The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thumbs down It's cool to show our genitals at Evergreen State College

Or at least that's what the college officials say. Transgender woman lets it all hang out (all the male bits) in front of female minors in the locker room and it's just a-okay.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/tran...er-room/nSWT4/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...n-locker-room/

Man, sometimes ya gotta wonder. I don't care what people do but when it affects others, big no no in my book. We don't need male "junk" hanging out around female "junk". Wow! My state takes the cake, ya know that???
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

6 members found this post helpful.

My goodness next thing you know, coed dorms and blacks and whites living in harmony. Get over it, the future is inclusiveness and equality. I'd rather they be safe in the women's locker room than have them beaten to death by bullies in the boys locker room. And btw they aren't minors, if they're in college..

19 members found this post helpful.

If your kids aren't comfortable around a transgender woman, the fact that she's pre-op and using a women's locker room is THE LEAST of your worries.

13 members found this post helpful.

I don't have any issue with the woman. And, before y'all start in with the hopped up crazy, I know her. Yes, I know her. She works where I used to and I was one who helped to accommodate her with our bathroom policy (she wished to use the female one). No biggie there (at least to me).

However! I do not think males and females need to be hanging out their genitals especially with minors around. Otherwise, why not just have coed locker rooms.

Answer me. Then why not just have coed locker rooms at public schools ???
    The Knotted Pony

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoonlady View Post
    My goodness next thing you know, coed dorms and blacks and whites living in harmony. Get over it, the future is inclusiveness and equality. I'd rather they be safe in the women's locker room than have them beaten to death by bullies in the boys locker room. And btw they aren't minors, if they're in college..
    If you read the article, the girls high school uses it. Please know what you are saying
    The Knotted Pony

2 members found this post helpful.

It did say that the complaints were made by those connected with the "2 high school swim teams" that also use the facility. I can understand both sides of this. Transgenders shouldn't have to worry about discrimination, but minors also shouldn't have to look at their (or anyone's) junk.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post

Answer me. Then why not just have coed locker rooms at public schools ???
    Because a transgender woman is different than a man. She identifies as a woman; while she may not have had extensive surgery to align how she identifies and how she was born (neither a "choice" she could make), in my books, she's a woman.

Worry about teaching your kids about equality. Worry about teaching your kids to be accepting. Don't worry, *gasp!* about a penis.

7 members found this post helpful.

Aren't all girls going to see a penis someday anyways?
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    It did say that the complaints were made by those connected with the "2 high school swim teams" that also use the facility. I can understand both sides of this. Transgenders shouldn't have to worry about discrimination, but minors also shouldn't have to look at their (or anyone's) junk.
    And locker rooms don't have to be hang outs. Go in, change, and come out. I promise, a high school girl is not going to be permanently scarred by seeing a naked pre-op transgender woman.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by over the moon View Post
    Because a transgender woman is different than a man. She identifies as a woman; while she may not have had extensive surgery to align how she identifies and how she was born (neither a "choice" she could make), in my books, she's a woman.

Worry about teaching your kids about equality. Worry about teaching your kids to be accepting. Don't worry, *gasp!* about a penis.
    She's a woman to me too-but I don't want her penis hanging out all over my after-workout shower. And I'll tell her that next time I see her. Equality and tolerance go both ways, toots. Neither should be made to feel uncomfortable.
    The Knotted Pony

16 members found this post helpful.

She's a woman to me too-but I don't want her penis hanging out all over my after-workout shower. And I'll tell her that next time I see her. Equality and tolerance go both ways, toots. Neither should be made to feel uncomfortable.
    So what is your solution? You don't want to "feel uncomfortable" by being in the mere presence of a possibly nude transgender woman, so she should what... be forced to change elsewhere?

Sorry if I'm a bit more concerned with her being treated fairly than someone else not being mature or accepting enough to realize that's it not really a big deal to share the same locker space.

IMO if someone has that big of a problem, THEY should be the ones going off into a separate space.

12 members found this post helpful.

So because YOU don't want to be uncomfortable, she shouldn't be allowed to shower? She should have to move HER shower time around, and screw around with HER schedule, because some people aren't mature enough to deal with the fact that what's between her legs isn't the same as theirs? I'm sorry, but that is demonstrating neither equality nor tolerance.

If you don't like it, DON'T STARE.

14 members found this post helpful.

Not only the girls high school but a young girl's swim team as well. I would be severely disturbed by this and not because he wants to be a she but because she is hanging out her manly bits in front of 6 year old children.

13 members found this post helpful.

She's a woman to me too-but I don't want her penis hanging out all over my after-workout shower.
    Uhm, then just don't stare at it. I can't imagine sweaty post-workout vaginas hanging out in the locker room are really any more appealing, and it's not like she's running up to mushroom print your forehead or anything, right?
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

15 members found this post helpful.

Don't accuse me of staring, there "reading things into this that don't exist" big red.

I don't go to the gym. As the locker rooms are clearly labeled male and female, the one who has different equipment or is pre-op should take measure to cover up. The majority have girl parts, those with male parts can go behind a curtain.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. And will tell the person in question it too Over coffee downtown or maybe at Jakes, we'll see.
    The Knotted Pony

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceWife View Post
    Not only the girls high school but a young girl's swim team as well. I would be severely disturbed by this and not because he wants to be a she but because she is hanging out her manly bits in front of 6 year old children.
    I'm not sure I know any young children who haven't seen their father naked.

Furthermore, what an ideal time to start teaching our kids about equality, about acceptance and tolerance, about all of us being different. Maybe if they can learn that lesson at a young age, we won't have so many grown adults complaining about something like this in the future.

9 members found this post helpful.

I do have a teenaged daughter and although we are not very modest around the house, my own daughter would likely not be comfortable. I think consideration of children is always important not so much the transgendered when in this situation.

8 members found this post helpful.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. And will tell the person in question it too Over coffee downtown or maybe at Jakes, we'll see.
    And how grateful she should be to have such a wonderful friend to take her out and tell her their unsolicited opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I do have a teenaged daughter and although we are not very modest around the house, my own daughter would likely not be comfortable. I think consideration of children is always important not so much the transgendered when in this situation.
    Would you not want your child to get over her discomfort? Transgender men and women aren't going away. Instead of shielding her from some facts of life, why not give her the opportunity to come to terms with such things?

Don't accuse me of staring, there "reading things into this that don't exist" big red.

I don't go to the gym. As the locker rooms are clearly labeled male and female, the one who has different equipment or is pre-op should take measure to cover up. The majority have girl parts, those with male parts can go behind a curtain.

It was more of a general statement than directed at you, but take it as you will. Also, the way you wrote that doesn't make sense. But I digress.

And you are obviously missing the point of equality. There is nothing sexual about that setting. And there is nothing equal about forcing someone who is different to cover up because, again, some people are neither mature nor respectful enough to mind their own business. If some kids are curious, it's a teaching moment. Explain to the little girl(s) that there are all kinds of gender identities. Foster accepting, open minds. Forcing the person behind a curtain just perpetuates the inequality and does nothing but make them feel like sh!t, and teach the girls that the solution to when they're uncomfortable, hey, screw the "other."

Suuuper accepting.

ETA: Also, please don't be surprised if said woman wants nothing to do with you after your chat with her. It's always disappointing when one thinks someone is a friend, then they show their true colors.