The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was there in person, and I didn't realize that anyone jumped to 1.70. I can also vouch for the fact that there were no standing ovations, but a couple of stallions did receive some applause after finishing in the jump chute.

Bliss is obviously a very good jumper and was very appreciated by a lot of the people there. It was a very, very good group of stallions and I would definitely encourage people to go and watch these testings in the future. They are a lot of fun, very educational, and nothing replaces seeing these guys in person.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

OK. Just spoke with Maggie again

The standards I believe are 6'. The cup was in the top hole. What height IS that then???

I calculated:

1 metre = 3.2808 feet

1.7 metres = 5.57736 feet

She is on her way home and will send me a copy of the picture to post once she stops for the night or tomorrow when she gets home

She also mentioned that she thinks Bon Balou jumped the same height but wasnt 100% sure as she was heading down to the ring to video Bliss going through at the time he went through

Incredible for both stallions if they both did!

I honestly don't know how high the big jump was. It WAS big! I was thinking 1.60 meters, but obviously I wasn't setting jumps, or running out there to measure

I do believe that both Bon Balou and Bliss jumped the same height, but again, didn't measure
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Hillside - you're correct on both counts!

Just got another call from Maggie who spoke with Summer

The jump cup hid the top hole in the standard, so what appeared to be the top hole on the standard, wasnt

Summer advised that both Bliss MF and Bon Balou jumped 1.60 successfully through the jump chute which is fabulous for both stallions! :)

Kudos to both stallions and congratulations to both of their connections! :)

I have pictures, not the quality of Kinsella's but you can see the size of the jump: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9767257&type=3

I agree with Hillside, this is a very worthwhile event to attend if you can make it there in person. There is nothing like seeing these stallions in the flesh.

Thank you again to Silver Creek, the staff and all the stallion owners for yet another wonderful testing.
    Sheila Armstrong