The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionMercedes View Post
    You can only view in full screen if you have their premium subscription.
    Ohh ok! Thank you!

I think it is Nancy Wetmore who also did the commentary at the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishTheBunny View Post
    ....so what was running around the ring during hunter night (Mon night), a groundhog??

I think it was a squirrel..

Announcer said something about "Rocky" not being part of the intended course or similar. Rocky was a flying squirrel, correct? So I assumed it was a squirrel. It was a "what the hell was THAT?" moment.

Watch it tonight at 8 35 pm (est) http://www.todocast.tv/rmpictures/royalfair2012free/

Posted by The Royal:
    Tonight is the inaugural $100,000 Hickstead FEI World Cup Grand Prix, renamed to honour Hickstead. We proudly announce Eric Lamaze will be joining a special guest to make the presentations to the winners tonight night following the class.

Okay, Jill Henselwood just won the Hickstead on George, who is definitely a chestnut... yet was riding a grey for the awards? I missed a minute or two before the ceremony, what happened?

George might not be good for awards. It not unusual to ride a different horse for awards.

Ah, I didn't realize that it was common to do that... maybe I just never noticed before, and it took a chestnut turning grey in five minutes flat to draw my attention. (:

I also think that because a child was involved during the award ceremony, ie she took the little girl in front of her in the saddle, they wanted to make sure the horse was quiet and bombproof.
    That little kid was adorable and had obviously been treated with chemo and she was delighted to receive a Breyer Hickstead!!
    I was disappointed that Eric was not present as announced!

But happy that the first Hickstead Trophy was won by Canada!!

Rich Fellers never uses Flexible in an award ceremony!! He can't handle the victory gallop apparently!

The ceremony with the little kid was absolutely adorable... so cute. I love that she got a Breyer. Anyone know which horse the grey was? I know there was a grey earlier but can't remember who rode him... but the one in the award ceremony had such a kind eye; I liked him.

well Kent Farrington, Mclain Ward, rode greys.
    But I have no idea who he was. I loved his big ears and such nice expression too.

Yes, Jill rode in the grey (I know who owns it but am having a mind blank right now) because it is very sane where as George isn't sane for awards at all, even when there isn't a kid involved. Knowing that they made this choice so that Ava could enjoy her moment in the spot light to its fullest made me even more happy. I have known Ava (the little girl) now and she is the sweetest and most inspiring kid I have ever met, and I know she was over the moon the get to present the award!

1 members found this post helpful.

hum, sounds like they had a pretty good idea who was going to win then if they already had a safe horse ready in the wings... lol I love that horse and really would like to know who he is....
    Here is the video of the squirrel... http://www.horsejunkiesunited.com/20...-the-squirrel/

From EMG "She was riding Jaclyn Duffs horse Pater! She won the National Talent Squad on him this week!" lovely horse!
    Last edited by FalseImpression; Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    From EMG "She was riding Jaclyn Duffs horse Pater! She won the National Talent Squad on him this week!" lovely horse!
    Aha--thanks! Full name Pater Noster. He is absolutely adorable--I want him. Apparently she trains with Henselwood, so that explains why he was all set to double for George. (:

Was checking the results and in the Amature/Owner class it shows a barn name as the owner.......I thought you couldn't do this? or is the barn owner the rider?
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Yes George is a horrible parade horse. We try to save him the extra stress when we have a suitable horse in the stable. We were lucky for a few years to have a lovely chestnut mare and a stallion with similar chrome to be his body double. Jill's other horse New Idol, a dapple grey wll stand in for him time time.

Sadly for George when we tour in Europe, Pan Ams and Olympics he is unable to have a parade horse unless I'm lucky enough to have a second horse standing in the barn, and a volunteer to help me tack it up. It's definitely a team that puts together a great horse, starting with an amazing rider

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    Was checking the results and in the Amature/Owner class it shows a barn name as the owner.......I thought you couldn't do this? or is the barn owner the rider?
    Yes the farm is owned by the riders family.

1 members found this post helpful.

Hmmmmmm apparantly I'm not very good at picking the winner in a conformation class for dairy cows!!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!