The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any "Duck Dynasty" fans here?

Hubby happened upon this TV show in early summer, and we've been addicted ever since. Truly addicted.

It airs on Wednesday nights at 10 pm (EST) on A&E, but A&E frequently runs "marathons" of reruns on other days and times.

If you haven't seen this show, you can check it out here (even watch full episodes):
    http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/

They have a Facebook page as well:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/duckdynasty?fref=ts
    Equus Keepus Brokus

2 members found this post helpful.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Oh hell yes! Now you're cooking with peanut oil!
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

I just discovered this show a couple weeks ago. Love it!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Woooot! Yes, love it! They really crack me up! Especially the episode with the daughter getting into dating! So funny.

If you go to their FB page you will see pics of some of the boys without thier beards! I really hope they come to our hunt fest next year.

I love it!!!

But I constantly wonder if it's scripted! How can ALL of those people be so funny, dry and have such great comedic timing!
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

My DH was in HS with Jase. He says they're all really just like they appear on TV, and loves watching the show.
    ---------------------------

My DH found the show last summer. We just started watching the new episodes. Those boys have something going for them. Their wives are gorgeous. Their kids are so well mannered. I love that they always finish the show with a family dinner, saying Grace.

I think that Si and Jace are a hoot and a half!
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

They actually have a book out written by Willie and Korie. The show is scripted, but Willie and other family members decided that they wanted a show like I Love Lucy, and just fun, but based on real life. It is scripted, but it's not unlike things in real life with them. I was just surprised to find out the oldest brother Alan is a minister, and doesn't have a beard. And Phil was Louisiana Tech's quarterback until it interfered with duck season, and his back up QB was Terry Bradshaw.

I love the Bee Hive episode, and the one where Jase built his own office and Miss Kay wanted goats, so Willie had to take them in his escalade. And the turkey cooking/hunting contest was hysterical.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

LOVE this show. I hate reality TV but there is something about this show that got me hooked.

This northerner loves her some rednecks.

I keep meaning to check that show out. I see the commercials for it all the time and it looks like a lot of fun. The latest commercial with the Mountain man guy being advised to look into laser eye surgery and his "What is this? Star Wars?" comment kills me every time I see the commercial, LOL!

The only reality stuff I like is stuff like Ice Road Truckers or Deadliest Catch...stuff like that. I try to follow along during new seasons but tend to forget what nights, times or channels stuff is one and remember the day afterwards. I don't watch tons of tv, so forget to follow shows. Mainly I watch Grey's Anatomy and BBT and that's it unless I'm watching HGTV, Discovery, History or Animal Planet. And those I just turn on from time to time and watch what's on then.

I did start watching a marathon a couple weekends ago of some reality show, crap what was the name...Northern something I think? Homesteaders in the middle of Unpopulated Alaska. I enjoyed the marathon day of it and now can''t find it again. Anyone know what it is?
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I did start watching a marathon a couple weekends ago of some reality show, crap what was the name...Northern something I think? Homesteaders in the middle of Unpopulated Alaska. I enjoyed the marathon day of it and now can''t find it again. Anyone know what it is?
    Frontier Alaska on the Discovery Channel?

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post

Alaska The Last Frontier. On Discovery Channel. The family is the one Jewel came from. Her dad and brother are on it. I think on Tues at 9pm. The familiy's story is an interesting one and worth looking up if you do watch it.

I adore this show. Have them on DVR so I can watch whenever I like. I <3 Willie!
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

Thanks guys! I'll look it up.

Really? One of those families is Jewels? I had no idea.

I'm keeping an eye out for a Duck Dynasty marathon so I can start watching it.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Misty-that is for this Wednesday's show. Si is a career military vet, is the only one of his generation (he's Phil's brother), and is the only one without a 4 year college degree. He does the reeds for the duck calls, and though he seems like a long term bachelor, but he's been married for years.

I love the whole family, and though it's scripted (aren't all reality shows scripted? Ones like Jerseylicious are totally faked) it's nice to just sit down, watch something fun, and with people who care about each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    ...And Phil was Louisiana Tech's quarterback until it interfered with duck season, and his back up QB was Terry Bradshaw...
    Phil was also courted by the Washington Redskins, but he opted to quit football to return to ducks. Here's a great interview where, at one point, Phil is asked why he chose ducks over football. He explains that:
    "Running from large, violent men just didn't seem like, uh, it just seemed more stressful..."
    Video link:
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-fr...ylist_id=86912

Interesting bio (and early photo of Phil during his football days):
    http://college-football.si.com/2012/...g-up-football/

I love all the episodes; can't choose a favorite, although I do have to say my least favorite was the lawn mower racing.

This is a show that never fails to be put me in a good mood.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

I'm going to start watching the show because we found out that they own a horse we bred! Basically we sold him to a guy who sold him to a vet who sold him to them. DH is hoping they try to hunt with him or something
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    I'm going to start watching the show because we found out that they own a horse we bred!...
    Uh oh. Don't watch the restaurant episode (where Ms. Kay gets to run one for a day) as one of Si's comments while he's cooking on the grill might be a bit disturbing. (I know he was just kidding, though...).
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Hey! I love this show.

Happy, happy, happy.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

PalominoMorgan-you can get a tshirt and a mug saying that on the A&E Duck Dynasty website. And the Buck Commander and Duck Commander websites are actually owned and operated by Korie's dad, who is their financial guy. I really am tempted to get the Chia pet Willie Beard head thing off of there.