The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dear Red States and Blue States:

Just a quick note from the Moderates. We agree with both of you on different things. We love this country and are trying to find a path through all the BS you continually spew that will actually make this country healthier instead of perfect for people just like me.

We believe in compromise, and that a good deal means give AND take. We don't want to support lazy people but we want to make sure no one falls through the cracks. We want guns but not arsenals. We want a good defense but not to spend 20% of our budget trying to make people like us while we swagger around their countries. We want to build schools and roads here, not Afghanistan.

We believe that all your epithets and anger and vitriol are destroying this country. We want to talk, not shout. We want to listen to both sides of an argument and make our own decisions. We want news that is news, without being slanted left or right.

Go in your closet and gloat or scream or cry. Then get out here and be civil and learn how to co-exist.

Sincerely,

The rest of us
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

56 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    Just a quick note from the Moderates. We agree with both of you on different things. We love this country and are trying to find a path through all the BS you continually spew that will actually make this country healthier instead of perfect for people just like me.

We believe in compromise, and that a good deal means give AND take. We don't want to support lazy people but we want to make sure no one falls through the cracks. We want guns but not arsenals. We want a good defense but not to spend 20% of our budget trying to make people like us while we swagger around their countries. We want to build schools and roads here, not Afghanistan.

We believe that all your epithets and anger and vitriol are destroying this country. We want to talk, not shout. We want to listen to both sides of an argument and make our own decisions. We want news that is news, without being slanted left or right.

Go in your closet and gloat or scream or cry. Then get out here and be civil and learn how to co-exist.

Sincerely,

The rest of us
    ^^^This. Guess which way I voted..lol.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

1 members found this post helpful.

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

Sincerely,

The rest of us
    Thank you for so eloquently stating what many of us feel!

3 members found this post helpful.

Priceless axl!

Yes, I also gave you a thumbs up!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

It's exactly what I've been thinking!
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

4 members found this post helpful.

Sincerely,

The rest of us
    Now, there you go trying to be all REASONABLE!

Nicely put

Well...I identify as a full-on liberal and I agree with you wholeheartedly on every point.

I've been participating in several of the political threads, but have really tried to refrain from getting vitriolic or nasty. Some of the things being said are so horrifically crude and ill-informed it makes my head spin. I've pretty much checked out of all of them because you barely get a response if you say anything reasonable...instead everyone jumps down each others throats and the barbs keep getting sharper. Makes my blood pressure go up.

6 members found this post helpful.

Very well said!!

Amen, OP!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Very well put. Thank you.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.