The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    It wasn't just the word I had an issue with, it was the characterization of her argument (which showed he didn't pay the slightest attention to what she actually said) that I had a big issue with.

    As for the word itself, it's not like he just let it slip in there either. He didn't just say she was a slut, he went on in pretty detailed fashion saying she was having sex for money, and what do we call those women? And she's having "so much sex she needs lots of birth control" (how did this man survive into adulthood with so little idea of how things work?)
    Gee, Bill Clinton had sexual relations with many woman, sometimes even against their will....Gasp! Yet, the left had no problem with that... a bit hypocritical???


    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    You're right, of course. Imus. Geez, so many right-wingers, yet the same views.

    Yeah, and MSNBC dropped him for saying it. Again, consequences for being a racist pig saying crap.

    And of course, who picked him up? Fox Business.

    Lets not forget Letterman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_QVzYAWkKo The nice joke about Alex Rodriguez knocking up Sarah Palin's daughter in the 7th inning...
    Last edited by Huntertwo; Nov. 5, 2012 at 07:32 PM.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Rush Limbaugh speaks at republican events. Letterman and Mahrer do not speak at democratic events and are not speakers for the party.

    It is sad that republicans will not speak against Limbaugh, all they seem to do is prattle on about democrats and never address the hate speak coming from a bloated, pig of a man.

    Edit: Oh, my little stalker is there. Everywhere I post....too cute.
    Last edited by stolen virtue; Nov. 5, 2012 at 07:48 PM.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Rush Limbaugh speaks at republican events. Letterman and Mahrer do not speak at democratic events and are not speakers for the party.

    It is sad that republicans will not speak against Limbaugh, all they seem to do is prattle on about democrats and never address the hate speak coming from a bloated, pig of a man.
    "Bloated, pig of a man" ?? Hate much?

    It doesn't matter if someone speaks for a political party or on TV seen by millions of people. And yes, Maher and Letterman are speakers for the Democratic party. All of their nastiness is toward woman on the right. Yes or no? Did Maher call Streisand a #unt?

    Did Letterman say that one of obama's daughters were knocked up by Alex Rodriguez in the 7th inning? NO!

    Was Rush out of line for calling any woman a slut? YES. Difference is, I can admit it. Unlike others, who defend men like Letterman and Maher with excuses.



  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    "Bloated, pig of a man" ?? Hate much?

    It doesn't matter if someone speaks for a political party or on TV seen by millions of people. And yes, Maher and Letterman are speakers for the Democratic Party
    No, Maher and Letterman do NOT speak for the democratic party, because they are not PAID by the democratic party. That is how it works, someone making a political joke does NOT speak for a political party. Limbaugh spoke at the 2009 CPAC (Conservative Political Action Committee) he was paid by the republican PAC to speak at their convention because he represents their values. Futhermore, let me explain what a PAC does. It raises money for their candidates and the CPAC raises money for the republians.

    That is why Limbaugh speaks for the republican party. Not the same as comics who tell political jokes.

    And your "hate much" comment, yes I do hate men who routinelypublically disparage women and actually make a profit off it. And I find those that listen to his hate speak sad.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Letterman is an Independent. I don't like Maher very much. I don't listen to Ed or Stern.

    I dislike people that yell and foam at the mouth. I think Rush is a pig. A hypocrite of the highest order. He's an entertainer/newsman for the uneducated. If you know he's just an entertainer, fine, but that is not who he caters to, his target audience is the uneducated that will believe anything and rely on cherry picked sound bites for their news.

    Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert OTOH are comedic satirist's, using real events to mock anyone and everyone. Love them like The Onion.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan. 27, 2002
    Location
    new england,,usa
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Letterman is an Independent. I don't like Maher very much. I don't listen to Ed or Stern.

    I dislike people that yell and foam at the mouth. I think Rush is a pig. A hypocrite of the highest order. He's an entertainer/newsman for the uneducated. If you know he's just an entertainer, fine, but that is not who he caters to, his target audience is the uneducated that will believe anything and rely on cherry picked sound bites for their news.

    Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert OTOH are comedic satirist's, using real events to mock anyone and everyone. Love them like The Onion.

    really HUGE distinction,isn't it?
    where's a moderate old fashioned repub to turn?


    3 members found this post helpful.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul. 3, 2012
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    I like Rush. He gives me another perspective to consider. I don't always agree with him but I like having another side of things to think about.

    I listen to all sides before making up my mind.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct. 1, 2004
    Location
    Magnolia, TX
    Posts
    5,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post
    I like Rush. He gives me another perspective to consider. I don't always agree with him but I like having another side of things to think about.

    I listen to all sides before making up my mind.
    I'm only quoting this because someone thumbed it down. I find it funny as hell that "I listen to all sides..." gets a boo. You're obviously not supposed to review all the info out there before making a decision.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it." - Agent K, MIB


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct. 1, 2004
    Location
    Magnolia, TX
    Posts
    5,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALLIGORY View Post
    I'm seriously wondering how many people find his news valid and credible ?
    His news? What news would that be? He reads news items taken right out of the media for the purpose of discussion. He's not a reporter. The title "talk show host" means just that. They take callers and talk, opining freely about this and that.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it." - Agent K, MIB


    3 members found this post helpful.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct. 5, 2008
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    It wasn't just the word I had an issue with, it was the characterization of her argument (which showed he didn't pay the slightest attention to what she actually said) that I had a big issue with.

    As for the word itself, it's not like he just let it slip in there either. He didn't just say she was a slut, he went on in pretty detailed fashion saying she was having sex for money, and what do we call those women? And she's having "so much sex she needs lots of birth control" (how did this man survive into adulthood with so little idea of how things work?)
    Yep. And then he said since the public was paying for birth control for women who have so much sex they need free birth control the public should get something back. The women should videotape their sex acts and post them online so the public could watch. That's the creepiest thing I've ever heard from a public figure. Only a pervert would say much less think that. God forbid viagra isn't covered by insurance, though. He's not a news guy he's a commentator catering to likeminded people. I don't mean republicans, I mean Rush-likeminded people. They're their own breed.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct. 5, 2008
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    Gee, Bill Clinton had sexual relations with many woman, sometimes even against their will....Gasp! Yet, the left had no problem with that... a bit hypocritical???
    Isn't this thread about Rush? You're not not answering the person you quoted you deflected. talk about the statements you quote, don't just change the subject.

    Do you think it's OK that Rush called her a slut? (yes/no) Do you think women who get birth control covered by insurance should put their sex acts online so Rush and the public can watch just like Rush suggested? (yes/no)Do you think this suggestion was creepy to think much less to say to the public (yes/no)? Do you think that ALL women who take birth control do it because they're having so much sex they don't feel like paying for it themselves? (yes/no) Did you think he was funny? (yes/no) Would love it if you said you agreed with Rush's comments or not rather than change the subject.



  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Yep. And then he said since the public was paying for birth control for women who have so much sex they need free birth control the public should get something back. The women should videotape their sex acts and post them online so the public could watch. That's the creepiest thing I've ever heard from a public figure. Only a pervert would say much less think that. God forbid viagra isn't covered by insurance, though. He's not a news guy he's a commentator catering to likeminded people. I don't mean republicans, I mean Rush-likeminded people. They're their own breed.
    Gotta love the "news" according to Limbaugh.....



Similar Threads

  1. The Adrenalin Rush...
    By K~2 in forum Racing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul. 13, 2012, 11:19 PM
  2. AGT fans.. Howard Stern as new judge!
    By pal-o-mino in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May. 14, 2012, 11:03 PM
  3. JOCK documentary
    By Dahoss in forum Racing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct. 11, 2011, 02:45 AM
  4. Help with getting my horse to relax and not rush jumps
    By CuteArabHunter in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May. 29, 2011, 08:52 PM
  5. Rush Creek minerals why should I feed them?
    By Eventer55 in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan. 9, 2011, 07:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness