The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    20 Mule team borax is at Krogers, Ingles and Walmart. Love the stuff.
    Washing SODA (not baking soda, washing soda) is hard to find.
    I get Arm & Hammer washing soda at my supermarket. Ask your supermarket manager to stock it.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Campbell's Pepper Pot Soup. It was such a part of my childhood, and I miss it so much...I'd glom the whole can.
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmh_rider View Post
    Alpha Keri Oil.
    Free shipping with prime!

http://www.amazon.com/Keri-Shower-Mo...sture+Rich+Oil

Wow, a 35% off coupon, even!

1 members found this post helpful.

My Sony Sport cd player disappeared this summer. It was perfect. Anything you needed to do could be done with one finger. There was no need to even look at it. I saw a couple new ones floating around e-Bay for $$$. I haven't decided how much I loved it...

Strong iodine - I used to use it on my horse with pads - a squirt once a week or two kept her feet great.

Ditto the meth lab thing, our secret family liniment recipe is almost impossible to make now, since everything is either a controlled substance or a drug lab staple.

Timotea(sp) shampoo and condotioner. Didn't make your hair feel the greatest, but man, did it smell wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by lovey1121 View Post
    Campbell's Pepper Pot Soup. It was such a part of my childhood, and I miss it so much...I'd glom the whole can.
    I remember this too. Were you from New England? Super popular there!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Pream instant creamer. I probably don't want to know what is in it. It tasted GREAT even out of the jar and if you threw it on the fire it made fireworks!
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

New Jersey. My grandma hooked us on it back in the 70's. It has TRIPE in it...always freaked out friends I'd heat it for...told em after, of course! But the spicy broth, lil taters, lil rubber bits o' tripe... mmmm, I miss it.
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Oh, endorsing drinking + drugs, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by lovey1121 View Post
    New Jersey. My grandma hooked us on it back in the 70's. It has TRIPE in it...always freaked out friends I'd heat it for...told em after, of course! But the spicy broth, lil taters, lil rubber bits o' tripe... mmmm, I miss it.
    I remember the first time I found that out. The Galloping Gourmet was making it on TV, and he held up the tripe and started talking about cow's stomach. Talk about SHOCK!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

This is more of a general post...but for those of you who love items that still exist and are just hard to come by, and your local retail store says no to ordering you just one, ask them if they'd be willing to order you an entire case of it. Obviously this is dependent on your willingness to buy a whole case, but a lot of times, this will knock down their barrier to being willing to order you something--and sometimes they'll even give you a discount.

I do that occasionally with items that I use a lot but that rarely go on sale. For example, baking staples like sugar rarely go on sale other than from late October through Christmas. But if you can a lot of jams and jellies all spring and summer, it might be worthwhile to get a case discount on sugar. Basically anything you're willing to buy in multiples of 6 to 12, don't be afraid to ask the customer service desk if there's a "case price" for it.

The old Ariat boot bags, with a separate compartment for each boot and zippers up the side. After my last pair of boots (and the boot bag) got stolen, I got the new Ariat boot bag, which has a single compartment with a divider in the middle. It has a flap that goes down the front of the boot bag with a zipper on each side. The flap just gets in the way, and the zippers are hard to zip around the ankle area of the boots where it bends. Hate it.

Oh I just remembered another one! Floral gums! Mmm tasted like soap but I lobed them! I remember a candy shop telling me the factory had burned down and wasn't planning on rebuilding, but someone does make a knock off kind, which of course isn't nearly as good.

And cherry lips. Hard to come by, and are in specialty stores as well, which rarely carry them. So I will order a fifty(yes fifty) pound box of them for $130 dollars! That is how nostalgic I am about them lol! Thank god they last me a looong time!
    Last edited by Miss J; Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Monks Bread
    Revlon's Moondrops Moisturizing Cream
    Most of the original Archway Cookies
    Krispy Kreme! (the expansion North evidently failed...so have to head South for them - picked some up on the way back from my nephew's wedding in VA this summer, drove home, and my Irish Wolfhound finished them off before the morning )
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by FEI_JR2004 View Post
    The old Ariat boot bags, with a separate compartment for each boot and zippers up the side. After my last pair of boots (and the boot bag) got stolen, I got the new Ariat boot bag, which has a single compartment with a divider in the middle. It has a flap that goes down the front of the boot bag with a zipper on each side. The flap just gets in the way, and the zippers are hard to zip around the ankle area of the boots where it bends. Hate it.
    OK, I miss another thing that Ariat used to make....The "oldest" Santa Cruz and Del Mar clogs...They have the solid tan inner foot beds, the newer ones made have a black lining around the inside-don't feel the same. And the new styles, probably made in the last 4 to 5 years, are made of crappy quality leather.

I do find them on ebay-I look at least twice a week. I have 5 pairs right now, but always looking for more!

Oil of Olay original lotion and Constant Comment Tea, the former has been new and improved, doesn't keep my skin from drying anymore so don't purchase it anymore and the latter simply seems to be mia.

Quote Originally Posted by colorfan View Post
    Oil of Olay original lotion and Constant Comment Tea, the former has been new and improved, doesn't keep my skin from drying anymore so don't purchase it anymore and the latter simply seems to be mia.
    I love Constant Comment! It's one of those "hard to find in the grocery stores, super-easy to find by the case" things. I work in an academic office that orders it from OfficeMax, but you can get it on Amazon too:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bigelow-Consta.../dp/B000GG0BLQ

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Oh man I LOVED those things!

I miss Revlon Outrageous shampoo. Smelled great and made hair have a lot of body.
    I desperately miss Outrageous shampoo. The scent was PERFECTION.

Quote Originally Posted by colorfan View Post
    Really?? I always see it at my supermarket as I drink about 6 cups a day of it, I stock up. Let me know if you want me to pick some up and ship. There was a sale on it 2 weeks ago and I restocked.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Lawn Darts. They were great for cleaning the gene pool.
    "I couldn't find my keys, so I put her in the trunk"

2 members found this post helpful.