The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey Octobergirl, where did you get your Brit Colts? I love my Muck Artics, I bet I would like riding in the Brits.

I wanted a pair of tall, fleece-lined boots, that flex at the ankle, that I can wear around the barn and then hop on and ride without changing first. Tuff Rider Tundra boots are not terribly high quality, but they are all of the above for $80,and I'm really happy with them so far. Zero break in time and comfortable on the ground and in the saddle. I hope they last, but I'll buy another pair when they wear out.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

So many choices, so little money to buy all of those rec'ds

I actually got my sergios a foot size larger so I could hunt in them with thick socks & toe Warmers & thanks to an ingenious mind at The Tack Box in middleburg, put in a pair of ariat inserts which basically makes them perfect for summer. But they are too pretty for routine pac nw yucky weather when I'm not competing, in a clinic or hunting.
    And the wise, Jack Daniels drinking, slow-truck-driving, veteran TB handler who took "no shit from no hoss Miss L, y'hear," said: "She aint wrapped too tight."

I've had the TuffRider Winter Riding Boot for a month now, doing 6+ hours of barn chores on Sundays plus riding 4 days a week, and I love them. So much less bulk than my previous Mountain Horses, waterproof and synthetic enough to tromp through water and mud up over my ankles, and super warm even down to the 20's. I don't even notice them while riding, they feel like any other tall boot. Plus, only $98 and they have 4.5 stars after 63 Smartpak reviews.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/tuff-rider-winter-riding-boot-5655p.aspx?cm_vc=Search

Another vote for the dafna blizzard boots. Best 50.00 I ever spent! I have very wide calves, and the size nine has plenty of room. I ride in them all fall clear through spring.

I have 6 or 7 year old Mountain Horse Rimfrost boots. Most people find them bulky but once they were broken in I LOVE them. I do all my barn chores and winter riding in them. I Googled them to get a link and found out that Mountain Horse now has all sorts of different styles - some which are much, much less bulky. Just another idea!

http://equestrian.doversaddlery.com/...Winter%20Boots