The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Brenderup Trailer Floor Replacement

I know there are a lot of threads on Brenderups, but I am having a hard time finding a place to replace my trailer's floor... or any information on it. I know that Brenderup's are no longer sold in the US, so I'm guessing not many places work on them either.

I have a 2004 Baron TC 2 horse that needs the floor replaced and windows sealed, as they are leaking badly. I am located in Atlanta, so hoping to find a place within a reasonable distance. Any suggestions of shops would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Question Brenderup Floor Replacement

I know there are a lot of threads on Brenderups, but I am having a hard time finding a place to replace my trailer's floor... or any information on it. I know that Brenderup's are no longer sold in the US, so I'm guessing not many places work on them either.

I have a 2004 Baron TC 2 horse that needs the floor replaced and windows sealed, as they are leaking badly. I am located in Atlanta, so hoping to find a place within a reasonable distance. Any suggestions of shops would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Question Brenderup Trailer Floor Replacement

Thanks.

I don't know too many details about it, but after they announced they wouldn't be selling them in the US anymore, somebody in Texas was supposedly working with Brenderup and getting parts from them to send out to trailer dealerships for repairs, etc. You may try looking into that. If they are up and running they may be able to send parts to a trailer place close to you. Or you could always try contacting Brenderup directly and see what they suggest you do. You cannot be the only person who needed a Brenderup specific repair.
    Blog: http://movingonupeventing.blogspot.com/

Don't believe the hype.

The current parts dealer for the US is Mountain Top Trailers in NH.

Default Brenderup floor

I had to replace mine but it was before the Texas group closed up shop. I ordered the floor and they shipped it to the facility I had install it. Don't know if the new parts place can handle that or if it's something you even want to consider. I do like the new floor, it seemed to be designed a bit better than the original floor.

The only other option that I was going to have was to have a traditional floor installed.

I appreciate the info on the new parts dealer, as there are a couple of things I might need.

Quote Originally Posted by joiedevie99 View Post
    The current parts dealer for the US is Mountain Top Trailers in NH.
    That's interesting, that's where I bought my Brenderup from, nice to know they have parts.
    Blog: http://movingonupeventing.blogspot.com/

Don't believe the hype.

Marine plywood (from a boat/marina company) apparently works really well for the floor. I'm too far away for any service-provider suggestions, though.

I'm having the same problem with no luck. I have a Royal TC and Traveled Lane Trailers was trying to work out a deal with Fautras Trailers to have them design a one piece floor with their rot-proof, composite material, but so far nothing's come of this. I've been on the waiting list for this program for a year now. I'm frustrated and growing impatient. I want it done well and I want it done right.

Yup, a big ol' ME TOO here!!

My '99 Baron has had some "bad" corners coming up on TWO years now, which is about how long I've been working with Traveled Lan to come up with a solution.

I'd really rather get a "proper" floor kit instead of a work-a-round with marine plywood, but I don't know how much longer I am going to be willing to wait.

F-U Brenderup, for leaving us loyal B-up owners in the lurch!

1 members found this post helpful.

Would it maybe be better to take the floor out entirely and have it replaced with something different that's easier to service/find someone to service? I don't know much about Brenderups but it's not going to get any easier to find people to service a discontinued line as time passes. I feel for you. I'd be frustrated!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Would it maybe be better to take the floor out entirely and have it replaced with something different that's easier to service/find someone to service? I don't know much about Brenderups but it's not going to get any easier to find people to service a discontinued line as time passes. I feel for you. I'd be frustrated!
    Part of the design of this trailer relies on the one piece floor for stability and a smooth ride. There are not enough supports to put in an aftermarket plank floor and the aluminum frame means that welding new supports isn't the easiest thing as welding aluminum is supposedly more difficult than steel. It's hard to find a one piece alternatives that are 8' wide by 14' long that are suitable for use in supporting the weight of horses.

Don't Sundowners have a 1 piece aluminum floor?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Snowflake, have you confirmed that the frame is aluminum? To the best of my knowledge, the Brenderup frame is steel. A lot of the trim is aluminum, but the cage is supposedly a steel roll cage. I'm asking because I'd be interested in options for reflooring too, and if the cage is aluminum, that would make certain floor modifications very challenging. (As I'm sure you are discovering in your research.)

PS, you were asking quite some time ago about the Brenderup Info DVD. If you still have a need in that dept, PM me.

Just a heads up that we merged the duplicate threads on this topic into one here in Off Course. We try to avoid duplicate concurrent threads.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

OP, you said you're in Atlanta - if you absolutely positively can't find anyone else to help you, I can vouch for Guy Wallace trailers in Franklin, TN. I bought a '91 Brenderup Prestige literally TWO DAYS before they closed up shop. I got it ridiculously cheap & was planning to order parts from TX and have some stuff fixed. Guy was willing to work on it (he was going to have to anyway but I was assuming that he'd be doing so with the assistance of the factory). He has worked on a few over the years and has another client with a Boeckman... so I think as long as you can find someone with at least some experience working on that type of trailer you can get the floor fixed.

If it's possible to order a "real" floor kit through the dealer mentioned above, from what I understand they send replacement hardware and everything and you'd just need to find someone willing to tear it apart and put it together again. If you can't get a kit then yeah, marine grade plywood or have extra supports welded in and do a plank floor - although from what I understand the marine grade plywood is so similar to the original flooring it's by far the easier solution.

I have called and spoke to Mountain Top Trailers and they cannot get the floors unfortunately.

I've purchased parts from Jay Martin. Brenderup gave me their contact information.

Jay Martin
    432-556-9631
    JayandShawnie@suddenlink.net
    \"You have two choices when a defining moment comes along - you can either define the moment, or let the moment define you.\" Tin Cup