The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Moist heat......I have arthritis in my lower back, and dry heat does nothing.

I am getting an epidural on Monday, I had facet blocks but they only lasted 6 days. Cauterizing the nerves did nothing. They gave me Cymbalta but I think I want to wait until after I see if the epidural works before I start taking it. I learned long ago at the track never to do two things at the same time in case it works. I took the first pill today but won't take anymore right away. I looked it up once I got home and it looks like something I want to avoid if possible.

Good luck with those treatments Laurie. I've got RA so I've tried Cymbalta but it didn't do much for me - like anything, you have to find which one works.

ETA: Woops, I was thinking Celebrex. I've never tried Cymbalta.

I took the first Cymbalta at 11:30am yesterday. Finally fell asleep at 6am this morning despite taking benadryl at 1am. Woke up at 7:30 with a migraine! Will not be taking another pill today!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    I am getting an epidural on Monday, I had facet blocks but they only lasted 6 days. Cauterizing the nerves did nothing. They gave me Cymbalta but I think I want to wait until after I see if the epidural works before I start taking it. I learned long ago at the track never to do two things at the same time in case it works. I took the first pill today but won't take anymore right away. I looked it up once I got home and it looks like something I want to avoid if possible.
    Absolutely don't do two at once for exactly the reason you stated: you won't know what is working.

I've had every injection they do in the US and am being told go abroad for stem cell. Good luck! Low back pain is a mean mofo.

I was on Cymbalta to interrupt the pain signals. I reacted badly: spun down into a depression without realizing it was a med reaction. I am now on Savella to interrupt that pain pathway.

Jingles!!