The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Chestnut QH gelding, 19yo, 16h, sound for trail riding, So.NJ

DUDE found a terrific new home today! Yay! So he is officially PLACED thanks everyone who showed interest/encouragement.

I took in Dude last spring hoping he would be a companion for my TBs & an easy trail ride for my sister. Not his fault, but he doesnt fulfill either role very well. My TB gelding refuses to get along with him, so the companion idea is shot. My sister is a total beginner rider, and he turned out to have some pep, and tested her with some minor barn sourness. It was too much for her. BUT I think he could be an awesome horse for an experienced rider who wants a flashy muscled up QH with some pep for the trails. Havent sticked him but over 16 hands and very muscular so he could carry some weight too. Goes western, neck reins well. When I rode him, he tried the same make me barn sour act but it was just a bit of humping his back & trying to act tough, easily pushed him through that, and he didnt try it again. So I think hed be fine for a rider with some experience, just not good for kid or beginner. He had one bout with an abcess when he first came in, but since then, other than a bit of stiffness in the hind on tight turns, has been totally sound. The TB g chases him around and boy can he move! Cool roll back turns, nice lope that looks easy to sit. So why dont I keep him, well I have two TBs that need riding and a full time job - didnt need another to ride. Not trying to sell as he is 19 and Im more interested in finding him a good fitting home rather than cash. Though he doesnt work for my needs, I think he could be an awesome find for someone else!
    One pic here: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...essive/009.jpg
    Email for more photos & video of his prior owner kid riding him bareback. arcadiafarm@juno.com
    Last edited by Arcadien; Dec. 1, 2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Dude found a home today! Placed, yay!

Sadly I'm not in a position to take a horse in at this point in my life, but he's gorgeous! I mean, a knock out (at least from that picture)! I hope you find the perfect forever home for him.

Thanks! He *is* very handsome In summer his coat gleams metallic gold almost! his conformation sideways reminds me of that famous QH portrait they use on all the AQHA marketing stuff - I think by Oren Mixx? or something like that. Anyway he is a classic QH through & through!

Found a couple more pics:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...essive/004.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...essive/013.jpg

He is very cute! If he was beginner friendly I'd take him in a heartbeat. I already have one "spirited" trail horse though. I hope he finds a great home!

He would definitely give a cowboy an ego boost with those looks! He's gorgeous, good luck with him
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013