The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

My neighbor and I voted this morning. I only had problems with the pronunciation of my name. My neighbor was told her valid VA driver's license was unacceptable because it has her PO box and not her street address (don't ask me why that is, I have NO idea!) She was insisting that she needed a photo ID with matching street address. My neighbor wouldn't back down that it's an acceptable form of ID, just like our photo badges and the voter ID card I used. Finally a poll worker next to the woman got her to understand that the DL was indeed acceptable. My neighbor voted, then called the registrar to report the problem.

The woman at the check in was by NO means trying to stop my neighbor from voting. She was simply confused as to the type of identification required. Hope the registrar was able to clear the issue up so other voters wouldn't get frustrated and leave.
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

I voted early this morning. They asked me to confirm my name, street address, and date of birth before giving me a card to use in the voting machine. Good enough for me, and no photo ID necessary for me to prove I am who I say I am.

1 members found this post helpful.

Not sure where this belongs so posting here. Video of computer touch screen changing vote (or at least being really, really out of balance): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpGd74DrBM

Default Read this

Another killer of threads

Just drove by our local polling site (2:30 PM, Blountville, TN) and few cars were in the parking lot, as contrasted to the crowded early voting days. As many as have voted early, most might have already cast their vote.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    I think it's insulting that Dems assume the poor and needy are so dumb they can't figure out a way to get a photo ID. Additionally, how are these same people able to get food stamps and financial aide without a photo ID? I'm sick of being required to produce proper ID to do almost everything anymore yet witness others getting a free ride b/c their poor and indigent. I've been one paycheck away from homeless but managed to maintain some type of photo ID. It CAN be done. I think states should offer programs that send people out to help people get photo ID. Back to lurking...
    Ahem. The photo ID issue is more of a problem with the elderly than the poor.

Sorry, I'm sure that point has been made many times already, but I wanted to add for emphasis anyway.

1 members found this post helpful.