The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Motorola Razr, it's a little bigger than I like once it's in an Otterbox but I like the reception (Verizon) and although it seems to eat batteries for breakfast, overall it's ok. If I still traveled a lot for work the battery issue would sucketh.
    I've had much the same experience. Playing a game on it will kill the battery in under 2 hours. It has a decent camera and a larger screen that I like. I had an iPhone previously and I like my Android better.
    You are what you dare.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    Sense is the UI that HTC phones use--not the name of a specific device
    I am not that technologically educated...lol. All I know is you said HTC was best and it was the one I could get from T-Mo that would do the things I wanted. :-)
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Quote Originally Posted by mroades View Post
    I am not that technologically educated...lol. All I know is you said HTC was best and it was the one I could get from T-Mo that would do the things I wanted. :-)
    LOL...well done Perhaps the Sensation?

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

LOL...well done Perhaps the Sensation?
    Yes, that one!!!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I have a Pantech Breakout and it's crap. Basically I like the android software but the phone as a whole sucks. When my contract is up I'm thinking of switching to an iphone.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by evntr5218 View Post
    I just got a Samsung Galaxy and so far I am pretty happy with it but wanted to hear what everyone though of theirs.
    I have the older one not the galxay 3 what ever which one do you have? I have had mine for nearly 3yrs and have no problem with it. BUT I admit I am not very tech. inclined so hardly do much with it.. I only learned how to use the cmera last week...
    I amvery happy wit it though it does what I want and then some. which Im still learning
    Friend of bar .ka

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Had a Galaxy. It was not a good experience.

It's battery life approximated that of a snowball in Atlanta on a July afternoon.

It had a terrible reception problem. My wife had a Droid and we could sit side-by-side in the car traveling and she would get three bars and usable 3g and I'd get nothing.

The speaker ring-tone volume was terrible. I missed multiple phone calls because I could not hear the ringer in places like Walmart, the local mall, a crowded room, etc.

After six months of Verizon not being able to fix it I swapped it for a Razr. I'm much more satisfied all 'round.

G.
    I have had the same experiences, to a T!
    I have the Droid Incredible 2, and the battery is HORRIBLE. Even when it was brand new, I would charge it overnight, unplug in the morning, send 1 text message, and the battery would go down 1 bar! That's ridiculous!

As soon as my contract is up, I'm not getting another Droid!
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

1 members found this post helpful.

I had a Galaxy S and just upgraded to the Galaxy S III a couple of weeks ago. So far, no complaints with either
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

I have the HTC1...love it.

What is an App Killer and why do I need it?

NJR
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

I have an HTC Evo that I've had for almost two years. It's the best cell phone I've ever had.

My best friend had the exact same phone. She accidentally dropped it in a water trough in the middle of winter and had to dump the whole trough over to retreive it. She took apart the whole phone to dry out overnight. She put it back together the next morning and it worked. She eventually had to replace it because it did do some minor damage to it but she had it for another couple months before she replaced it.

I've considered getting a Samsung Galaxy III when I upgrade in March but I haven't decided yet. I may just buy a new battery for my EVO and wait until something comes out that I really like. But I will only ever buy Droid phones from now on.

I have a Galaxy S3 and HATE it.

First one, the camera didn't work. The first day.

Second one, the reception SUCKED (Guliherme and I have had the same experiences), so they replaced the SIM card. Still Sucked.

Third one I have now, and it still is awful. Reception is terrible, DH has a Razor Maxx and he can talk when I can't... in the same car. I had it in Argentina (but hey, couldn't ACTUALLY use it because the Jelly Bean update is still pending...) and it kept freezing while using wi-fi... nobody else's did.

I am thinking of taking my grandmother's update and getting an iPhone. And I have been a die-hard Droid user (HTC Eris, Droid X, Thunderbolt, S3).

Had a Samsung Galaxy S2 for a few years and just got a refurbished Galaxy S3 for $49.00. I love it. As my techie son says, one piece of equipment for everything. I use it as telephone, still camera, video camera, GPS, email, Pandora, internet, white noise sleep apps, store my music on it, read books on it, listen to books on it, etc. So many free apps. I love Google Sky Map, btw, for looking at the stars and planets.

Was doing a day trip with friends last weekend and they decided to add in another location while we were on the road. Kept trying to find it on their Garmin and it wasn't found. Typed it in my Navigation app and it took us straight there.

I have a Samsung Droid Charge.

It's ok, but I'd prefer something with a slide-out keyboard.

I think the phone reception sounds tinny.

Usually I have good connectivity, thanks Verizon, but my current work desk is in a real dead zone.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

HTC Incredible here. I really like it - do not have an issue with its battery life, although I keep it plugged here at work. Does NOT like to be left out in the cold - THAT sucks the batteries, but that's true of all batteries.

Don't use half of what it's capable of; qualified for upgrade this week and may go to RAZR M - as my office mate has FoxFi, a FREE 'hotspot' - would save $20/mo on my Verizon bill.

Carol
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

I have the samsung galaxy s and I like it

HTC Vivid is what I got. First smartphone that I actually bought! Had to borrow my moms old iphone3 after my "dumbphone" broke on me and I couldnt upgrade. I rarely used it ever. Hated it so much. I was hesitant about going smart but I picked out my droid and I am so happy I did!!! (yes, 20 years old and had to debate a smartphone!!)

Mine is small enough, thin and light. Has a decent camera on it so I get some pretty nice pictures. Has Beats audio booster built in which is nice for in my car! Battery life could be better but there isnt much you can do about that. Batteries cant really get any better. Just have to design more energy efficient parts. I can typically have it charged for a whole day unless I do a lot of web browsing or games then I get about a half day.... I just keep a charger around! A lot of people have a microUSB charger now a days anyway.

I love the software! So easy and customizable! I got lots of horsey stuff on it (Including a zebra widget that shows battery life by how many stripes it has! haha love it!) Mine has IceCream Sandwich (4.0.3)
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

As a former manager of a Radioshack, I will say I believe the the Android OS is still just a little too new. It has to work on too many different manufacturer's phones and functions differently on all of them. Maybe in a couple more years it will be more reliable.

I've personally had one Android, my husband has had two and we are both switching away from them for our next upgrade. The amount of Droid phone issues I had to deal with at work was insane. Yes, the phones can do amazing things - when they work properly - but IMO they aren't worth the trouble when you really need the phone to function in an emergency or for running a business (which we do).

There are simply still too many glitches in the system for the Droid phones to be reliable enough. If you do choose a Droid though, make sure to at least pick one from a reliable manufacturer (Motorola, HTC, Samsung).

I have the Galaxy Stellar.

I traded my iPhone 5 for a Galaxy S3. BIG mistake. The reception sucks and it's consistently glitchy. It can do more "techy" stuff than my iPhone could but all of that is useless if I can't make a call from my apartment.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

NBChoice, all of those files should be stored on your microSD card, and you can back that up to your computer. My guess is that your phone is having trouble recognizing the card or it is not seated securely, which is causing the intermittent "disappearance" of those files. They're still there, but your phone isn't seeing them for some reason.

If the card is seated properly and you still can't access them, you can buy a microSD to regular SD adapter which will enable you to pop the card into almost any laptop so you can retrieve them, or you can pop the microSD card into a different phone and hook that phone up to your computer to get them.

I automatically have all my files on my phone back up to my drop box folder, which means that I will still have all that stuff even if I lose my phone completely. It's easy to set up--just sign up for dropbox on their website and then download the dropbox app from the play store.
    Just now realized that you said this.
    All the files are still on my micro SD, it's just a pain when they don't show up on my phone when I may want to show someone a picture or something. They are all backed up on my computer and on my external hard drive, and on my carbonite. (I'm a little obsessed with making sure I don't lose all my stuff... )

I can't wait until I have an upgrade. My phone has been giving me more problems lately than ever. It's so slow, half the time my apps won't even open and when they do open it takes at least a minute... whenever I text the words don't show up for about 20 seconds. It's just a pain in the butt. Seems like my phone never wants to do what I want it to do lol.

Who has an I-phone? What do you think about it? Any major problems? I'm thinking of getting one of those next...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding