The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mercedespony View Post
    AMC here replays last week's episode at 8 pm, before playing the new episode at 9 pm. I re-watch every Sunday night, just to refresh my memory and get into the zombie mood.
    Yeah, I just didn't want to have to wait a whole week :P. But I will.

First, Carl is going to need serious therapy. He offed Shane and his mother (at least we think he did). After last night's episode, I need therapy! I cried a bit as Lori said goodbye...but once Rick started sobbing, I lost it. So sad!

They've wandered quite a bit from the comic books, but I'm interested to see how they keep developing The Governor. What a jerk he is...but I'm SURE he'd be an awesome role to play.

I'm wondering who finds all the dead soldiers and what the fallout is when that happens! I was very upset over the deaths last night...they keep losing people!
    For things to do in Loudoun County, visit: www.365thingstodoloudoun.com

Thanks for the clarification on Andrew. I thought it was him but then it was like "didn't he die??"

The Governor creeps me out. On the talking dead, they described him as a good guy who was trying to hold it together to protect his people and do what he has to do, but man, slaughtering all those soldiers was cold. I figured he didn't want to tell his name because he was some kind of cold-blooded criminal in the past. And it seemed dumb to kill the helicopter pilot; who knows, those skills might come in handy.

I hope more will be revealed about the relationship between the Governor's city and the soldiers' compound which was overrun by zombies. The implication is that the two "cities" were competing against each other, because that ambush sure didn't speak of brotherhood and cooperation.

And yeah, when Rick lost it over Lori, that was pretty intense. I teared up too. I think Carl did what he had to do, and dispatched Lori before she turned.

Does anyone know of any pictures floating around? I don't get to watch to much TV, but I would love to see pics of my town. A friend of mine was actually PAID not to mow his lawn, and to let them board up the windows of their house during filming days. The town hall prop is cool too - it's made from these thick foam bricks. It looks totally real from the front, but is just a chain length fence from teh back.

go to amc.com, they probably have something there

Yeah, if his motives are to protect his people, it seems stupid to off those soldiers. After all, that's the skill set he really needs TO protect his people, and they weren't non-motivated - if they saved them they would be happy to help, one would think. It's been a while since I've read the graphic novels, though.

Anybody who sits sipping a drink and watching zombie heads in fish tanks ain't playin' with a full deck.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    Anybody who sits sipping a drink and watching zombie heads in fish tanks ain't playin' with a full deck.
    Truth!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    Best episode of the past couple seasons for sure. Still doesn't hold a candle to the pilot, but I'm so glad they aren't dragging this season out with stupid plot lines.

I knew about Lori from the comics and I'm glad she's gone. Her character irritated me, lol. T-dog was sad though. A totally unappreciated and underdeveloped character that always seemed expendable though. Still made me sad because he was like able.

And ok but I totally don't remember the kid who was sending off the alarms from the group of prisoners found in the cafeteria? I thought the one punk kid in that group was chased into the courtyard and eaten. Or was he just supposed to be some other surviving prisoner we didn't know about?
    I did not like Lori....Rick deserves better (yes, I have a crush on that character). Wasn't a fan of Carol either.

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    Yeah, no way is he a good guy. There's some serious chemistry going on with him and blondie, though. Is anyone else bothered by the massive makeip and hairstyling of blonide?

I was kind of OK until she comes out crying with the baby and Rick lost it. I wish they'd offed Carl. I hate stupid kids. It was kind of interesting that they never really showed Lori dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dalpal View Post
    I did not like Lori....Rick deserves better (yes, I have a crush on that character). Wasn't a fan of Carol either.
    Lori and Carl both made/make me nutz. Carl should have fallen victim to the walkers a LONG time ago as stupid as he is. And Lori? She was so whiney I wanted to slap her.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmoody View Post
    I missed the episode last night - whaaaa! (I don't care if you talk about it - I kind of know what happens anyway thanks to my sister spoiling it for me ). But is there any way to watch it online? AMC doesn't have the option on their site and I don't do torrents anymore after some virus issues.
    You can watch it for free here http://www.zzstream.org/2012/11/the-...episode-4.html
    I use this website all the time to catch up on shows and have never gotten any viruses. I actually missed it airing on tv because I didn't get back from a horse show til 1am last night. And let me just say Michonne is such a badass!

Quote Originally Posted by saitou_amaya View Post
    You can watch it for free here http://www.zzstream.org/2012/11/the-...episode-4.html
    I use this website all the time to catch up on shows and have never gotten any viruses. I actually missed it airing on tv because I didn't get back from a horse show til 1am last night. And let me just say Michonne is such a badass!
    I love Michonne. She stalks around with a black look on her face all the time. I'd not want to meet up with HER in a dark alley and a bad mood!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPie View Post
    The Governor creeps me out. On the talking dead, they described him as a good guy who was trying to hold it together to protect his people and do what he has to do, but man, slaughtering all those soldiers was cold. I figured he didn't want to tell his name because he was some kind of cold-blooded criminal in the past. And it seemed dumb to kill the helicopter pilot; who knows, those skills might come in handy.

I hope more will be revealed about the relationship between the Governor's city and the soldiers' compound which was overrun by zombies. The implication is that the two "cities" were competing against each other, because that ambush sure didn't speak of brotherhood and cooperation.

And yeah, when Rick lost it over Lori, that was pretty intense. I teared up too. I think Carl did what he had to do, and dispatched Lori before she turned.
    Seems to me that the Governor just doesn't want any competition in terms of authority, and if you're rebuilding society you needs lots of women, fewer men. The military guys were a threat to his society because they would have questioned him-- their supplies were more valuable than their lives.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Yeah, but what about the heads in the tank?? That's not just wanting competition. There's something seriously wrong with that. And the tea. WHAT is up with the tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Yeah, but what about the heads in the tank?? That's not just wanting competition. There's something seriously wrong with that. And the tea. WHAT is up with the tea?
    He's also more than a little whacked. Him and his scientist friend are clearly doing experiments on the zombies. Maybe trying to find the key to reverse the disease or prevent new people from being born with the virus? Heads make nice trophies too
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Seems to me that the Governor just doesn't want any competition in terms of authority, and if you're rebuilding society you needs lots of women, fewer men. The military guys were a threat to his society because they would have questioned him-- their supplies were more valuable than their lives.
    As sickening as it is, I believe this is spot on.
    For those of you wondering about the Governor's background, as I was, I read part of this online from the graphic novel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...f_the_Governor

What do you mean about the tea??? Did I miss something? It looked to me like he's drinking liquor for the most part, though I remember one episode where they had tea...did I miss the significance of that?

I think Andrea should stay with him, they can adopt Carl and be one big happy messed up family.
    Last edited by 1sock; Nov. 5, 2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling error
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

It would be awful if Lori turns up as a walker. I do think she is legitimately dead (as you can be in zombie apocalypse), though - I don't think the survival rate of being cut open w/o any fluids or ways to control the blood is particularly high...

I like Carol, and hope she made it. I wouldn't mind seeing Andrea go, though...she's been annoying me since the early second season!

I still want to know why The Gov has a room full of zombie heads. ETA: LOL, that's what I get for not noticing the second page. My bad.