View Poll Results: Where do you get your coffee?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbucks

36 29.51%
  • Dunkin Donuts

39 31.97%
  • Other

47 38.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Just give me coffee.
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

Battle Bean!

http://www.jblmmwr.com/bean/

Heeheee!!!!!!!1
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

I love Dunkin and McDonalds coffee.
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

I must be the odd one out. I have never bought coffee at Dunkin, Starbucks, McDonalds or any other. I don't even go in these places because the smell of scented coffee (Vanilla, hazelnut etc) makes me barf. I make coffee at home and it has to be 100% plain Arabica beans. The one I like best in the US is Melitta, but I miss European coffee.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

We don't have Dunkin here and I have used Starbuck's because I get gift cards, but it's insanely expensive! $5 for a cup of coffee??

I buy great flavored coffee at the Grocery Outlet--latest find was $7 for 22 ounces--and make it at home. If I buy out--gas stations. Best deal ever. All kinds of great coffee and flavors and cappucino for wimps like me for $1.80 for the super big cup.

I do not get how people can and would spend $5 a day on coffee. That could be a college education.

Neither. Most Starbucks coffees taste burned to me (the blonde roast is okay) and DD tastes watery. I always brew coffee at home and bring a large vacuum mug to work to refill my mug throughout the day. If for some reason I'm on the road and can't brew my own, I'll go to McDonalds. They serve Newman's Own Organic brews for $1 for any size. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    I try and limit it to once a week but I do love Starbucks although I always say I want the biggest non-fat sugar free vanilla latte and they chirps back "OH, a venti skinny latte!!!???" which makes me cringe LOL!!
    Ugh, I hate this too! No, it's NOT "skinny" latte, it's called the CORRECT way to make a latte. When did people start making these so-called "lattes" with whole milk and gobs of sugar? Disgusting.
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

1 members found this post helpful.

Especially since I am *not* skinny LOL!!!

One thing though, I am very spoiled when I want a really, really good cup of coffee on a winter day or night. My friend from Italy makes me a cappuccino or two Peppino makes them at Il Lucano in the Harbor and Franco makes them at Sorrento in Oly. There is nothing like that.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Starbucks is to coffee what Parelli is to horses.

I totally understand the many who love it...however it's nowhere close to baristi made coffee. Not even close. A real barista is like a sommelier...takes a LONG time to train one. It's not a teen pushing a button. Starbucks equates bitterness with quality. Want to see pain? Bring an old school Italian to a Starbucks.

Some of their stuff is tasty though.

DD is everywhere here. It's okay. I miss when they actually did make the donuts in each store fresh though. Now they get delivered in the mornings. At night...12 hour old donuts. They also can't make a decent real coffee, espresso or latte. They make tasty candy-ish versions though.

I like home made coffee best. I'll buy one from either place if I'm out and in dire need of a coffee. But given a choice? Made at home...I often take mine to go from here.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

2 members found this post helpful.

If I MUST have coffee when driving, I usually do Rotten Ronnie...er McDonalds of, horror of horrors, 7-11. I hate Starbucks' coffee, always tastes burnt, Tim Horton's isn't all that great either and no Dunkin Donuts here. All in all, I prefer my own coffee, just buy espresso roast beans, grind and pour hot water over that, I don't even have a working coffee maker and certainly not some fancy machine, but the kettle works and so does the filter holder on the deceased coffee maker.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Ooh. I do that, too. We had a working coffee maker, but it broke. Now we have one of those fast heating electric kettles and just pour hot water over the filter.

My sister got me a fancy coffee maker last Christmas, and we still haven't figure out how to use it.

I like DD! I get the big bags of it at Costco. Not a starbucks fan. I think their coffee tastes burnt too.

Those poll results are impressive! Either people REALLY like their coffee or there's a code bug

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Ooh. I do that, too. We had a working coffee maker, but it broke. Now we have one of those fast heating electric kettles and just pour hot water over the filter.

My sister got me a fancy coffee maker last Christmas, and we still haven't figure out how to use it.
    My kettle is probably close to 30 years old, but still works just fine. I saw no reason to replace the busted coffee maker, the filter holder and pot are in excellent condition, so it doesn't matter. I find you really have better control over the water temp with the kettle - for me, idea temp from a rolling boil is the time it takes to measure and grind the beans - and no time for the coffee to sit on the heater and get sour tasting.

I am afraid of fancy machines.............LOL
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

[QUOTE=MistyBlue;6647506]Starbucks is to coffee what Parelli is to horses..

ZOMG!! you're my hero!!!

i live near green mountain coffee roasters so that's where we normally get a cup when out. at home we use the lavazza espresso machine.

my drink is 2 shots with an ounce of steamed light cream.
    add a half shot each of frangelico and nocello for dessert.

or breakfast on rough days,lol.

Another here who thinks Starbucks is burnt, bitter coffee. I make at home with my Keurig and then get a cup on the way to work from the local country store.
    "I couldn't find my keys, so I put her in the trunk"

For at home coffee, I get a variety I really like from the local Winco (gasp!), keep it in a big Ziploc bag in the cupboard, and brew it with one of those drip filter thingie you put on top of your cup. How's that for fancy coffee making?
    Last edited by laskiblue; Nov. 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: slight incoherence, LOL

Green Mountain roasts a decent bean.

The convenience store I frequent now carries New England coffee...I don't like it as much as Green Mountain.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

2 members found this post helpful.

We like 8:00, grind it at home...but in a pinch/on the road I like Dunkin Doughnuts better than Starbucks.

I love good strong non-flavored Starbucks coffee. I think the Starbucks VIA's are the best invention of my adult lifetime!!!!

Wow- interesting poll results, there doesn't seem to be a strong winner! Huh

I think what pulled me to starbucks was the espresso, and it seems to have better customer service and cleanliness than the Dunkin Donuts. If I don't get coffee while I'm out, I do use my Tassimo, and thats pretty good too.