The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Where do you get your coffee?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbucks

36 29.51%
  • Dunkin Donuts

39 31.97%
  • Other

47 38.52%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Coffee Lovers- are you a Starbucks or Dunkin Person?

Just a fun thread with no serious purpose-

I love Starbucks- I love the drinks, the look, the cheery baristas even when I look terrible- I love it all, especially now that the Peppermint Mocha (or as I call it "Christmas in a Cup" ) is back.

I'm in New Hampshire, though, where there are about 5 total Starbucks stores in the state as opposed to the 3 Dunkin Donuts in my town alone...so there's a lot of Dunkin followers

So, all of you other horse people, where do you stand, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts or somewhere else?
    Last edited by abbbalonian twist; Nov. 3, 2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: cheery, not cherry baristas lol

1 members found this post helpful.

I like Starbucks' specialty drinks, but for regular coffee, nobody beats Dunkin'.

Dunkin. But I buy it in the store and make it myself. I don't buy coffee at the coffee shops. Too $$$. Plus, they make it a little too strong for me. I drink mine black and without any froo froo, the Starbucks stuff kills my stomach straight from the shop!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I don't drink either one though I do love Starbucks' hot chocolate beverages. Best one right now is the salted caramel. I've had both companies' version of iced coffee and neither was impressive for the price.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

DD French Crullers are the best commercial doughnuts on the planet. The coffee is good, too, but it's the crullers that used to lead me to route myself through the Philly airport where they were available and I'd buy all they had left, after they were no longer being sold in NC. (After a gap of 7-8 years, they started turning up again here.)
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

I try and limit it to once a week but I do love Starbucks although I always say I want the biggest non-fat sugar free vanilla latte and they chirps back "OH, a venti skinny latte!!!???" which makes me cringe LOL!!

Also, if you are ever on Ft. Lewis, the Battle Bean makes the bestbestbest frappaccinos! I LOFF the Battle Bean!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

No Dunkin' Donuts in California, but it wasn't bad when I was on the East Coast and it was the only/closest option. Usually, however, it's Peet's Coffee or Starbucks depending on where I am, or a few different smaller coffee roasters (Blue Bottle, Sightglass, Verve in the SF area, and places like Stumptown and Joe and La Colombe in NYC...) I love good coffee, so I'm always trying new independent roasters out to see what I like.

My fave is Segafredo. Got hooked on it when I lived in Italy. They always put a little chunk of chocolate into the cup when they served it. Yum.

well, In my town there are no Starbucks, and no DD. but there is nothing in my town. However, in the three nearest towns I go to for everything, there are about 25 Starbucks. I have a registered card there so I get lots of perks, free refills etc. So I'm a Starbucks Nut all the way!!!!

I don't think I have seen a DD since I moved to CA. and I have never had their coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    My fave is Segafredo. Got hooked on it when I lived in Italy. They always put a little chunk of chocolate into the cup when they served it. Yum.
    They are going to open a DC store soon and possibly one at Tyson's Corner as well.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

No way Lex! Really? Cool!

The place I where most often purchase coffee drinks is . . . McDonald's. I prefer their sugar free vanilla iced coffee to any cold coffee drink I've had at Starbucks and it is definitely cheaper ($2.29 for a large in my area). For hot coffee, there's a gas station up the street that brews Seattle's Best and that suits me fine. :-)

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    No way Lex! Really? Cool!
    I shit you not. They are opening stores in major urban markets after their purchase of Sara Lee.

I voted Dunkin's. But Wawa is great too!!

Don't like Starbucks at all, I think it tastes burnt. I call it Charbucks.

I like DD coffee but my favorite is from a little coffee place in Elkton MD that sits off of rte. 40 called Fox Hollow Coffee.

What I make at home (the secret is in the stove top vacuum method) is the best, but if I'm out and am anywhere near Fox Hollow that's where I'm going.

I really dislike both of them. I've always hated Starbucks' coffee, and about three years ago Dunkin did something awful to theirs and it's terrible now. The Massachusetts McDonald's serve Newman's Own Organic and it is excellent - and ONE DOLLAR for any size.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I LOVED Dunkin Donuts when I drank coffee. I was totally shocked that they weren't in California when I lived out there! Now the DD is still too far away and I don't drink coffee anymore either. Starbucks makes me ill from the first sip but their kids hot chocolate is AWESOME.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I do Newmans Own on the Keurig, as I can only have one cup a day. After that, I prefer McDonalds to either DD or SB
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

FYI there was a law passed recently that makes it LEGAL to brew coffee at home.... No need to expend greenhouse gasses driving to a DD or SB every day..... I hear the grocery stores are even thinking of selling flavored creamers to go with coffee now that it is legal to brew it in your own kitchen.... And you can get a single serve French Press at Marshalls or for about, or less than, $10 or Amazonhttp://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Presses...F8&node=289749 will deliver one to your door. Instructions for operating the french press can be found here....http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...YCcT24eny99-wQ

I have a Keurig. The Starbucks I go to is on the way to work. The Battle Bean is AT WORK. I hate those chemical-y tasting "flavored creamers".

But I love saying Battle Bean! Battle Bean!!!!!!!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.