The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeg View Post
    Monks Bread
    I don't know where in upstate NY you are, CVPeg, but, Wegman's carries Monk's Bread. And, you can order it directly from the Monks, along with a lot of other lovely looking things. https://shop.monksbread.com/ I think I just found where some of my Christmas gifts are coming from.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I guess this doesn't really qualify as useful.. but I miss Mr. Salty pretzels. Can't find a pretzel stick that comes close to being a Mr. Salty.

Quote Originally Posted by headsupheelsdown View Post

I miss those little triangular vent windows on the front doors of vehicles (and no, I don't smoke) but you could crack those open slightly and angle the airflow to the direction you wanted. Now, you have to run your car fan and fiddle with directing/aiming vents...
    My boyfriend's old 70s Dodge van had these! So glad that van didn't make it to Texas those vents wouldn't have been any help against the heat! In California/Oregon it was a-okay.

I miss Clearly Canadian. They don't sell it here anymore. The knock off brands taste disgusting.
    Last edited by TequilaMockingbird; Nov. 5, 2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Grammar!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaMockingbird View Post
    I miss Clearly Canadian. They don't sell it hear anymore. The knock off brands taste disgusting.
    Oh, I used to love Clearly Canadian. Black Cherry. I haven't seen it here (The Northeast) in years.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaMockingbird View Post
    I miss Clearly Canadian. They don't sell it hear anymore. The knock off brands taste disgusting.
    Mmmm.... I loved Clearly Canadian.

And CVPeg, Tops and Wegman's carry Monks Bread. I got a loaf of the Maple bread to make French Toast - YUM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Mmmm.... I loved Clearly Canadian.
    Me too. Cranberry!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Me too. Cranberry!
    Blackberry was mine!

Do you remember when they tried to do the Orbitz thing? Blech! So gross!

My love for Pepper Pot prompted me to try the house specialty , Tripe in Sauce, at our local basic-but-good Italian place one frigid night last year. It was actually pretty good! But I prefer my Campbell's... Pepper Pot and Tomato Soup are the only 2 canned soups I love still.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I remember the first time I found that out. The Galloping Gourmet was making it on TV, and he held up the tripe and started talking about cow's stomach. Talk about SHOCK!
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Stella D'oro Anginetti cookies! I haven't been able to find these for years. I used to love to make the pineapple cream cheese puffs for a quick dessert, sooooooo good.

I don't understand why you can get the company's other cookies and products but not this one? Weird. I have seen them online, but if the company doesn't make them anymore are the ones offered just old back stock?
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

Mine is from my childhood - Smurf Berry Crunch Cereal.

Mrs. Smith's frozen pecan pies. I did a taste test once with several different brands of store-bought pecan pies. The Mrs. Smith's was the least attractive, pitiful looking, really, with pecan halves and parts haphazardly strewn about the top and blank spaces showing. But oh man, once you tasted them, there was no contest!

Every now and then I will be lured in to buying a pecan pie from Sam's Club or Costco. Beautiful big pies that are so disappointing. You know, the kind that taste like they used gelatin instead of egg, butter, and corn syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPie View Post
    Mrs. Smith's frozen pecan pies. I did a taste test once with several different brands of store-bought pecan pies. The Mrs. Smith's was the least attractive, pitiful looking, really, with pecan halves and parts haphazardly strewn about the top and blank spaces showing. But oh man, once you tasted them, there was no contest!

Every now and then I will be lured in to buying a pecan pie from Sam's Club or Costco. Beautiful big pies that are so disappointing. You know, the kind that taste like they used gelatin instead of egg, butter, and corn syrup.
    http://www.foodservicedirect.com/pro...-3.4-Ounce.htm

Tilex Soap Scum Remover. They recently reformulated and I can't find the one in the green bottle explicity for soap scum. It was the only thing that got my shower really clean (and I HATE cleaning the shower--even more than scrubbing toilets!).
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.