The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thank God we can finally get back to the things that are really important: what do I name my new horse and what color shirt should I wear with this show jacket!
    My new mantra - \"Life is too short not to eat ice cream.\"
    ReRiders Clique

39 members found this post helpful.

A relief! I'm looking forward to moving forward as a nation!

21 members found this post helpful.

I gave you a thumbs up for this post!!

Quote Originally Posted by hasahorse View Post
    Thank God we can finally get back to the things that are really important: what do I name my new horse and what color shirt should I wear with this show jacket!

3 members found this post helpful.

I'm happy! I live in one of the most conservative states and though I knew my vote wouldn't do anything to offset the overwhelming majority for Romney, I'm glad I took the 3+ hours that it took me to vote.

People will complain and say the world will end but they survived the last four years and will likely survive the next four.

23 members found this post helpful.

JETSMOM "When was the last time you saw a bunch of people that fit the Repuplican demographic rioting because they didn't like the outcome of something ? Most of the time it is the demographic of those that support Obama,,, young, ignorant, illiterate, black, wanting for things"

AliCat did not post this statement, JETSMOM did. I responded to JETSMOM's bigoted response not anything to do with Alicat. YAH ! Obama !

7 members found this post helpful.

I hope the Republican party comes back more to the middle - the rape comments were absolutely stomach churning to me.
    I felt as if we had a really horrible choice - either vote for people/humanity or the economy.
    I do believe that Obama inherited a great deal of this from past issues. Hopefully we can now move forward to fix what's wrong.
    Just call me Pollyanna...............

38 members found this post helpful.

^I agree! There was no perfect choice, but to me, human rights are so much more important than the economy...

28 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    I hope the Republican party comes back more to the middle - the rape comments were absolutely stomach churning to me.
    I felt as if we had a really horrible choice - either vote for people/humanity or the economy.
    I do believe that Obama inherited a great deal of this from past issues. Hopefully we can now move forward to fix what's wrong.
    Well put! What was coming from the republicans about women's rights was absolutely terrifying. I struggle to understand how any woman or any person with daughters could stand behind them.

32 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    I completely agree with you! Unfortunately that's the way the 2 party system has forced us to choose.

Now that he's won, it's time to work together and reach across party lines and move this country forward. Nothing can get done if congress continues to block everything, simply because it's been written by "the other guy". Everyone deserves respect and we should be grateful to be able to participate in this amazing democratic process!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

19 members found this post helpful.

Oh hi, my username is AliCat. Just wanted to make sure that people realize there are a few of us with similar usernames.

16 members found this post helpful.

I'm very happy with tonight's outcome. The last four years have been better for my family than the previous eight were so I'm am more than happy to continue moving forward.

23 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    ^I agree! There was no perfect choice, but to me, human rights are so much more important than the economy...
    Absolutely.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Oh hi, my username is AliCat. Just wanted to make sure that people realize there are a few of us with similar usernames.
    Okay, that was funny.

1 members found this post helpful.

Honestly I don't understand why people think Romney would have been good for the economy... MAYBE for the short term but not for the long term, and not for most people.

20 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    I am not sure why I bothered....

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I am not sure why I bothered....
    Is Stolen Virtue also a popular handle in these parts?

1 members found this post helpful.

oh boy, another 4 yrs of great email jokes and cartoons
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

2 members found this post helpful.

Am happy, think he was the best choice. I have a big problem with people who vote a party, or platform. There is good and evil in each party, and we need to vote for the best man for the job-sometimes that will be a Democrat, sometimes a Republican. I used to vote more towards Republican, but they have such silly flakes running nowadays-including Romney-that the last two elections I have leaned more towards Democrats.
    One thing I have noticed among my friends, acquaintences, coworkers and family, though: People who care more about money tend to vote Republican, those that care more about people vote Democrat.

21 members found this post helpful.

Very disgusted. My conscience is clear, I did not vote for obama in either election.

You fools just unleashed Mr. "I will have more flexibility after the election". Now you will get to see what he meant by that. You will probably not like it. hahaha.

12 members found this post helpful.

I am happy with the results. I believe that a main difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans believe that life is fair. All I can tell you is nothing could be farther from the truth. I work at a prison. It is stunning how much privilege I have had in my life (parents who were highly educated and wanted me, could afford to take care of my basic needs as well as many extras etc) and how much set backs and disadvantages the majority of inmates have (parents who are are in no position to be parents- parents who are criminals and drug users, lack of supervision, horrific abuse, etc etc). I am not saying that environment is the only factor at play here but life is most definitely NOT a level playing field. Most of us on this forum are incredibly privileged and may not realize it.

44 members found this post helpful.