The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CL Old Guy needs some help...

This guy seems well taken care of, but needs some groceries for sure. I wish I could take him in, but don't have the extra funds right now.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/3356783434.html

I hate those ads. 'We don't have any use for him now that he's old and can't be ridden, so he needs to go'.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

I know they break my heart. He deserves a good home in his old age, especially after carting around children while they grew up. Seems like a sweet old guy.

Sad. I live to far away to take him and have two of my own. I sure hope he finds a home. There are so many horses looking for homes why I always keep mine for life. Good luck sweet horse!

He even looks depressed.. Wish he was closer..

Bedazzle, the COTH community might help you out if you go get him... I will, for sure.

Me 2

He's right around 2 hours from where my boarding barn is. Pasture board is $200 at my barn, but he seems like he might need some extra care which I'm willing to give, but the budget is very tight at the moment. I will email and get some more information.

ETA: I looked up wrong area, he is 1hr 15min from my barn.

Ahg, this makes me so sad. My barn is full of my own oldsters that I keep forever...I am near Columbus, let me know if I can be of any help.

He looks awfully ribby for an easy keeper. Jingles he gets an upgrade soon.

Bump. I emailed last night and did not receive a response as of yet. Since there in no phone number on the ad, if anyone else wants to email to get info that would be great because I am still willing to help this old man in any way possible.

This just breaks my heart. I was just looking at all the awesome seniors on this thread: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...our-old-horses and was thinking about how wonderful it is that so many people are so willing to keep their oldsters forever then I see this thread. I know how much more work it takes to take care of an aging equine (I have two, 26 and 29) But one would think that after he's packed the kiddies around for so many years he'd get the cushy retirement he deserves.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

I just could never give up my horse just they no longer what I needed. I have two pasture horses they have jobs. Eat my grass, eat treats and be groomed. They have good weight and shinny coats and are happy horses and will remain that way.
    Jingles for this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by bathsheba8542 View Post
    Bedazzle, the COTH community might help you out if you go get him... I will, for sure.
    Me too. (Altho I waited till someone else said this, since one CCC has flamed me for offering money to save horses.) PM me if it is a go.

1 members found this post helpful.

Unfortunately, I cannot get a response from the owners of this horse. I really wish I could help, but I hope that their lack of response means the horse has found a (better) home.