The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Am I reading the information correctly? It says that she did NOT turn over the complete necropsy report?
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

Just saw this looks like she is suing the people that are protesting to USEF. Who is this attorney? http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/u...dismissal.aspx

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

[QUOTE=Barn Diva;6666157]Just saw this looks like she is suing the people that are protesting to USEF. Who is this attorney? http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/u...dismissal.aspx[/QUOTE
    Oh Just freeking lovely , The USEF needs to step up here and protect the person who lodged the protest. They witnessed a pony dropping dead immediately following an injection by a trainer , whether by accident or on purpose it does not matter . This incident needed to be investigated and since the USEF on it's own will not investigate ANYTHING unless a protest is filed . tell me , what recourse is there now. OK everyone do what ever the hell you want, it's OK, no ones going to do a thing .. because NO ONE will file a protest any longer, the precident is now set . you will be sued, it will cost you a $hit ton to do the right thing. I seriously want to puke now.

Last I checked; if you suspect something is very wrong or witness something that is very wrong than you have the absolute right to file a protest (on your own dime!). The fact that she is suing the people who filed the protests IS disgusting and WRONG and should not be tolerated. No one is ever going to step forward for the better of this sport if this is how it's going to play out: USEF failing to take action on anything AND then the protest filer getting a law suit thrown in their face.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    Am I reading the information correctly? It says that she did NOT turn over the complete necropsy report?
    No, she turned one over to USEF. The protester was not provided a copy, no requirement exsists to do so, and therefore has no way to prove any wrongdoing. As discussed earlier, there are several things that could have been injected that won't show up or if they do, are not forbidden substances so it looks like nothing was against any rules USEF can enforce.

Do not in any way take this as any kind of a defense for this person and their inexcusable actions. This may have been an accident but her conduct since has been reprehensible and is getting worse.

Have to say, she never has had alot of fans amongst the Pony folks...and she has even fewer now.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

2 members found this post helpful.

This whole thing really makes me sick to my stomach.

My guess is we can yell and scream and protest all day long, but the only thing that really "talks" is money. As in, a mass exodus of membership and show attendance. But we all know that will never happen, will it?

You know, we have a 10 trillion post, on-going thread about Big Licks on here but if I were "them" looking back at "us" (the H/J community) I would be saying

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones...
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

By MIKEMCS: Oh Just freeking lovely , The USEF needs to step up here and protect the person who lodged the protest. They witnessed a pony dropping dead immediately following an injection by a trainer , whether by accident or on purpose it does not matter . This incident needed to be investigated and since the USEF on it's own will not investigate ANYTHING unless a protest is filed . tell me , what recourse is there now. OK everyone do what ever the hell you want, it's OK, no ones going to do a thing .. because NO ONE will file a protest any longer, the precident is now set . you will be sued, it will cost you a $hit ton to do the right thing. I seriously want to puke now.[/QUOTE]

The odd thing is that the heading on that USEF document is "[Protester] vs. Elizabeth Mandarino." IMO, this isn't between them at all, it's between Mandarino and the USEF. The person who filed the protest is incidental to the alleged infraction.

And I'm not sure why the USEF released this document to anyone if it wishes to grant protesters anonymity.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

Did USEF release the name or did the lawyer representing Ms Mandarino?

I read it on here and the ratemyhorsepro synopsis which quoted the lawyer. Didn't see the name in the USEF released statement...unless I missed something. It would now be public record via the Mandarino initiated defamation lawsuit but that is a civil matter.

Defamation of character? That's a good one....

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Defamation of character? That's a good one....
    If it's any consolation, I think she'll lose. That's true unless the protester has a longer history of tweaking Mandarino's nose than this action.

I do think someone accused should get to know who did the protesting. After all, you wouldn't want a USEF protest to be made into a weapon of harassment, right?

In this case, pony-dead-on-show-grounds looks invites suspicion of foul play. It should surprise no one that an eye-witness filed a protest, so the burden of proof with respect to "defamation of character" has to be on Mandarino, I'd think. And, IMO, being found innocent of a USEF infraction isn't enough to prove that, with dead pony stinkin' up the place, the protester was gratuitously out soley to mess up Mandarino's rep.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I sure hope the judge gives Mandarino a good slapping for dragging this protestor over the coals like this.

[QUOTE=mvp;6667121]
    ...the protester was gratuitously out soley to mess up Mandarino's rep...
    [QUOTE]

No, nobody has to go to any great lengths to "mess up" her reputation. She's done an excellent job of that all by herself. Not just over this. Remember the outcome of the contest last year she had alot of folks helping her with that did not really know her...but found out the hard way?Various trainwrecks on here over the years with name calling and accusations where she named the names or dropped hard to miss hints?

Nah, she really does not need any help on that one.

3 members found this post helpful.

The sad truth of this is: This woman can now go back to "training " ponies with a clear conscious because the USEF has said by their actions , she has done no wrong. So, will she continue to inject ponies with the knowledge that she may cause a pony to die , or does she believe that she was not the cause, had nothing to do with it , and did nothing wrong because the USEF has said so . Maybe it's just up to her now, to ask herself , am I doing more harm than good ?

Didn't the protest as originally filed also allege a violation of the USEF Sportsman's Charter? Did USEF ever address that? If not, what a pity - b/c really, Dead Pony After Injection At USEF Horse Show does NOT look good for anybody, including and specifically USEF.
    Last edited by War Admiral; Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spellz
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Quote Originally Posted by MIKES MCS View Post
    The sad truth of this is: This woman can now go back to "training " ponies with a clear conscious because the USEF has said by their actions , she has done no wrong. So, will she continue to inject ponies with the knowledge that she may cause a pony to die , or does she believe that she was not the cause, had nothing to do with it , and did nothing wrong because the USEF has said so . Maybe it's just up to her now, to ask herself , am I doing more harm than good ?
    And all the other trainers using "won't test" this-n-that who were watching will breathe a sigh of relief and be able to keep on doing what they are doing, too. It's bigger than one pony trainer almost caught with her pants down.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Suspended trainers usually continue to train at home and send to shows with somebody else-USEF cannot stop them from doing business, only keep them off USEF showgrounds during USEF shows.

However that would require clients who think suspended trainer is a good trainer and basically good, trustworthy person...those were pretty scarce before this incident and would be even less available now.

MVP wrote "It's bigger than one pony trainer almost caught with her pants down".

Yes it is, the implications of the USEFs decision are far reaching ...If they can't or won't protect the animals who participate in their sanctioned events then what good is the thousands of pages of rule book? If people can't be protected from prosecution from legitimate protests then we have a total failure of a governing body . If the USEF itself does not come to the defense of the protester then the USEF's credibility is at issue. They CAN do something, it is only a matter of will they.

5 members found this post helpful.