The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

I'm thrilled that my state VA went blue & in a big way!

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukluk View Post
    I am happy with the results. I believe that a main difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans believe that life is fair. All I can tell you is nothing could be farther from the truth. I work at a prison. It is stunning how much privilege I have had in my life (parents who were highly educated and wanted me, could afford to take care of my basic needs as well as many extras etc) and how much set backs and disadvantages the majority of inmates have (parents who are are in no position to be parents- parents who are criminals and drug users, lack of supervision, horrific abuse, etc etc). I am not saying that environment is the only factor at play here but life is most definitely NOT a level playing field. Most of us on this forum are incredibly privileged and may not realize it.
    Totally agree. I am from a privileged background in that we always had food on the table and a roof over our heads. A few years ago an incident pushed me into a section of society that I would never have been exposed to and opened my eyes to what life truly is like in the US if you are born without privilege. I voted with my conscience fully aware that financially I may be impacted negatively by the result.

29 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pandorasboxx View Post
    Your state made me nervous for hours!

4 members found this post helpful.

Obama needs to make his speech already... this sleepyhead has been up since 5 AM stressing, and I want to go to bed!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Wonderful, we can all sing cum buyah together, when we run out of money and china calls the note.
    Obama has made life infinitely harder for all the major outsourcing companies. It's incredibly difficult to bring resources in from India and China to learn the job and take it back. Now they have to use many more US resources. I suspect Romney would have blown that open again, given his own financial interests in outsourcing. It always made me smile when he talked about getting tough on China, when in reality Obama has made it very difficult for outsourcers.

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by big_red_ottb View Post
    Obama needs to make his speech already... this sleepyhead has been up since 5 AM stressing, and I want to go to bed!
    ME TOO!

Me too !

Massachusetts resoundingly voted for Obama over their own man: almost 70% to 30%.

16 members found this post helpful.

I hope the GOP learns some lessons from their platforms being resoundingly rejected in 10 of 11 swing states tonight. The Republican Party needs to figure out how to stop alienating vast portions of the population in favor of selling out to the Religious Right and $Big Business$ or else they risk irrelevancy within 2 generations.

13 members found this post helpful.

Lucky it's only 10:30 here when he comes on. Good man.

He had nothing but good to say about Romney, as Romney did him. Hopefully ALL will follow their examples.

3 members found this post helpful.

The President was re-elected with 55% of the female vote, 60% of the youth vote, 80% of the non-white vote & 40% of the white vote, with the white vote surprisingly only down 3% from 08.

It looks like women were a strong factor in his win. Perhaps the Republican strategy of tacking to the radical right may be tempered by this shellacking. He only lost one battleground state.

7 members found this post helpful.

Simkie, am asking out of curiosity....how was Romney against basic human rights?

One of the commentators said that young people (under 30) voted for Kerry over Bush by 9 points and that this time the same demographic voted for Obama over Romney by 30 points, so the Republican party has lost a lot of ground with them over the last few years. Younger people are so far from the ancient GOP attitudes towards women, minorities, gay people....the GOP simply *has* to change.

10 members found this post helpful.

Short and sweet! Bed time. I wish everyone a GREAT night's sleep, and a positive, good future. You know we can get somewhere if we all demand it. A lot has been done tonight to restore that we do have impact and can get things done.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Wonderful, we can all sing cum buyah together, when we run out of money and china calls the note.
    This may happen no matter what party is in office. There are very few differences, and hardly any of them have the balls and brilliance to take a stand and not sound like a looney toon.

America has no one to blame but itself for this pickle. Joe Schmoe was just as fine with borrowing for his own account as he was with sitting by while the gov't did it. Boo hoo.
    Fear is the rocket sauce.
    Jack Black

Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post
    Simkie, am asking out of curiosity....how was Romney against basic human rights?
    His opposition to marriage equality springs rather quickly to mind.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Massachusetts resoundingly voted for Obama over their own man: almost 70% to 30%.
    Belmont, MA, where Romney keeps his primary home, went for Obama too:

Precinct 1: Obama – 1,210 Romney – 574

Precinct 3: Obama – 1,143 Romney – 507

Precinct 4: Obama – 1,079 Romney – 426

Precinct 5: Obama – 1,131 Romney – 542

Precinct 6: Obama – 1,219 Romney – 522

Precinct 7: Obama – 1,190 Romney – 504

Read more: The unofficial Belmont results are in for the Presidential election - Belmont, MA - Belmont Citizen-Herald http://www.wickedlocal.com/belmont/n...#ixzz2BXIQCimM

4 members found this post helpful.

I couldn't be happier!

FYI, it was George W. Bush who got us into this terrible economy, Obama is working hard to dig us out. How quickly people forget.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

27 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pandorasboxx View Post
    I'm so proud of Loudoun County's results:

Barack Obama = 81,900
    Mitt Romney = 74,793
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

6 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Yeah, I was surprised that Obama kicked the shit out of Romney in Northern VA given how much support there was for Romney coming from the "Family Values" crowd which is largely Catholic and the wealthy voters in the area, who are also very much Catholic as well.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!