The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Online stalker...No, I do not want to buy your horse, thank you very much ... VENT

I have a sale barn and advertise some of my client's horses on Facebook, Bigeq, dreamhorse, warmbloods-for-sale ...
    I have been receiving a bunch of messages from a person that I do not know in the 1st place trying to advertise her horse for sale.

At 1st I took the time to answer nicely but now it is starting to get on my nerves.

Is it common practice ?

Anybody else has been harrassed by sellers when they are not even looking for a horse?

I have had people I don't know at all advertising some of my horses for sale on their website
    I have had trainers using pictures and videos of me to market their horses after I went to try their horses for some of my clients. Of course, nobody ever asked me.

I have had people using my name in an ad to sell their horse after they had owned it for 9 years (not so sure, the training I put is relevant after 9 years...).

But it is the first time that I get people sending me ads of horses for sale in response to ads of horses for sale.

Vent over

Yes I've received stupid ads from people in response to ads on public sites.

It's called spamming and you report it to the host site as spam.

I would reply telling them you'd be happy to help market their horses, give them a list of your rates, the amount of commission you'd expect, etc, and ask for their address so you can send them a bill up front!
    The rebel in the grey shirt