The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Another TuffRider lover here! But, this summer, I fell in love with Kerritts tights - no so snug that the, ahem, dimples showed, but very comfortable.
    And nothing bad happened!

I have been riding in the Bradley Jeans Breeches - the fabric is a really nice thickness and the styling is adorable. Just the perfect amount of change from the same run of the mill breeches we wear day in and day out.
    Aunt Esther for President 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    My only qualm with them is that diagonal zip pocket. What is it like in person? Also, can you describe the fabric? Does it feel the TS breech?
    I must have a different one, my pockets don't have zips but they are still convenient pockets. Just deep enough for a cookie or 2. I can't compare it to the TS fabrics, I've never even tried TS on. I do know that I love these way more than my ovations and in fact, I just gave those away tonight. The Horze brand were way more flattering on me.
    The fabric does have plenty of give for me but they aren't too stretchy. It's well woven and mine have stood up to a beating, no piling either which is a huge plus for me, I hate fabrics that do that!
    Last edited by AirForceWife; Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: More fabric info

Quote Originally Posted by morsekg View Post
    They have Grand Prix Vegas and Hudson breeches on tack of the day today.
    Anyone know how those compare in size to the trophy hunters?
    What is a modified rise? Mid-rise?
    Thanks to all who have chimed in. I just jumped at this ^^.. thank you tack of the day. Hoping they fit as the trophy hunters do. If not, I'll sob and re-sell on eBay.

Love my Ariat Heritages!

Quote Originally Posted by BostonHJ View Post
    I am in love with my Horze active knee patch breeches. They are all of $47 and less when you use one of their many 50% off promo codes. They've worn well so far (probably 15 rides and washes), are very comfortable and have a Euro seat (must-have for me). They are the only breeches I really like besides the TS Trophy. That said, they do run long, but I have heard from people that are less vertically oriented than myself that they are easy to cuff and wear. Definitely order a size down.

The best part comes when people ask what brand they are and you can smile and say Horze I plan to try some of their other breeches soon.
    OMG, you are so right! I ordered a pair of these during the recent sale, and they just arrived today. They are so, so comfortable, and the fabric is lovely--so thick and satiny. My only reservation is the euroseat, which I am self-conscious about. I'm not a fan of euro-seats in general. However, the breeches fit like a glove, so I will definitely be keeping these. They are gorgeous! I am throwing out all my tights and schoolers!

(Thanks for the sizing advice! I ordered a size down from my regular size, which was definitely the right choice. I will have to shorten them, though, or fold the cuffs up.)
    Last edited by Dewey; Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

3 members found this post helpful.

So glad you like them, I tossed all of my others out to

Glad you love them! I have them in black and actually wear them as leggings - I get a lot of compliments from people who think they are part of the equestrian fashion trend rather than actual breeches.

I have been looking at a pair of Ariat Heritage's, Equine Couture Coolmax Champion or possibly the GP Vegas or Hampton II's. Any thoughts on these?

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceWife View Post
    This, I love these things, I'm only 5'2 and they do run long, but they're thin enough(not too thin to be cold in) to make a makeshift cuff by pulling them up and doing the velcro. I won't buy any other schoolers again.
    For you who wear the Horze breeches, when does this website have that 50% sale? Is it every day during "happy hour"? The one time I've been on there they were advertising some happy hour sale, but I didn't buy any of the breeches because I couldn't find any non-patterned pairs.

winter1 is a working code right now for 50% (eta, add something to your cart, put in the code, then everything will show the 50% price).

WINTER1 is their current promo code. They have some 50% off promo going more often than not.

SANTA1 is good till November 20.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

They aren't low rise are they?
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Quote Originally Posted by europa View Post
    They aren't low rise are they?
    The Grand Prix style is a very flattering mid rise. I'm fairly petite and it hits me maybe an inch below my waist. The waistband is quite wide too, so it doesn't feel weird. I ride basically every day in mine and none of them show any signs of wear or anything. Also, the white is MUCH less see-through than any other white breeches I've tried, even the higher end Tailored Sportsmans. Not saying I'd wear neon panties under them, but still.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

The Active are also a mid-rise (win), although the waist band is a bit narrower than the one on the TS Trophy. My fat belts fit through the loops but barely.

I love the Horze breeches and I like the equine couture as well. I also like the Tuff Riders and I have a few pairs of their ribbed breeches and also their cotton wide waistband breeches that fit me well, but don't wear as well as the ribbed breeches.

I used to love the Rider Sport breeches, but the fabric changed into a lighter material. I like the side zip knee patch breeches, but they don't wear well and not worth the cost IMO.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

I adore my Dover Riding Sport side zips. They only have 3 colors, but I love the fit on me, and for the price, they're practically disposable. Wish they would make them in black. I'm only 4'10" with about a 27" inseam, and the length on these is just above my ankle bone.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

I do like the GP, they stretch differently so they, in my case, wear out faster. So my vote goes to the TS.

Or really, tbh, I'll ride in my Target leggings

I love my Kerrits Flex tight fullseats. But now that it's cold, I've switched over to my winter breeches, also Kerrits but knee patch.
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo