The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Dr Who Fans--Wanna Talk? HighFlyingBey?

I need happy talk. Netflix finally has the 2011 season.

River Song is Amy Pond's daughter! I KNEW there was some similarity in names. Ar we not seeing River any more?? It seems like that was the last time--the Dr didn't know her.

And I just finished the episode where he drops off Amy and Rory after the monster hotel and faith killing them. I'm really starting to like Amy and Rory.

And I LOVED the Indian doctor in that episode. It seemed like she was the next companion, but she died!

Who wants to geek with me? YOU got me into it!

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm on my way to bed (though with my new neighbor--who has a TARDIS sticker on his car--jamming away in his apartment on the other side of the building, I'm not sure sleep is what I'll get) but hurry up and get caught up. I really need to talk about the very last episode which I can't hint at until you get caught up because it's your thread & I won't spoil it for you.

Unlike what I did for my neighbor with Episode 5 of Season 3 of Downton Abbey. I told her to watch it...
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

I want a tardis sticker!! Where do I get one!

Downton Abbey is going again? I have to get going. Netflix takes awhile to get it on, so maybe I'll have to search.

I love Dr Who! I actually saw someone dressed as a Tardis for halloween yesterday. I loved it!

I love Amy and Rory also! They are my favorite companions! but river?!?! who's side is she one anyway?

There is plenty more River to come...Amy and Rory, too. But...SPOILERS!

The new companion won't appear until 2013, although we have already met her. (Or those of us caught up, anyway.)

I got my Tardis & Torchwood stickers from Amazon.

Downton is on in Britain. It won't be on in the US until January. Unless you know where to look.

River is one of the good guys. I still miss Donna.

2 members found this post helpful.

I might have to visit Amazon and use my free shipping.

I know where to look to get free tv.

I miss my old friends. Hunky Jack!! Yum. Donna. Even Blondy. Just when you really start liking them, gone! It's like the heartbreak of Serenity over and over again!

Ooh. Just saw one. Amy is a model! Preview of the next one is River kills him and the silence guys are all behind the one eyed woman!

OK, I remember my question. The girl who plays Amy as a girl looks JUST like her. Are they related?

And the Dr is looking particularly emaciated in this ender of the cyber men episode. He's got to be SO thin in real life.

Stormaggenden the baby!

Sorry, no spoilers here either...but I love Dr. Who and wish Torchwood was on more in MI...but it may be too progressive for W Mi

Yes, Caitlin Blackwood is Karen Gillan's cousin. Gillan and Blackwood had never met before Doctor Who; it was during their auditions that they discovered they were cousins.

How cool is that?!

Here's something I didn't know till today:
    In 2008, Gillan had her first direct involvement with the Doctor Who franchise when she portrayed the Soothsayer in the fourth season episode The Fires of Pompeii.
    Stormageddon is hilarious!

We can thank Long Spot for finding this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDj7g...eature=related

Why are you waiting for the episodes to be on netflix????

Go here instead!!!
    http://www.yourtvseri.es/series/doctor-who/episodes/

or here!
    http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Doctor-Who--2005-_221/

If there's any episodes missing, let me know I can find them for you. I watch on BBCA but not all carriers have it.

ETA - Just pay attention to where you are clicking, some of the pages while legit are a little spammy.
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

JLMet I think I love you!

Of course I had a bunch of things to do this afternoon but now I'm watching Dr. Who!

My DDs will kill me if they find out. And of course DH had to go take a phone call from work just as the episode started. ARGH!

I just cannot get into the new Doctor, he just is all wrong, as wrong as Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker. It took me a while to get used to Tom Baker after Jon Pertwee but I not like this time - that took a few episodes but this has been two seasons, or is it three? The last time I quit watching entirely was when McCoy was on.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Check out Redbubble.com for Whovian stickers of all flavors

I've been a Whovian since...um...birth LOVE this season that is in progress...but SPOILERS!

We have the first season with the newest Doctor and it took a while until I could even start to enjoy it. David Tennant was the Doctor in our thinking, he was perfect at it. I guess we may break down and get the following seasons as they are available for sale because it is such a good show.

Really? I fell in love with Dr. Who during the Tom Baker years. There have been some I liked more and some less but I usually found the show watchable if not unmissable. I admit I hadn't watched in years.

It was my youngest who rediscovered The Doctor at a friend's house and started watching on Netflix. My husband and I were skeptical (we knew we were perfect for each other when we bonded over Star Trek & Dr. Who) but once we watched a few episodes with her we were hooked. I wasn't sure I'd like the "modern" Doctors but so far I've enjoyed them.

I've learned to love all the doctors although some have taken more time than others. Tennant falls into one of my all time favorites.

lcw I have spent many many hours in front of my computer watching and rewatching Dr Who with my hubby glaring at me lol.
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

I have to give Tennant and Pertwee a tie for favourite Doctor and both were damnedably hard acts to follow. Tennant brought back the touch of whimsy that Pertwee had, and even Hartnell to some extent (yes, my watching goes back that far: Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, Tom Baker, Davisson, Colin Baker, then the dreadful Sylvester McCoy, whom I couldn't watch). Some of the intervening Doctors were unavailable here, until Eccleston came along and I loved his version as well. I hate to say it, but this newest Doctor makes even Davisson's bland version look exciting to watch, no aspersions on Davisson, I liked him immensly in All Creatures and Law & Order: UK. All in all, I imagine it boils down to ones personal tastes.

But please, someone let me know when John Simm returns as the Master, the best Master since the long gone Roger delGado.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

JLMet, DH and I just watched the first episode of the new season. I wanted to keep going but then we felt guilty because the girls will want to watch them all too. Well, DH felt guilty ... he's the nice parent.