The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iran fires shots at US drone in international airspace

A US drone in international airspace had 2 Iranian aircraft fire multiple shots at it on Nov 1st. Not reported until today...I can't imagine why...Did we have another anti muslim video come out that upset our Muslim friends and now we're just trying to figure out who to apologize to?
    Last edited by jetsmom; Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling

13 members found this post helpful.

Troubling, indeed. Very troubling. I smell smoke.

11 members found this post helpful.

Nov 1st, and we are just now hearing about it...hmmm. Something stinks. So much for transparency, huh? I really worry about this nation in the coming 4 yrs.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

12 members found this post helpful.

Very suspicious how the news was spiked until after the election.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

9 members found this post helpful.

Good grief is anyone surprised after the Benghazi coverup? This administration isn't telling anyone anything they don't think they have to and the press lets them get away with it.

14 members found this post helpful.

I am shocked, I tell you, shocked, that this is only now news.

(Not really, obviously.)

9 members found this post helpful.

Obama's America.

7 members found this post helpful.

There is a lot that goes on in the ME that we don't know about. During the Bush administration Israel bombed a nuclear reactor in Syria. The goal was to hit it before it came online. Israel ran everything by Bush and the American gov't first. We never heard anything about it. Diplomacy. I read about it about 6 months ago.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by frisky View Post
    There is a lot that goes on in the ME that we don't know about. During the Bush administration Israel bombed a nuclear reactor in Syria. The goal was to hit it before it came online. Israel ran everything by Bush and the American gov't first. We never heard anything about it. Diplomacy. I read about it about 6 months ago.
    I'm sorry, but that is so apples-to-oranges. Our country knew that Israel made a pre-emptive strike against a NUCLEAR facility in Syria? So what? Who in their right mind would want Syria to have nuclear capabilities of any kind?

Completely a different animal than the media not covering Iranian fighter jets trying to shoot down one of OUR drones and the complete lack of response from this administration.

So far Libyan extremists and Iranian fighter jets have made moves against us with no response. They must be delighted...they are basically getting the message they can go bigger and bigger and we will just keep our citizens in the dark and do nothing about it.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by frisky View Post
    You must not have been watching TV those weeks. It was on CNN and in all the papers for the next little while, with accusations, denials by Syria that it was a nuclear facility, speculations, outrage by Turkey that their airspace was violated, photos of the bomb site, etc.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    Nov 1st, and we are just now hearing about it...hmmm. Something stinks. So much for transparency, huh? I really worry about this nation in the coming 4 yrs.
    frisky said, and I agree, "There is a lot that goes on in the ME that we don't know about" which is also true of the rest of the world. The Pentagon is not going to reveal every sortie and battle, including those ongoing in Afghanistan, not to mention North Korea, Russia, and China. They just aren't. You can construe that as a conspiracy... I wouldn't.

http://seattletimes.com/html/politic...pususiran.html

5 members found this post helpful.

Oh, jeez guys, we should for sure have transparency about everything, all the time. Like, lets follow the example of the SEALS who sold information to video-game producers. Really, everyone should know everything about military operations all the time.

And, for sure, no administration ever filtered information to the media before. That concept was just invented.
    Fear is the rocket sauce.
    Jack Black

7 members found this post helpful.

Was this in the " No Fly Zone"... because if so (and I only ask because a do not know who far it goes and it was establised was the gulf war 1) it is only a "gentelmans" agreement. It has no "Legal" holding on anyone. It was not and never has been part of the cease fire agreement it was an "after thought" an a slightly above verbal agreement ie. someone thought it up, someone squibled it down,and they shook hands on it.
    So if it was in the no fly zone these happen all the time. I dont like obama but ths is nt a biggie if it happened here...
    Friend of bar .ka

2 members found this post helpful.

Are you aware of what drones are for?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/25/world/...kes/index.html

I know this is shocking, but sometimes when you fly your bombstrike planes over people, they shoot back.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/25/world/...kes/index.html

I know this is shocking, but sometimes when you fly your bombstrike planes over people, they shoot back.
    It was not "over" them. It was in international airspace. HUGE difference...one is considered defense and the other is considered and act of aggression. What they did was an act of aggression and we just let them off scot free.

3 members found this post helpful.

Let's drop Chris Christie on them!

2 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
    Let's drop Chris Christie on them!
    Excellent idea! He'll cause the Iranian economy to collapse within a matter of months by eating his way through their grain stores.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post

Okay, I know this isn't actually a laughing matter, but oh how you have a way with words.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank you for being honest Meupatdoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutrN...e_gdata_player

Op, Do some research instead of blindly accepting what your media tells you.

Google Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky, Adam Curtis, Psywar, (Metanoia-films.org) Chris Hedges etc etc.

At least find a broader base before you make blanket statements.

I still have a lot to learn, and will constantly seek out the truth - but if you would like me to, I can and will point out many of the acts of terror the US has committed, usually in the faux name of so called "Democracy"

~k
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    Obama's America.
    AKA 1984.

We have MiniTru.
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher