The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking My DH Is Now A Crazy Cat Man...Prepare To Pee Yourself

So when I moved in with DH, I brought my three wonderful cats. The one cat was abused before I got her and she has been "his cat". When he lays down at night, she waits for him and jumps on him. Sean says he "loves her", but he is not a "cat person".

Fast forward to last month. I wanted a Persian. One of Sean's clients had a beautiful male that I fell in love with. Sean ended up doing $800 worth of dental work to this guys horses so I could have my cat. Well, the little guy has become Sean's cat...to the point a few days ago Sean said "I'm going to buy a hoodie and cut a hole in it for Gizmo". I said "where are you going to take Gizmo" and Sean said "everywhere I go".

This dang cat follows Sean everywhere...even the bathroom. When Sean sleeps, the cat sleeps on him.

A few days ago, Sean was eating peaches...yes, the sweet fruit. He had it in his mouth and Gizmo begged for some. So, Sean being the daddy he is, chews the peach up for Gizmo and gives him bites of it. It turns out Gizmo loves peaches. Tonight, Sean was chewing up chicken and feeding it to Gizzy.

He started calling him his "fur son". Now, he just calls him his son. Tonight, Sean told his real daughter that she needs to take better care of her little brother.

Today, Sean was looking at a daily calendar and was going to buy it...because it was pictures of cats.

What happened to my manly man and who is this crazy cat man?
    Boarding for Show, Pleasure, and Retirement horses. www.LockeMeadows.com

25 members found this post helpful.

Well, just as long as he is not calling the cat "fruit of my loins"......My son is a cat person always has been. Our now deceased torti that never let anyone hold her always let my son carry her around even as a toddler. My son loves LOL cats and could watch them all day, he is 12 now.

I think those of us who love our animals show a real compassion and soul. Enjoy your new catman.

7 members found this post helpful.

That is adorable... my husband calls our female fluffy slutty calico cat his "girlfriend," and has "special cheek rubbing time" when he gets home with one of our other cats (who lies on his chest at night purring and glaring at me if I come near). Although the latter cat walked right up to him the other night and sprayed the end table, at which point husband announced that when the cats all die, we can get another dachshund, but no more than one cat.

3 members found this post helpful.

Cats rule the world and choose who they want to be their special helpers.

We train dogs, we accommodate cats.

15 members found this post helpful.

Last night, Sean and Gizmo shared jello...off the same spoon. I have so many cute pictures of them on Facebook. Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1843775&type=3

4 members found this post helpful.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Dang!
    Can't see your FB page : (

But, from my own experience, when men fall for cats they go down HARD!

DH was totally a non-cat guy when he moved in w/me.
    My cat at the time would wake me by sitting on my chest and licking my eyebrow until I gave in & got up.
    Poor Tom woke up one morning with cat on his chest, purring up a storm (he told me "growling") and reached for his eyebrow.

Which launched Tom out of bed - he was afraid the cat was going to bite his eye.
    They learned to get along and although this cat never became "his", 2 later cats were definitely more partial to him than me.

He used to share a chocolate-frosted donut with one little female - I'd see the pastry sitting on his desk with teeny bitemarks all over it.
    she was all of about 5#, but could down 1/2 a donut.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

1 members found this post helpful.

My DH isn't a cat person either...until we got a cat who was very dog like. Unfortuantely we had to put that cat down and it hit him SO HARD. Both of us would wake up crying in the middle of the night, it was horrible. Since then we've gotten a dog so the DH kind of ignores the cats we have now, but I bet if another cat like the one we had came along, it would win his heart back.

Super cute pics of your hubs with the cat, btw

My husband is constantly saying "But I'm not a cat person!" as the cats twist them around their little pinky paws.

Our one cat is awesome. She goes for walks with him and shadows him constantly. He says "she is the dog I never had".
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

1 members found this post helpful.

I must say after your story & looking at the photo's I've totally fallen for your husband. Something so endearing about a tough looking guy being so sweet to kitties... swoon!

(Don't worry I've been single for 46 years so you are probably safe from me stalking & trying to steal him. )

Love the OP's story. I laughed. IME the really confident men like cats. They "get" them and like their insouciance and King of the World attitude.

This memory just popped into my head. Last year my son, all 6'4" of him, agreed to watch a cat for a friend. This friend had to go out of town and right before departure, they'd taken in a poor, ratty little abandoned-in-the-city kitten. Friend asks son if he would take care of the cat because he'd just gotten it and it was small and he didn't want to leave it alone for several days right after getting it. Else he'd have to cancel the trip. Son says you go ahead, I'll watch the blankety-blank cat. Friend leaves. Son stays at friend's place to take care of the freakin' cat.

Son emails me a day later and says that he was really surprised when he suddenly realized that there was this small little cat, and if anyone would try to hurt this little kitten, "I would rend him limb from limb with my bare hands."

It happens to the best of them.
    Last edited by Anne FS; Nov. 7, 2012 at 08:57 PM.

17 members found this post helpful.

Awwwwwww!!!
    (Let me preface this by saying I had to type that first word a few times because spellcheck wanted to change it to "asses" and that wasn't really the message I wanted to send!! )
    Very sweet! Nice guy! I think kind people can't help but fall for animals when they're around them enough.
    I knew my BF and I were going to last when he started to refer to my gelding as his "son"!
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

5 members found this post helpful.

Yup, I too have a man pussy. Here she is shamelessly rubbing all over him, all the while giving me the evil eye: http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z...tymankitty.jpg

And this from the big tough man, who claimed he hated cats.
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

Omg! That is the best story and the most adorable pictures!!! Hahaha!

Perhaps there is hope for my fiance, then, because he claims to hate cats - says he will never own one. Me, I love both my pups and my kitties. We will be building a house and barn on some acreage I own this coming Summer. At which time, I will insist we get a "barn cat" or 2. Then kitty, kitties can show him that, "Resistance is futile."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Cats rule the world and choose who they want to be their special helpers.

We train dogs, we accommodate cats.
    So very true!

I was reading this thread to Sean and he asked that I make it clear that he took Gizzy to the vet when he bought him and Gizzy has been de-wormed...since they share food every evening! Tonight, they are sharing a muffin...

SO is an animal person in the very deepest sense and it's the only thing that has kept me from killing him over the years.

SO said he doesn't really like the cats, except, he loves them. WE have one stunning long haired lynx point Siamese that we kept because he ADORES SO. I call him my SO's son, and he looks like him. My 6'4" SO chases his "son" around the house and just HAS to tell me 50 times a day the cutest thing his son does.

The cat likes me--he ADORES my SO. This GIANT, fluffy, gorgeous cat with the biggest paws ever has the babiest little "mew," and should SO go in the bathroom without him, the sonic baby "mew" goes overtime.

2 members found this post helpful.

Those pictures are ADORABLE!!

My father always claimed to hate the cats...but he secretly loves them. For example, my mother's cat (lovingly nicknamed "bitchcat") is adorable but vicious. When she sleeps on the computer chair, my mother kicks her off. My dad? He pushes the computer chair over to the side and grabs another chair. All while petting her and muttering "bitchcat." He loves her, he just doesn't want to admit it!

Heehee! Love the stories!! When I met my SO, he was a self proclaimed cat hater and if and when we moved in together the cat would not be coming.(yeah right!). So that obviously wasn't gonna happen on my end, so then fine, Sylvester can come but he is not to be inside... Ever!(yeah right!)
    Ok, so sylvest is allowed inside, but only in the hallway and kitchen, lol.... Yeaaaah.... So end of the story is, the cat sleeps on his side at his feet, gets up every morning at 5:30am, and has the morning gossip, in the *ahem* office lol! I can hear the cat, *meow meow* and I can hear SO talking back to him! In a baby voice!! (He'd be mortified if I knew he was talking like that lmao!!)

Cat follows him everywhere! If he's working in the shop or garage, going out to feed the horse, and if he's petting the dogs the cat comes and pushes the dogs out of the way. It's pretty cute

For the first 17 years of our marriage we didn't have cats because hubby "hated cats." Then daughter had to move back home for a while with her cat. First cat had to stay shut up in her room (adjacent his office)because he hated cats. Then door started being left open, to give Chester more room, then he started letting Chester into the office "because he was lonely during the day." When daughter moved back out, Chester needed to stay because "he was happier here." We now have two cats
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

5 members found this post helpful.