The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am not a fan. I think he is a huge hypocrite.

That said, I used to listen to his show. Many of the things that he said was misconstrued by others. He would say something and then he would follow up with, now watch tomorrow they are going to say that I said this (thing out of context). Sure enough, it always happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    Similar to Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert??? Scary that many people take a comedian's word for the truth.

Rush talks about the news that is occuring. Doesn't make up crap like BSNBC.
    Just like FOX News... The left doesn't like Rush or FOX because they reveal the truth and don't cover up for the Messiah.
    HUGE difference. Limbaugh says his things are facts. When he goes way too far and gets caught he cries the "entertainment" card.

Stewart & Colbert have never pretended to be other than comedians. Totally different than Limbaugh.

The other huge difference is that Stewart and Colbert mock everybody based on facts. Their statements are true. They just make huge fun of whomever said them.

Limbaugh says things that simply are not true. I know this because I listen to his show.

Howard Stern - haven't listened to him in years & years.

I don't think anyone under 40 listens to or believes Limbaugh. Unless his callers are all fakes (I don't think they are), his callers don't think he's "entertainment," they believe him.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Funny, I could have picked out every poster who was a Limbaugh follower. I just cannot comprehend how someone can refer to Limbaugh as speaking the truth, "women who need birth control are whores". ...

George Will is right in that the GOP ran off a cliff.
    And women who use birth control "are sluts and prostitutes." Don't forget that Limbaugh believes that African-American university women who play basketball are nothing but "nappy-headed ho's."

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    I won't comment on Sandra Fluke or Rush's statements about her (which he apologized for) but so far as "college student", yes, but she's in her 30's, attending a catholic school....on scholarship.....and bitching because the health insurance they provide for her FREE doesn't include birth control pills. Give me a break.

You might want to go back and review what she testified about.

A lot of people think they know, but apparently they only know the review Rush (and the like) gave of her testimony.

She actually talked quite a bit about medical uses for birth control pills, and the need for them beyond "to let her have so much sex" (to paraphrase rushie)
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Fox News lies so much it fuels an entire website: http://foxnewslies.net/

Even Geraldo Rivera says Fox News lies: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...ghazi-coverage

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...by-News-Corpse

And here's Jon Stewart again. You may not like him, but what he says here is factual whether you like him or not: http://www.alternet.org/election-201...se-intolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    And women who use birth control "are sluts and prostitutes." Don't forget that Limbaugh believes that African-American university women who play basketball are nothing but "nappy-headed ho's."
    Sorry, but I believe that was said by Imus.

1 members found this post helpful.

Don't forget that Limbaugh believes that African-American university women who play basketball are nothing but "nappy-headed ho's."
    Opps! Anne that was Don Imus on the over the edge left-leaning MSNBC.

You're right, of course. Imus. Geez, so many right-wingers, yet the same views.

Yeah, and MSNBC dropped him for saying it. Again, consequences for being a racist pig saying crap.

And of course, who picked him up? Fox Business.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    So that justifies him calling her a slut?
    No, using a locker room word lowered him momentarily.

The difference is she wasn't a random 19 year old college co-ed on walking in a snow storm on campus to an Eng Lit class, when a microphone attached to a national news outlet was shoved in her face asking her opinion on the issue.

The committee wanted her message to heard so they gave her a platform to air it. Rush shouldn't have used a locker room word to make his point.

Fox News. Ever see that cartoon of a Fox News Helicopter with the big slogan on the side: "Fox News. Not Racist, but #1 with Racists." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY04gIruZ4E

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    No, using a locker room word lowered him momentarily.

The difference is she wasn't a random 19 year old college co-ed on walking in a snow storm on campus to an Eng Lit class, when a microphone attached to a national news outlet was shoved in her face asking her opinion on the issue.

The committee wanted her message to heard so they gave her a platform to air it. Rush shouldn't have used a locker room word to make his point.
    It wasn't just the word I had an issue with, it was the characterization of her argument (which showed he didn't pay the slightest attention to what she actually said) that I had a big issue with.

As for the word itself, it's not like he just let it slip in there either. He didn't just say she was a slut, he went on in pretty detailed fashion saying she was having sex for money, and what do we call those women? And she's having "so much sex she needs lots of birth control" (how did this man survive into adulthood with so little idea of how things work?)
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

5 members found this post helpful.

caffeinated, yes. He did go on & on repeatedly saying horrible things about this woman. Just made 'em up. He did a whole long riff on her to a national audience. Why does he still have a radio show? Because there are far too many people in this country who love what he says.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    It wasn't just the word I had an issue with, it was the characterization of her argument (which showed he didn't pay the slightest attention to what she actually said) that I had a big issue with.

As for the word itself, it's not like he just let it slip in there either. He didn't just say she was a slut, he went on in pretty detailed fashion saying she was having sex for money, and what do we call those women? And she's having "so much sex she needs lots of birth control" (how did this man survive into adulthood with so little idea of how things work?)
    I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly the issue. The fact that anyone would find Rush to be anything other than a disgusting, hate mongering blowhard is truly hard to fathom and a sad comment on the mentality of many.

And sorry, there is no equivalent on the left. There certainly are liberals who sometimes say repugnant, ignorant, and offensive things--being an a$$hole is definitely an equal-opportunity endeavor--but none of them are nearly as relentless in their vitriol, nor do they have anything close to the audience or reach.

6 members found this post helpful.

Why is it that there are a few people that are incapable of having any type of discussion without getting personal? Name calling . . .really? Is that the way you communicate to people to their face. If someone says something you don't like at a dinner party do you yell across the room and call them stupid or ignorant? I seriously doubt it.

It's always the same few people every time on these threads. It is sickening to see that the only way you can make a point is to bash another person's opinion or point of view by verbally assaulting them on a personal level.

You seem like fairly smart ladies, perhaps you could win a few people over to your way of thinking if you addressed others in a respectful way.
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

I worked for the CEO a rather large company. He lives in a different part of the state and is head of the Republican Party in his county. He never once (he's in his late 50s) voted other than a straight Republican ticket until the last election. He hopes that the GOP gets back on track, but until then....he says, too, there is simply no comparison, when people think "Republican," they think: Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Sarah Palin.....it's become a joke. His kids (in their 20s) that's all they think of when they think Republican because it's blasted at them all the time. He firmly believes that Republicans have to remain Republicans and change all this. Of course I tell him Barry Goldwater, Strom Thurmond...hey, this is not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly the issue. The fact that anyone would find Rush to be anything other than a disgusting, hate mongering blowhard is truly hard to fathom and a sad comment on the mentality of many.

And sorry, there is no equivalent on the left. There certainly are liberals who sometimes say repugnant, ignorant, and offensive things--being an a$$hole is definitely an equal-opportunity endeavor--but none of them are nearly as relentless in their vitriol, nor do they have anything close to the audience or reach.
    Rush is a big boy who can and does stand up for himself.
    The left has their own sexist pigs, but they are forgiven, no embraced, because their targets are conservative women. Just listen to those "extremely intelligent" (sarcasm intended) "newscasters", Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz and Lawrence O'Donnell. The venom spoken by those 3 alone is horrible.

Sit back and really listen to what they say about anyone who dares to hold views different from them.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    And Rush gives millions to the marine fund that provides scholarships for the kids whose fathers have been killed in action.
    O'Reilly too... "The wounded warrior project"

Who cares that Limbaugh donates money he writes off? That excuses his comments to Sandra Fluke for you? He buys his way out of being a Neanderthal? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    She was called a "slut" but gee I guess that is just common language for you.
    So you must have been VERY upset when Maher called Sarah Palin a #unt.

Who cares that Limbaugh donates money he writes off? That excuses his comments to Sandra Fluke for you? He buys his way out of being a Neanderthal? Nope.
    Fluke was nothing but a "Pawn" and "A Tool" to be used by the libs for their own agenda, to never be seen or heard of again. Nothing more.

Why aren't more women upset about that?

2 members found this post helpful.