The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LOVE the horse, how honest can you get?! And you do a lovely job. I agree with shortening stirrups. To stop you from jumping ahead and to fix the horse's front end, all I can think about is, yes, gymnastics. Lotsa bounces. It'll make you wait & get your horse much sharper in front

I agree with a lot said. I love your horse and you seem to have a great relationship.

As others have said, I'd go up a hole and as others had said, I would've preferred to see your reins slip and be more flexible. But here's something that I don't recall reading and I could be way off base with this... but hey, you get what you pay for While watching your video, I had an overwhelming urge to want to pull your saddle pad and tack back a bit. Though, I don't know if it's your horse's conformation or maybe how you had your reins... but your horse's neck and front end seemed so compact. Coupled with you being a larger guy, it looked to me that your horse seemed weighted down and that was causing issues for your horse to get off his forehand between fences and have the flexibility to use his front end over fences.

Again, just my 2ยข.
    I'm so busy I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse