The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoonlady View Post
    I love epic Republican butthurt, it's my new form of entertainment.
    What a lovely image, my liberal, open minded, good hearted friend. Do you trip over that smug mug much?

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post

Why can't we have a civil discussion of the real problems that face our country. Like what we absolutely must pay for, what is optional, and how we plan to pay for it without mortgaging ourselves into the biggest societal failure in history? Its only so difficult to solve some of these problems because people are so afraid of the 'slippery slope' of giving even minor consideration of another person's point of view.

BTW: I'll be going with the red states, as I kind of prefer the quiet country to crowded, noisy, cities. In the long run I'd probably be more comfortable surrounded by redneck farmers than condescending intellectuals.
    Don't you know it's much more fun to gawk at 'epic Republican butthurt'?

Vile. Just vile.

2 members found this post helpful.

If the red/blue division was by county, guess who'd get the vast majority of electrical generating capability AND the prime movers that power them?
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

3 members found this post helpful.

After spending the morning listening to Bill O'Reilly blame the outcome of the election on "It's a changing country. ... It's not a traditional America anymore. And there are 50 percent of the voting public who want stuff. They want things. And who is going to give them things? President Obama. He knows it. And he ran on it."
    as well as "Whereby 20 years ago, President Obama would have been roundly defeated by an establishment candidate like Mitt Romney, the white establishment is now the minority....”

Add to it, Trump, Nugent, Victoria Jackson, everyone at FOX most especially Karl Rove, Limbaugh, Glen Beck weeping openly...yeah it's pretty damn funny.

The hubris with which the Republican party spoke of rape, it's consequences and how some women "rape easy"..yeah I'm laughing now. They put themselves in this position by believing it was God's will that pregnancy from rape doesn't happen, and a woman should look at it as a blessing.

So if Republicans want to sigh and rant over the loss of this election and how the country is doomed, I'm going to have a chuckle at it. They could have made this election about the economy about jobs but they didn't through their own "smack their mouth, did I just say that" kind of quotes, they made this about social issues and their apparent complete lack of knowledge how a uterus works. So yeah I'm going to have a hearty laugh now when they cry and moan. I'll be done laughing in about a day or so. Call it smug, but I THINK the Republicans cornered the market on that up and until the moment Obama was declared the winner. (Except Rove, took him a few minutes longer)

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Don't you know it's much more fun to gawk at 'epic Republican butthurt'?

Vile. Just vile.
    I'm not really a liberal. Just a moderate Republican sittin' on the Dem bench until the ultra-conservatives get out of people's personal lives and start their own party.

But I confess to giggling at Karl Rove's reaction on Fox News Tuesday night when their own statistical nerds called Ohio for the president. It was classic -- he bristled, he bridled, he blustered, and even argued when with the stat nerds about their conclusions. I really cannot stand that man, and I enjoyed seeing him so put off.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    sigh.....I have a confession to make. I'm a conservative, but I LOVE Barbra Streisand. Extenuating circumstances - I WAS a democrat when I first became a fan.
    Too bad, I think blue gets Hollywood.

They also get all those counties in TX along the border with Mexico, where they have daily drug shootings:

http://www.bing.com/elections/state?...m=bngeex#48001

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post
    Everyone needs to chill.

I'm a die hard moderate. I vote for gay marriage and would like to see automatic and semi-automatic weapons outlawed for eveyrone but the military. I'd like to see women have the right to choose, but have late term abortions limited to only protect the life of the mother, and partial birth abortions re-classified as murder.

I'd like to see lower corporate tax rates, but have all income treated equally, instead of our current system of earned income being taxed at a higher rate. And I'd like to see the government forced to blance their budgets yearly. It would also be nice to simplify the tax system so that individuals and corporations would not have to spend 10% of their income on a tax lawyer and accountant to save 8% in taxes.

Why can't we have a civil discussion of the real problems that face our country. Like what we absolutely must pay for, what is optional, and how we plan to pay for it without mortgaging ourselves into the biggest societal failure in history? Its only so difficult to solve some of these problems because people are so afraid of the 'slippery slope' of giving even minor consideration of another person's point of view.

BTW: I'll be going with the red states, as I kind of prefer the quiet country to crowded, noisy, cities. In the long run I'd probably be more comfortable surrounded by redneck farmers than condescending intellectuals.
    Those particular views that I bolded, make you a leftist, not a moderate.

5 members found this post helpful.

I found the humor in it at least... I'm a teacher and wasn't the least bit offended by that part. I've worked in urban schools and that was after passing all my tests. However, I'm now happily teaching in a rural district.
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Gotta love the Libs. They may be able to dish it out, but they sure can't take it.
    I believe they actually do the taking.

13 members found this post helpful.

The hubris with which the Republican party spoke of rape, it's consequences and how some women "rape easy"..yeah I'm laughing now. They put themselves in this position by believing it was God's will that pregnancy from rape doesn't happen, and a woman should look at it as a blessing.
    This is the position of the ENTIRE GOP?

News to me.

I do not know of ANY Christian well informed in scripture that defines rape in the way the liberals are spinning it.

I can assure you it is not considered a blessing.

One man made a really really poor inconsiderate foolish comment.

If we are going to throw an entire political party under the bus over the comment of one, I think the party housing Biden should take cover.

Just sayin'

18 members found this post helpful.

After spending the morning listening to Bill O'Reilly blame the outcome of the election on "It's a changing country. ... It's not a traditional America anymore. And there are 50 percent of the voting public who want stuff. They want things. And who is going to give them things? President Obama. He knows it. And he ran on it."
    as well as "Whereby 20 years ago, President Obama would have been roundly defeated by an establishment candidate like Mitt Romney, the white establishment is now the minority....”

Add to it, Trump, Nugent, Victoria Jackson, everyone at FOX most especially Karl Rove, Limbaugh, Glen Beck weeping openly...yeah it's pretty damn funny.

So if Republicans want to sigh and rant over the loss of this election and how the country is doomed, I'm going to have a chuckle at it. They could have made this election about the economy about jobs but they didn't through their own "smack their mouth, did I just say that" kind of quotes, they made this about social issues and their apparent complete lack of knowledge how a uterus works. So yeah I'm going to have a hearty laugh now when they cry and moan. I'll be done laughing in about a day or so. Call it smug, but I THINK the Republicans cornered the market on that up and until the moment Obama was declared the winner. (Except Rove, took him a few minutes longer
    So are you saying that all Republicans think/feel that way?

That only a very few Republicans represent the entire party?

That what a few morons said means that anyone who doesn't belong to your political party of choice is asking for insults?
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

9 members found this post helpful.

yeah I'm going to have a hearty laugh now when they cry and moan. I'll be done laughing in about a day or so. Call it smug, but I THINK the Republicans cornered the market on that up and until the moment Obama was declared the winner. (Except Rove, took him a few minutes longer)
    I do not understand this mentality. It is not a football game between LSU and UGA.

There will be no winners and losers if our country tanks economically.

Everyone-even those singing the high praises and importance of gay marriage and free birth control will be in the can.

I am not saying these issues are not important to many...but it really won't matter if you can marry your partner if you don't have any cash for the honeymoon.

Daddy's Red money tree can only support his blue child for so long before the tree dies....

This is the difference between Red and Blue. Red understand this...Blue fails to. Every. Time.
    Last edited by LMH; Nov. 8, 2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling

21 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    This is the position of the ENTIRE GOP?

News to me.

I do not know of ANY Christian well informed in scripture that defines rape in the way the liberals are spinning it.

I can assure you it is not considered a blessing.

One man made a really really poor inconsiderate foolish comment.

If we are going to throw an entire political party under the bus over the comment of one, I think the party housing Biden should take cover.

Just sayin'
    I think we should ban advertising and if people want to meet the candidates they should have to go meet them when they get off the bus or train in their city. The way it used to be. Ar have debates and all candidates have public funds and be limited to that. No more talk shows. Then you can decide based on what you hear and observe, not based on the news and talk shows and whatever flaky-puff comment of the day gets the most attention, used by the opposing side (regardless of which side) to create fear and unease and knee jerk, emotional reactions.

6 members found this post helpful.

Noms, I didn't see one bit of hate or anything else I would call "ugly".

And there can't be any real discourse because most liberals I know think they are 100% right and anyone who disagrees is a buffoon. Luckily I know a few who are not in that camp.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ? Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    What a lovely image, my liberal, open minded, good hearted friend. Do you trip over that smug mug much?
    I might have to steal the smug mug much line.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Well, I think the "red states" letter was kinda assholey. But yeah, "tirade of hared" kinda sums this diatribe up.

Also, its not really entirely true. I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the country (as in, top 10, with very high per capita income, sky-high property values largely unaffected by the housing crash, and with some of the best public schools in the country) and we were solid blue on Tuesday. And just voted for gay marriage. And while D.C. certainly has its problems, especially when it comes to governance (which is largely just a headache inducing, disgusting joke to liberals as well much of the time), its also filled with highly educated professionals who pay a premium to live in its many, many very nice neighborhoods...not just "Georgetown bistros", whatever those are.

I mean I get it, you found the other letter offensive. I won't defend it. But what you just spewed on here in response is pretty ridiculous.
    Well you better sequestration doesn't take place. VA/MD/DC set to lose 335,000 jobs, most in your area.
    Free bar.ka and tidy rabbit.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    I do not understand this mentality. It is not a football game between LSU and UGA.

There will be no winners and losers if our country tanks economically.

Everyone-even those singing the high praises and importance of gay marriage and free birth control will be in the can.

I am not saying these issues are not important to many...but it really won't matter if you can marry your partner if you don't have any cash for the honeymoon.

Daddy's Red money true can only support his blue child for so long before the tree dies....

This is the difference between Red and Blue. Red understand this...Blue fails to. Every. Time.
    Excellent post.
    Free bar.ka and tidy rabbit.

So if Republicans want to sigh and rant over the loss of this election and how the country is doomed, I'm going to have a chuckle at it. They could have made this election about the economy about jobs but they didn't through their own "smack their mouth, did I just say that" kind of quotes, they made this about social issues and their apparent complete lack of knowledge how a uterus works. So yeah I'm going to have a hearty laugh now when they cry and moan. I'll be done laughing in about a day or so. Call it smug, but I THINK the Republicans cornered the market on that up and until the moment Obama was declared the winner. (Except Rove, took him a few minutes longer)
    You let a few morons brand the entire party?

How do you explain you allegiance to the Democrats- and Joe Biden?

I think Karl Rove is the devil. I'm a Republican. Can you sort that out or is it just too complicated for you to ponder?

Seriously- Gawk and whoop all you want- you've labeled yourself a simple minded buffoon, applying a Post-it to an entire political party, because you think it's cute.

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    I'm not really a liberal. Just a moderate Republican sittin' on the Dem bench until the ultra-conservatives get out of people's personal lives and start their own party.

But I confess to giggling at Karl Rove's reaction on Fox News Tuesday night when their own statistical nerds called Ohio for the president. It was classic -- he bristled, he bridled, he blustered, and even argued when with the stat nerds about their conclusions. I really cannot stand that man, and I enjoyed seeing him so put off.
    I'm with you on the sitting on the bench part, I just can't quite sit on the D bench. I brought my own chair, I guess. I told DH Monday night that the Christian in Christian Conversative will ruin this election for the Republicans. That the fact that Mitt is about as warm and engaging as a wet fish.

And yes, Karl Rove is a bad man. I'm with you there. But he's not 'the' party. Is it time he left the room? Yup.

7 members found this post helpful.

You know, it could be that as conservatives we tend to have a lot of ugly crap thrown at us. The only group that can be made fun of now is the white Southern Christian, and we've turned the cheek many times. I for one am tired of liberals saying that our beliefs are wrong, we're backwards, we are bigoted, we're anti this and anti that. We have opinions, just like you do, and just because they differ from yours does not make them wrong. We tend to just shut up most of the time because they won't listen, when you say something they don't like they turn to the race card or the gay card or just get flat ugly. I am tired of it.

Noms, I appreciate your letter.I have found I appreciate a whole bunch of what you have posted. I don't care if the blue people don't like it. I really didn't appreciate their joke at all, and I am sure they didn't care either. Afterall, they are the enlightened ones...we're just the backwoods hicks. I don't care. I would rather be a backwoods hick happy with my family, God, guns and my redneck Racking horse than a self righteous hypocrit who believes themselves to be better than someone else.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

16 members found this post helpful.