The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage Masters tickets?

Yes, I know there is a site selling reserved seating at the Dressage Masters this January, but my friends and I will only be there for the last day or two of the competition. We don't want to shell out big $$ for reserved seating for the entire competition. I've left a message at the ticket office, but have not heard back.

Does anyone here know if individual tickets will be available at the gate? I've never attended, so any information will be appreciated!

I am pretty sure they don't offer individual tickets (never saw signs or anything indicative of them while I was there this year). There weren't even any signs pointing towards the ticket tent. Contacting the the IPC (int'l polo club) is probably your best bet if that wasn't the office you were in touch with originally...wish I could remember the name of the woman who I dealt with last year, she was very helpful and nice.

Does anyone know who they are trying to get to come compete this year? I haven't been able to find any information.

Thanks, Cadance. I called the phone number connected with the ticket sales site. I do hope individual tickets are available!

I have no idea who will be there for the competition. Whoever is there, it will be a treat.

I may be going, too. I would probably be satisfied just hanging around the show grounds and watching the warm-ups. I hope that part is (mostly) free.

Hey! Might you be attending the Global Dressage Forum, too, Larkspur?

I'm contemplating attending this year, but want more information. I would like to go for one day/evening but can't find a schedule and wonder if it's possible to buy a ticket for just one day/evening? Also, would love any information about schedule and how the event goes for the 3 days - which day is the best day to attend?

Perhaps it would have been wiser to maintain your silence than to make an effort obviously borne from some sense of obligation - Cindi

Funcky, thqt's the event that's happening AFTER the Dressage Masters.

I got an email last night that confirmed the only tickets available for the Dressage Masters are reserved seats sold for all the entire evening programs. Too rich for me, but the daytime show (Sunshine Challenge) is free admission.

That'll do!

The show obviously hasn't put up a schedule of rides yet, but some idea of what tests/caliber of competition can be gathered by looking at past year's shows.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFigs View Post
    Hey! Might you be attending the Global Dressage Forum, too, Larkspur?
    Yep!

As for the expensive Dressage Masters tickets, I will have to pass. The free stuff will be good enough for me.

I went this year (January, 2012) and didn't buy a ticket. Watching the warm ups, the Wellington Classic Dressage Show and shopping kept me busy for 2 full days! I got to meet Steffen Peters and Heather Blitz while there, too There is PLENTY to see and do without having a ticket for the "indoor" competitions.
    Heather
    Green Cove Springs, FL

Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFigs View Post
    The show obviously hasn't put up a schedule of rides yet, but some idea of what tests/caliber of competition can be gathered by looking at past year's shows.
    Looking at Dressage Daily, it was Nov 10 last year when they announced Totilas was coming.

Dressage Daily article

In that article they said Ravel, Valegro, Calecto V, Salinero, and Favourit were all already conformed to show. We missed two of them (Salinero and Totilas), but it was nice to know who we're paying $$$ to watch.

I'm wondering if they are holding off announcements because they received flack last year for the two cancellations and tickets will sell regardless of an announcement, or because they aren't getting such big names this year?

Could be! I'm all for simply watching the warm-ups and getting the results on-line later.

Still no names: Dressage Daily update:

"The 2013 line-up should prove to be equally exciting. Invitations have been extended to Olympic riders from the U.S., Germany, Great Britain, the Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Spain and Canada."