The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I never did get to see the first few episodes and maybe the whole first season; for some reason, all those years ago, they were listed as unavailable, I would imagine they are somewhere on the net by now. I will check for them
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Started watching when the 3rd doctor was on air. Tom Baker (#4) was my absolute favorite.

Until David Tennant came along. Tennant is, to me, the ultimate doctor. Brilliant, tormented, hyperactive #10.

Didn't care for Christopher Eccleston.

Gotta give props to Matt Smith though. I think he's done an outstanding job. Loved Rory, too... was kind of "meh" over Amy.

Favorite companions? Donna Noble and Sarah Jane Smith.

Horrified by the idea of a possible female doctor though. I know it's been tossed around.

Forget the Tardis stickers, people! Get the tattoo instead!

1 members found this post helpful.

sk, on the first page here I posted links to 2 sites that have the episodes. One of the sites has the original episodes as well which I am trying to work through as we speak

(Is it sad that I was excited there were now 3 pages to this thread when I checked because it meant more DW conversation?)
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

Sad? Never!
    Sad is happy for deep people.
    (which episode and no cheating by asking the internets)
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Too easy! The best episode ever.

BLINK!

Which I just recently watched ... again.

Quote Originally Posted by JLMet View Post
    sk, on the first page here I posted links to 2 sites that have the episodes. One of the sites has the original episodes as well which I am trying to work through as we speak

(Is it sad that I was excited there were now 3 pages to this thread when I checked because it meant more DW conversation?)
    Thanks!! I am gonna have to see how long it takes for the poky connection to load anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter-ed View Post

BLINK!

That episode was great.....I've never looked at stone statues the same since
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyinBey++ View Post
    And it just cracks me up that David Tennant wanted to be the Doctor after watching the Fifth...who is now his father-in-law IRL
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyinBey++ View Post
    You have identified a BIG problem long-time viewers have with the way the new series are written. Rose was the first companion to fall in love with the Doctor and it is very, very wrong. The companions are not supposed to have those feelings for the Doctor. That said, I accept the entire arc of Rose, ending with her "happily ever after" with the Meta-Crisis Tenth, Martha's unrequited crush, and the existence of Sexy as a good, solid explanation to the fans why we can't ever have a companion with those feelings again.

I want strong female characters who are content to remain unpaired romantically. I'm so tired of having women and girls written as though they're prizes for the males to "win" by the end of the story. You don't need sexual tension to sell a story if you have a good plot with fantastic dialogue.
    ACK!!! Yes! DH and I were appalled at the whole Rose/Doctor love story plot. It was wrong - so wrong! Our girls couldn't understand why we didn't like it. At. All.

And then along came Donna And all was right with the world again. She may be my favorite companion - right up there with Sarah Jane.

Total Geek Out Time: DD#2 is Sarah Jane. And is was unintentional. Dr. Who had been off PBS for years at that point. DH and I were waffling over the baby's name while still in the the hospital. Good thing she was a C-section and we had 4 days to come up with something. As we went back and forth over the name we decided on Sarah and then just couldn't get the middle name right. Then it hit us - Sarah Jane. It just sounded - right. A few months later when I was looking at my little K-9 figure it occurred to me why the name Sarah Jane sounded so perfect to us....

For those of you looking for Dr. Who stuff, Think Geek has just about everything you are looking for:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/doctorwho/

lcw--You bad! More stuff to buy!

I know! Look how many pagesI I was a convert from here, and I think it's been the ripple effect and the numbers are growing.

I think I'm going to be catching up the next few days as I do NOT want to watch the updates of the election on tv!

Remember how Donna Noble was such a great companion? She doesn't.

My favorite companions are Donna Noble and Sarah Jane Smith. I liked Martha and I like that she realized her crush could never go beyond that. Rose was the first companion I met, so I accept her, but she pales in comparison to others. I liked Rory and Rory's father more than Amy. Regarding the doctors, I cried when 9 regenerated, but sobbed at 10's. I like Matt Smith, but he's not one of "my" Doctors.

ETA: I'm amused the similar threads are about actual fans.

lcw579, I love how your daughter got her name! (I named my son after seeing his name on a map)

There are a TON of toys & geeky things on Amazon. I have the TARDIS coffee mug (never to be used for coffee since it's not dishwasher safe & has crevices inside), a TARDIS iPhone case (and I have a Droid that needs replacing with a Samsung Galaxy) AND...the set of all 11 Doctors in their very own TARDIS case (no, I did NOT pay that price. I got them for $63)

Oh the things I have on my wish list for when I hit the lottery later this week
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacup View Post
    Remember how Donna Noble was such a great companion? She doesn't.
    I see what you did there.

4 members found this post helpful.

OMG! Just finished season 6!! The Dr is alive and faked his death and he and River get married.

The question!!! Dr Who doc tore who? Some kind of mnemonic? Play on words?

It's like Hitcherhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Six million years and the answer to the question is 32, but they forgot the question!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    OMG! Just finished season 6!! The Dr is alive and faked his death and he and River get married.

The question!!! Dr Who doc tore who? Some kind of mnemonic? Play on words?

It's like Hitcherhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Six million years and the answer to the question is 32, but they forgot the question!!
    You need to re-read that book, dearest!

As for his name...no, I don't think there's anything behind it, really, as his name isn't "Doctor Who," he's just the Doctor. "Doctor who?" "Exactly!"

It's been a long time since I read the books, and I forgot the beginning.

I dunno. The blue head guy seemed to be pronouncing it in a VERY peculiar way after he asked if he was going to answer the question.

Is anyone else really really hoping that the next regeneration is a ginger?

I started with 9 and loved him dearly, but after two-three episodes with 10, I was in love. I cried when he regenerated into 11, but I SOBBED when he and Rose were separated, and would tear up when Donna and then Martha would ask about her and DT would react so beautifully. 11 took quite a lot of getting used to, but I love him too now.
    As for companions, Rose is my favorite. Sorry, she is. I like her sass, and I love how she brings back from the abyss an incredibly broken and bitter doctor. I thought she and the Doctor were adorable together. My next favorite would be the Amy and Rory duo. I love them both. Then Donna. Hated Martha all the way through, hate when there are one episode companions too (except for Wilf, I love him).
    Someone explained (and I thought it perfect) the three newest doctors like so:
    9 was the warrior, 10 the lover, 11 the best friend. Works for me.

2 members found this post helpful.

http://www.underground-toys.com/licenses/doctor-who

And when I have extra money (because people with horses "always" have extra money) I want this!!!!
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ee4...FQSqnQodOicAMA
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

I have now caught up on Netflix and got season 7, episode 1. The Dhaleks forgot the Dr! Whooo Hooo!

I love the daleks and their anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter-ed View Post

BLINK!

That's one of my favorite ones too. Also, the one where the Dr. (Tennent) is a teacher at a boys' school and Martha is his housekeeper and he has no memory of being the Dr.

One of the first episodes with Donna when they investigate the blobs of fat taking over the world---the blobs were so cute!!

You guys! Bumping up my favs!

I've always found the daleks pretty stupid. It's hard to look at them and not think cheesy 70's movies, but, now that I'm hooked, it's all part of the love.

I LOVE the fat blobs. One of my favs!