of persons of all ages from sexual prejudice and oppression."
    That group is so completely ridiculous. And the fact that you think that gay adults gaining the right to marriage would be in any way comparable to NAMBLA shows your ignorance. I don't know a single gay person who would support this group or any other form of pedophilia/rape/bestiality, etc. (in other words, in cases where the other party can/does not give CONSENT). NAMBLA may say that they "cooperate with gay, lesbian, feminist, and other liberation movements," but show me ONE group of those people that would actually support/cooperate with NAMBLA. Not a single one.

11 members found this post helpful.

It's their words on their website, not mine. Why don't you go ask them or find out yourself instead of trying to put words in the mouth of the messenger LOL
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by rcloisonne View Post
    So, only with regards to sexual matters do horses have any "rights"? Do they give consent for us to ride them? Whip them? Stick large pieces of metal in their mouths and pull? Hobble them? Load them on trailers with no shock absorbers for long rides?

Personally, I abhor bestiality. However, does it really hurt them anymore than the myriad of other things we subject them to? I doubt it. Most of us just have a BIG “thing” about who and what is an appropriate sexual partner.

Animals have the right not to be raped, I'll stand by that one, whether laws have caught up with that or not. The other stuff you state isn't abuse so not sure what you mean. I also said later in that post that a society is judged on how it treats (or protects) it's weakest citizens and that SOME people feel animals are included in that statement. As for does it hurt them, it's not a question of whether it hurts them (which in a lot of cases it does) it's more that it's morally wrong to engage in sexual acts with something that doesn't have control over itself. Are you saying that just because a child molester doesn't physically beat a child but touches them inappropriately you're saying what? No big deal? Harm is relative vs. whether or not the act is legal which in many states it's not, and the whole point of my post is that eventually it will be illegal in all states. Not sure what you mean here. I'm not a PETA fan if that is what you are trying to say...

It's their words on their website, not mine. Why don't you go ask them or find out yourself instead of trying to put words in the mouth of the messenger LOL
    Again this comes down to consent, no matter how much child molesters, people who engage in sex with animals etc try to equate their disgusting acts with society accepting gay marriage their wrong on all accounts. I am not sure how many times it's been said here but I'll say it again, children and animals cannot give consent for sexual acts, the states laws on the books make it illegal end of story. Those states that haven't caught up with anti bestiality laws will eventually (if not sooner driven by stories like the OP's link). Children will never be able to give consent period and neither can an animal.

I think the issue with some people is that they think the acts conducted in the privacy of adults is oogey. That is fine but it's CONSENTING adults, who are not harming one another. Animals are under the control and domain of humans, and we are obligated to make sure as with ANY abuse that they aren't subjected to it. If someone beat the living daylights out of a horse I would want to see the person put in jail. If someone was breaking into a barn and doing unspeakable acts to a horse I would absolutely want that person in jail. I'm not sure why this is so hard for some people to understand.

5 members found this post helpful.

Fact - most states have long standing laws against sexual activity between same sex adults.
    Fact - society, in general, has changed it's views on same sex unions and activity to the point of codifying same sex marriages.
    Fact - other groups hope to gain acceptance by following many of the same actions used by the homosexual and transgender communities.

Never ever say never.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

No thanks, child molesters and the NAMBLA wesite are really not my scene. It's not a website that I will ever visit. You are the one that brought them up. In fact, you seem pretty fixated on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    Fact - most states have long standing laws against sexual activity between same sex adults.
    Fact - society, in general, has changed it's views on same sex unions and activity to the point of codifying same sex marriages.
    Fact - other groups hope to gain acceptance by following many of the same actions used by the homosexual and transgender communities.

Never ever say never.
    Yes, by all means let's make connections between things that have no connections.
    Let's see.
    Fact: African Americans used to be considered property, and for a long time were not allowed to vote.
    Fact: For a long time, women were also not allowed to vote.
    Fact: Now, African Americans are free and BOTH groups are allowed to vote!
    Oh my gosh, the next thing on the horizon is legalized man/child/duck-billed platypus polygamy!

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    No thanks, child molesters and the NAMBLA wesite are really not my scene. It's not a website that I will ever visit. You are the one that brought them up. In fact, you spretty fixated on it.
    LOL! I didn't bring it up but when I read it I remembered the name of the group. They have been in the news often, even in Readers Digest.
    Typical mindless twit move to accuse someone of being "fixated" on something when you disagree with the facts!
    Oh, and ole Harry who founded the modern day gay rights movement always insisted NAMBLA be part of Gay Pride parades. You can go look that up yourself, toots.
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    Yes, by all means let's make connections between things that have no connections.
    Let's see.
    Fact: African Americans used to be considered property, and for a long time were not allowed to vote.
    Fact: For a long time, women were also not allowed to vote.
    Fact: Now, African Americans are free and BOTH groups are allowed to vote!
    Oh my gosh, the next thing on the horizon is legalized man/child/duck-billed platypus polygamy!
    Logical progression for your example would be Native American reservations being reincorporated into the US.

We are discussing how society changes its opinion of, in this case sexuality. A mere 40 years ago living together before marriage, unwed pregnancy, divorce, mixed race/color marriages and homosexuality were not widely accepted, in fact frowned upon. Today all are widely accepted. Many people of that time probably did not foresee how society would change.
    Having lived through this era, I am well aware of how peoples will attempt to present themselves in order to gain acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by CFFarm View Post
    Exactly my point. A responsible adult should be able to control their hormones. People have become totally self involved these days. Only what THEY want counts.
    Well, no.

Only what THE OTHER PARTY THEY ARE INVOLVING CONSENTS TO counts.