The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTRider View Post
    I'm in love with my Amazon Prime account, although you would have to hook your computer up to your TV. Episodes of the most highly-rated shows cost the same as they do on iTunes, but some popular, less publicized shows (like Downton Abbey) are free. The free two-day shipping is a huge plus!
    You can get a Roku box and not have to hook your PC up to your TV. The Roku boxes are pretty cheap, have no service fees and you can stream Netflix and Amazon, Pandora and some other random things to your TV directly from your router. We've got a few of them around the house, they are great.

It depends what you watch. I live Indie, foreign, and horror movies. They are all streaming all the time and I can see thingas I could never find at a local video store or Redbox. If you like big blockbuster Hollywood movies and don't watch that much- you're probably better off at RedBox.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I am kind of ashamed to admit that I also have an Amazon Prime membership, purchased for the free shipping and the Kindle lending library, and I didn't realize there was streaming content available.
    I had better go check that out!

I'm DVD-only and I think it's great. Working my way thru back seasons of dr who at the moment.

I'm dvd only and love it for the obscure movies. I've been a customer since 2003.

I have Netflix streaming and Amazon Prime. I ditched my cable because I have more than enough to watch with those two.

We have a Roku player hooked to our TV and have Nexflix (streaming only), Hulu Plus, our Amazon prime and our mlb.tv accounts available. I prefer watching tv shows on Netflix because there aren't any commercials, but they don't have the most recent seasons of the shows I watch. So I watch recent episodes on Hulu and baseball games on mlb.tv. I really like being able to watch my favorite tv shows with limited or no commercials whenever I want.

I have streaming only and I love it. Like others have said, the tv series selections are better than the movie selections. I tend to like British television series, and have been pleased with my subscription. Last complete one I watched was MI-5.

We have Netflix streaming as well. It is great for starting a show (Grey's Anatomy, Numb3rs, Private Practice for example that is on season 7 or so on TV that you want to catch up on. As others said, not super great movies.

We love Netflix. I'm the mean mom who won't get cable so at least now the kids can catch up on some series their friends talk about.

And right now? DH is home sick and grumpy so he is sequestered in our room watching all kinds of bad movies and staying out of my hair. It's worth it just for that alone!

1 members found this post helpful.

I have streaming, and I also get one DVD at a time. So depending on how fast I watch & send back, I can go through several movies a month. Usually that doesn't happen and I go through 2 or 3, but I think it's definitely worth it.

Whatever I can't watch on live stream, I just get on DVD; these are mainly movies since most TV shows are live stream.

I love Netflix. I especially love the selection of classics and foreign films. And if I get on a kick of a particular actor or director, I can watch all of their movies in one big glut.

I also love the reaction of my son with some of my selections because I get to introduce him to some amazing stuff that he thinks he'll hate.

When I got 12 Angry Men, he rolled his eyes. It's now one of his favorites.

La Vie en Rose - "Subtitles? REALLY? Are you kidding me?" He watched it 3 times before he'd let me mail it back.

He's asked me to re-order the John Adams series. Which he moaned and groaned about when the first disc came.

And I'm going to have to get Downton Abby for him before the new season starts so he can refresh his memory.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.