The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another of my cats gone missing!

Believe me, I am aware that there are people will a lot worse problems, but this has just been a horrible year so far and to now be missing my little Mila is putting me into a depression. A stray Tom had showed up a few weeks ago. He needed to be trapped and neutered, and I was trying ot schedule that. In the meantime, he seemed to be getting along with the 2 males and 2 females that I have in my feral cat colony. All of that changed about 3 days ago when he really got aggressive and started fighting with the male. I did not think he was attacking the 2 females, but he got rough enough with the male that I ended up relocating him to my husband' farm accross town until he can get neutered. There must have been an in-heat female somewhere to have caused this super-aggressive behavior. Both males were injured, and the new stray had big gouges out of him and he still continued to try to kill the other male.

So, I thought Mila would come back once she realized he was gone. My other make and female are back and in routine again. No sign of Mila for 3 days. This is heartbreaking because her son, Harry Potter, has been missing since September after he snuck out of the house when my husband was letting the dogs out.

Please send some jingles that my Mila and Harry come home safely.

Here is my little window kitty, Mila - we had this shelf installed for her and she rarely left it:
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...64984831_n.jpg

Well, luck was with me and thank you to my chihuahua - Mila was locked in under the house! We are in the middle of renovations, and some plumbing was done under the house. She either got in some other way and was not locked under there, or someone bricked up the access door with her in there. I was weeding near the air conditioning unit, and my chihuahua started whining over by the little bricked up area. I called him and he just kept whining. When I went over there, I heard meowing and my heart almost stopped! I quickly tore the bricks out and there was Mila all dusty and meowing like crazy. She was afraid t come out, but once I put the dog in the house, she came out and ate like she was starved. She also drank a ton of water, so I think she was stuck under there.

She and I are SO lucky - the odds of me weeding over there are about 0 - none! I had planned to be in packing for my trip this week and was not planning to do any yard work. I was kind of procrastinating, and had found my pruning shears when I was in the barn, so just decided to do a little. I never go to that part of the yard - someone was watching over Mila and I, and thank goodness my chihuahua Badger was so persistant.

Whew - happy to have her back. She is very nervous watching for the mean kitty, but should settle back in/

3 members found this post helpful.

GREAT news about Mila, and still jingling for your Harry Potter to come home!

Yay!
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Cats can get themselves stuck in incredible places! Mr. Kitty got himself stuck in the neighbor's garage for a WEEK. I had given up all hope and started looking on Petfinder for another cat. Then one night I had to go in the back yard for something at night and heard him meowing! He had gotten himself wedged into the farthest corner of the garage, stuck in between boxes. And I and the neighbors had LOOKED in the garage right at the beginning, but he hadn't made any noise!

I am so glad your kitty is safe!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry