The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

And wouldn't a pony mom want to spread the word about the dangers of those "joint injections" to prevent it from happening to other ponies?? Especially a pony mom that just hosted a contest to give a little girl a chance to fulfill her pony dreams in the horse show world??

Sigh....I really thought the confession to the PA police about accidentally putting down her pony would hold some weight at the USEF hearing.

Poor Humble.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CHT View Post
    Should the USEF have the power to have confiscated the body and do its own tests? Should members pay for this?
    No, I don't think so. But they should have the power to deny membership to members who don't cooperate in hearings. IMHO.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

9 members found this post helpful.

I don't believe it's the USEF saying there was lack of cooperation. After all, they ruled in favor of that side. This article clearly comes from someone without a great deal of knowledge regarding USEF rules or medications. It's not an official statement.

Quote Originally Posted by CBoylen View Post
    I don't believe it's the USEF saying there was lack of cooperation. After all, they ruled in favor of that side. This article clearly comes from someone without a great deal of knowledge regarding USEF rules or medications. It's not an official statement.
    This is fair. I am taking at face value the representation that the USEF asked for the full necropsy/blood test results and was only given a portion because Mandarino refused to provide the rest of the requested information. I have no way of knowing if that is a true recitation of the events, but I am assuming for the sake of argument that it is.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Limerick, just because she admitted to the police that she "killed" the horse doesn't mean she did it intentionally. As another poster here mentioned, any time you give a horse an IV injection things can and do go terribly wrong. I honestly don't know much about this seedy side of showing so I'm more than naive on the subject but a friend who shows ponies has told me this type of thing (injections to make horses/ponies better performers) are more than commonplace...

I've been told of some shows I've never attended where vets are there full time to inject whatever you want, basically. Apparently it's quite profitable.

I can't imagine insurance paying out, though. I believe my policy requires permission before putting my horse down for an incurable problem.... much less accidentally doing it, supposedly for hocks.

Even for a completely legit case I can imagine being completely horrified. Perhaps even more for a completely legit case, as if you're doing nothing wrong and completely trying to be moral and do the best for the horse it would feel absolutely devastating.

I wonder if the USEF will soon have a rule declaring necropsy result turnover required to avoid suspension for horse deaths on show grounds in the future. While I could understand that, as a member of a religion which doesn't usually do autopsies (or embalming) for humans, a necropsy for a horse turns my stomach and isn't something I would want to have to order should the worst ever happen.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

IF Ms. Mandarino did indeed withhold evidence, that should be an AUTOMATIC suspension. IF USEF did not rule on the other counts, then they should be held accountable. I'm really pissed off about this - and you know how I get!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

2 members found this post helpful.

As COTH has been made aware, and wishes to ignore in relation to their press release, and for the record, the USEF had full access to the necropsy and toxicology which cleared my name before the temporary suspension was lifted and I provided evidence above and beyond what was required by the USEF. Beyond this, I can not comment as Amber Hill Farm LLC has filed both administrative and civil complaints, some of which are pending and some of which are to be filed.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

It appears The Chronicle has reprinted a press release issued by USEF, in which USEF quotes the findings of its Hearing Committee. Accordingly, I would not characterize the USEF publication as "their press release."

http://www.usefnetwork.com/news/9350...mandarino.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    As COTH has been made aware, and wishes to ignore in relation to their press release, and for the record, the USEF had full access to the necropsy and toxicology which cleared my name before the temporary suspension was lifted and I provided evidence above and beyond what was required by the USEF. Beyond this, I can not comment as Amber Hill Farm LLC has filed both administrative and civil complaints, some of which are pending and some of which are to be filed.
    Good of you to let us know.

Thanks

Why don't you provide us links to those documents in full so we can draw our own conclusions? Press releases never give all of the information.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

Why would anyone let their child train with this trainer given their sordid reputation and association with more than one pony death?

Yep, I'll see how long my post is allowed to stay.

RIP Humble. Poor pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

5 members found this post helpful.

Based on the kinds of things that Mandarino herself has posted here, does anyone expect any different?

This has become more than ridiculous. What parent would want to send their child to train in a program that has had so much bad press?

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bayboys View Post
    Why don't you provide us links to those documents in full so we can draw our own conclusions? Press releases never give all of the information.
    Because quite frankly, my daughter and I have been eviscerated on the internet and we do not owe anonymous posters unfettered access to our personal life. It is time for the pony we loved dearly and lost, to rest in peace and for my daughter to heal emotionally from all the false, malicious, unsupported and speculative postings.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

2 members found this post helpful.

Please don't bring your daughter into this. No one else has.
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

7 members found this post helpful.

Because quite frankly, my daughter and I have been eviscerated on the internet and we do not owe anonymous posters unfettered access to our personal life. It is time for the pony we loved dearly and lost, to rest in peace and for my daughter to heal emotionally from all the false, malicious, unsupported and speculative postings.

Have never seen your daughter's name associated with this pony's death and subsequent lawsuit and charges. In fact, have read positive things about her and good wishes for a better future for her. Please leave her out of it.

5 members found this post helpful.

Just want to clarify:

Depo MEDROL = depo methylprednisolone

Depo PROVERA = depo medroxyprogesterone

Depo Medrol is a corticosteroid. Depo Provera is a progesterone (gender hormone).

I still think this boils down to no way to test for mag but what do I know...

7 members found this post helpful.

You wrote in your earlier post that COTH was ignoring information regarding the necropsy and toxicology that was provided to the USEF before this hearing. I am merely suggesting that you provide that information here, since your complaint is that it was ignored. How do you expect us to have an informed opinion without full access to the facts? It is lack of facts that leads to speculation.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

4 members found this post helpful.