The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Lex I found document from court ( on line google his DS~ name) that his sentence is to 07/13
    Last edited by hoopoe; Nov. 11, 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: clarify
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Spinks is rotting in a prison cell, though his name is coming up again thanks to this guy. He's not getting out for a few more years unless he's out for behaving himself in prison. As for this guy, he was just out there on the fringe working as help as many seem to do in order to get their fix. From what I gathered from his statements, he's really really really out there and is anti-social with little in the way of personal connections outside of what he "shares" with the animals he has access to.
    Good post, Lex. I got a demerit from mods f or posting on a Spinks thread.

The crime in my state (GA) is beastiality.. And it is a felony. And there have been instances of it with sheep, and horses, and dogs, cases that I know about. All while I worked in Atlanta, except for the sheep which was a Warsaw Island incident. Usually rural males down here. And alcohol being involved.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Yeah, I guess he plea-bargained or coughed up some evidence against someone else.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Well, it appears I've really angered some people with my posting. I guess I hit too close to home for some of the people here.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Capall View Post
    I'm pretty sure hoopoe wasn't talking to you, I'm pretty sure she was responding to this person:
    Actually since Hoopoe directed her comment to "OP" I'm pretty sure she was directing it to me
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

Quote Originally Posted by Capall View Post
    BTW I'm really, really glad I never succumbed to looking at those.... pictures on that website. I'm sure those that looked are still trying to suppress those images from their minds... (For those who do not know what I am talking about- there was a zoophile website in which Mr. Spinky shared photos of himself doing...stuff with his stallion and some mares and other animals. Gross!)
    Ewww, I sure am glad I didn't get to that website... that is just gross... gag. Honestly I always thought such things were so rare and so belonging to ghost stories that I didn't think there was a need for a law. I meant, most laws were created because there was enough activities to warrant one...

[QUOTE]The point is that many people are pushing to have their sexual activities, orientations, and non-traditional relationships made legal under the law and Pedophiles, Necrophiles, Zoophiles, and others are all engaging in efforts to de-stigmatize and legitimize their activities by getting their "unconventional preferences" classified as genuine sexual orientations by the medical community. Like it or not, these things are going to rear their ugly heads in the next fifty years, probably after same-sex rights come close to full acceptance, and those groups will use it as an entry-point to gain broader acceptance from society under the belief that "they got it and we should have it too!"/QUOTE]

THe argument will not be about consent I think. It will be about "I was born this way" which is what the pedophiles are doing.

Common sense just doesn't fly on some threads.

Quit adding your own thoughts to someone else's post. Some of us do not infer but speak our minds plainly. I was thinking of what I have seen regarding pedophiles. They want acceptance and PERMISSION because "they are born that way". No consent there for sure and our children are much more highly valued than our pets or livestock.

It wasn't too long ago that having sex with livestock was acceptable as boys will be boys and was somewhat standard fare for hazing. Enter PETA.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=horsefaerie;6664189]
    The point is that many people are pushing to have their sexual activities, orientations, and non-traditional relationships made legal under the law and Pedophiles, Necrophiles, Zoophiles, and others are all engaging in efforts to de-stigmatize and legitimize their activities by getting their "unconventional preferences" classified as genuine sexual orientations by the medical community. Like it or not, these things are going to rear their ugly heads in the next fifty years, probably after same-sex rights come close to full acceptance, and those groups will use it as an entry-point to gain broader acceptance from society under the belief that "they got it and we should have it too!"/QUOTE]

THe argument will not be about consent I think. It will be about "I was born this way" which is what the pedophiles are doing.

Quit adding your own thoughts to someone else's post. Some of us do not infer but speak our minds plainly. I was thinking of what I have seen regarding pedophiles. They want acceptance and PERMISSION because "they are born that way". No consent there for sure and our children are much more highly valued than our pets or livestock.

It wasn't too long ago that having sex with livestock was acceptable as boys will be boys and was somewhat standard fare for hazing. Enter PETA.
    whether you're born a pedophile or not, i think common sense would say that since a kid can't consent, pedophilia is never going to be accepted.
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DieBlaueReiterin View Post
    yeah well anyone who could at all think that two ADULTS with complete mental faculties who can give CONSENT are on the same level as one adult and one child, animal, or dead person (none of which can CONSENT, at least in a legal sense, at most in a literal communication sense) is...i don't even know what the word would be. dense? illogical? stupid?
    You have missed the boat. It is not about consent. Read what she said about using same sex consent as an entrance. It is not about acceptance in society, it is about how to induce society to exterminate itself. If we were morally and intellectuallyy healthy our concern would be how to perpetuate civilized human society, and how to promote beauty. Homosexuality is an end game behavior for mankind, just look back in history at the Roman Empire. Perversity, or whatever you want to call it, and I am not interested at all about the so called gay bashing nonsense that gets thrown back into everyone's face. Just like the lines in the sand drawn around abortion, the reality of it is that it is for population control, by reducing numbers. Perversity is part of the dehumanizing side of it all.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

4 members found this post helpful.

Well said, Calamber. Are you in Seabeck? I have friends out that way, they are into Arabs and Friesians.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Wow. You would think I would be past surpise at this point, but I am constantly shocked by how many people misunderstand homosexuals--comparing a loving, consentual, monogamous relationship between two adults with pedophilia or beastialty? Really?

As I mentioned on OT day, I had an aunt who was a lesbian. She died from lupus a few weeks ago. She had been in a loving, monogamous, consentual relationship with her partner for over 20 years; and yet, because some people in this country aren't comfortable with allowing gay people the same rights the rest of us have, she could never marry her. So, they could not be on eachother's insurance policies, couldn't make end-of-life decisions, etc., etc., all because, according to some people, they didn't love the right person.

I really hope everyone (or at least the majority) will one day let go of their hatred and misunderstanding about gay people (among others, but that's a whole other post) and realize that they have no business denying others the same rights they enjoy. How is it right that a straight person can get married and divorced 100 times if s/he desires and a gay person can't even get married once?
    Last edited by Frizzle; Nov. 13, 2012 at 03:40 AM.

22 members found this post helpful.

Wow, how exactly did we get from animals to homo, all in one thread?

As to the death of the society, I thought we had this huge problem called "population explosion", and most educated citizens are encouraged to use "birth control"?

10 members found this post helpful.

When I opened this thread I was disgusted at the behavior of the creep in Florida. Having read it, I'm now disgusted by the statements of several BB members.

Well, I went in the Army to protect your right to free speech. Keep talking so I know which ignorant, bigotted jerks to steer clear of. It's much harder to avoid you when you keep your mouths shut.
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

14 members found this post helpful.

Last edited by LexInVA; Nov. 13, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    You have missed the boat. It is not about consent. Read what she said about using same sex consent as an entrance. It is not about acceptance in society, it is about how to induce society to exterminate itself. If we were morally and intellectuallyy healthy our concern would be how to perpetuate civilized human society, and how to promote beauty. Homosexuality is an end game behavior for mankind, just look back in history at the Roman Empire. Perversity, or whatever you want to call it, and I am not interested at all about the so called gay bashing nonsense that gets thrown back into everyone's face. Just like the lines in the sand drawn around abortion, the reality of it is that it is for population control, by reducing numbers. Perversity is part of the dehumanizing side of it all.
    ok, thanks for helping me out. the word is stupid, clearly.
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by horsefaerie View Post

But common sense dictates that is still a consent argument.

One side of your equation feels it was born this way.
    The other side of it CANNOT consent. Consent trumps.

If the only way I can get my rocks off is to have sex with five year old boys, then too bad for me. They cannot consent, and society values consent over any other considerations. If an adult male can only get his rocks off by raping adult women, that is too bad for him, because consent trumps. Everyone else's interest in getting to decide what happens sexually with their own body (ie their ability to CONSENT or NOT) is more important that one individual's personal fetish.

In relationships involving two (or more, what the heck do I care) ADULTS, both (and/or all) parties can consent, what normative reason is there to have something else trump over other adults deciding what they want to do with themselves?

Personally, I have no issues if the Mormons want to marry five consenting adult wives. Or if three consenting adult men want to have a relationship. All of them are adults and can do what they choose.

When you cross the line into exerting your sexual proclivities on someone who CANNOT or did not CONSENT, that is where the line gets crossed.

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    But common sense dictates that is still a consent argument.

One side of your equation feels it was born this way.
    The other side of it CANNOT consent. Consent trumps.

If the only way I can get my rocks off is to have sex with five year old boys, then too bad for me. They cannot consent, and society values consent over any other considerations. If an adult male can only get his rocks off by raping adult women, that is too bad for him, because consent trumps. Everyone else's interest in getting to decide what happens sexually with their own body (ie their ability to CONSENT or NOT) is more important that one individual's personal fetish.

In relationships involving two (or more, what the heck do I care) ADULTS, both (and/or all) parties can consent, what normative reason is there to have something else trump over other adults deciding what they want to do with themselves?

Personally, I have no issues if the Mormons want to marry five consenting adult wives. Or if three consenting adult men want to have a relationship. All of them are adults and can do what they choose.

When you cross the line into exerting your sexual proclivities on someone who CANNOT or did not CONSENT, that is where the line gets crossed.
    Very logical post. Now playing devil's advocate for a moment.

In my lifetime I have watched as rape went from the woman having to prove her complete innocence in the incident and have to prove a perfect life prior. Then it moved to there were 2 victims, the woman and the rapist, who "suffered some sort of abuse and/or neglect as a youth." So for several decades many attempts were made to rehabilitate rapists and allow them to return to "normal" life. Unfortunately most rapist did/do not respond to therapy and continue to rape. The same was attempted with pedophiles with the same results.
    In short they, rapists and pedophiles, will rationalize their actions.
    So as we, as a society, look upon children as little adults and approve sexual activity between ever younger teens, who is to say "we" won't, at some point, say that sex itself is natural and therefore all sex is natural.

If we are honest, we all know someone who has been approached or assaulted often at barns. Either by someone associated with the barn or someone who watched to see when someone is there alone. Also we have "heard" about someone who assaulted a horse-whether on a dare, drunk or actual desire.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    Very logical post. Now playing devil's advocate for a moment.

In my lifetime I have watched as rape went from the woman having to prove her complete innocence in the incident and have to prove a perfect life prior. Then it moved to there were 2 victims, the woman and the rapist, who "suffered some sort of abuse and/or neglect as a youth." So for several decades many attempts were made to rehabilitate rapists and allow them to return to "normal" life. Unfortunately most rapist did/do not respond to therapy and continue to rape. The same was attempted with pedophiles with the same results.
    In short they, rapists and pedophiles, will rationalize their actions.
    So as we, as a society, look upon children as little adults and approve sexual activity between ever younger teens, who is to say "we" won't, at some point, say that sex itself is natural and therefore all sex is natural.

If we are honest, we all know someone who has been approached or assaulted often at barns. Either by someone associated with the barn or someone who watched to see when someone is there alone. Also we have "heard" about someone who assaulted a horse-whether on a dare, drunk or actual desire.
    I'm not sure how this is playing devil's advocate to my post?

Trying to rehabilitate a rapist/pedophile (or not) occurs only AFTER the consent transgression occurs. CONSENT (and the ability to do so) is still the dividing line that made it be a transgression, as opposed to an acceptable sexual act.

Similarly, if society is redrawing the line at which age it feels a young person is able to consent (and, is this happening? Is the age of consent actually getting dialed back to younger? If so I have missed it.), then consent is still the dividing line. This will not change any analysis for people who are consenting adults.
    Arguments about whether 14 year old girls and boys are cognitively and emotionally old enough to consent has no impact on two 40 year old men who want to consent to have a relationship with each other. Discussion on whether or not, normatively, to dial back the law even younger should not affect the analysis for other people who are already well past any contemplated age cutoff and, as the saying goes, "not getting any younger."

And quite honestly, no, I do not personally know anyone who was assaulted at a barn, much less "often.

6 members found this post helpful.

If we were morally and intellectuallyy healthy our concern would be how to perpetuate civilized human society, and how to promote beauty.
    Oh, ok!
    Eugenics!!
    Whee!

Society couldn't possibly be civilized if we allow anyone who is less than 6' tall or who doesn't have a six pack to breed. (I certainly hope you meet both criteria, or you are contributing to the deterioration of the human race.)

Just like the lines in the sand drawn around abortion, the reality of it is that it is for population control, by reducing numbers.
    Actually, some people would simply prefer not to raise a child for a minimum of 18 years, what with the tremendous amount of work and finances that goes into that proposition.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    I'm not sure how this is playing devil's advocate to my post?

Trying to rehabilitate a rapist/pedophile (or not) occurs only AFTER the consent transgression occurs. CONSENT (and the ability to do so) is still the dividing line that made it be a transgression, as opposed to an acceptable sexual act.

Similarly, if society is redrawing the line at which age it feels a young person is able to consent (and, is this happening? Is the age of consent actually getting dialed back to younger? If so I have missed it.), then consent is still the dividing line. This will not change any analysis for people who are consenting adults.
    Arguments about whether 14 year old girls and boys are cognitively and emotionally old enough to consent has no impact on two 40 year old men who want to consent to have a relationship with each other. Discussion on whether or not, normatively, to dial back the law even younger should not affect the analysis for other people who are already well past any contemplated age cutoff and, as the saying goes, "not getting any younger."

And quite honestly, no, I do not personally know anyone who was assaulted at a barn, much less "often.
    Not a wordsmith here so please bear with me.
    Horse people are capable of good and evil, just like the rest of humanity.
    Personally I have not been assaulted at a barn in my 40+ years of horse ownership. Had a few questionable comments and approaches that were fairly easily resolved either by my actions or those of the adults around us. However I have seen very questionable couples ( 40ish male with constant teenage girl companion), been warned about certain barns and/or trainers, read about individuals who have been charged and in some cases convicted of inappropriate to illegal activity.
    I am glad to hear you have not experienced, heard or seen anything of this nature.

My thoughts about how children are viewed are based on my observations of what appears in our media, news and entertainment.
    People flock to work with and then attend Woody Allen movies even though he married an adopted daughter of his long-time (as in decades) girlfriend Mia Farrow. Many felt it was not incestutious since Allen and Farrow were not married.
    Michael Jackson is revered by many even though he surrounded himself with pre-teen children, mainly males and shared his bed with them. Questionable activity at best, horrible at worst. Even worse are the parents who allowed their children to spend time with Jackson.
    Miley Cyrus and her father did a photo-shoot with IIRC Vanity Fair. The photos were somewhat uncomfortable. Many questioned why her father, Billy Ray, allowed the photos to be made. I question why 1) the photographer chose to make the photos, 2) the author of the piece agreed to the photos, 3) the editor agreed to publish the photos.
    Roman Polanski was accused of raping a 13 year old girl back in the 1970's and fled to Europe. Several years ago there was talk of bringing him back to the US for trial. Many said it was long ago, she was only a child, plus he is such a wonderful, talented director. Not to mention the European countries who have provided asylum for him for all of these decades.
    If it takes a village to raise a child, why didn't anyone say anything about Drew Barrymore and Lindsey Lohan, to name 2, when they were clubbing to the wee hours of the night as children and young teens.
    What about the 'fellow' who maintained a website doing a countdown of the Olsen twins (Full House) 21st birthday. Really weird when you consider they gained fame protraying a character that grew from infant to around age 6.

Mankind has never been consistent in caring for children. And with the technological advances allowing ideas, pictures, movies, etc to be spread around the world in minutes, we have provided more avenues for evil to be done.

For all of the websites we have promoting our respective equine discplines, there are many more promoting what we would deem icky to evil activity. The constant barrage of information regarding that activity, beastiality or rape or pedophilia, will either move people to redouble their efforts to end it or allow the advocates to advance their cause in order to gain acceptance.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim