The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Hunter? Really? You have secret knowledge of everything Obama does and all of the behind the scenes action?

Vegas? Really? Remember the journalists comedy dinner WHILE they took out Bin Laden? Seems like a better strategy to really get something done by not telling the whole world, even though sending in the troops and starting a war LOOKS really cool and strong.
    beentheredonethat,
    You don't know what you are talking about. You make NO sense at all. These facts on the Libya attack have been out for a long time, get up to speed please.

This thread is about Obamas utter failure to act like the Commander in Chief re the Benghazi terrorist attack.
    Last edited by Noms; Nov. 2, 2012 at 12:42 AM.

4 members found this post helpful.

So, getting back to the topic at hand, unmailed letters were found in the rubble of the consulate, signed by Amb Stevens, dated Sept 11, saying that they were being watched by the Libyan police and they were fearful of an atack .. Yowsa!!!!

The Liban govt was in on it and the Obama administration did nothing!!

3 members found this post helpful.

Hunter? Really? You have secret knowledge of everything Obama does and all of the behind the scenes action?
    Beenthere, it is public knowledge that obama and hillary did nothing while the U.S. Embassy was under attack. And yes, he did fly off to Vegas, again, public knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    So, getting back to the topic at hand, unmailed letters were found in the rubble of the consulate, signed by Amb Stevens, dated Sept 11, saying that they were being watched by the Libyan police and they were fearful of an atack .. Yowsa!!!!

The Liban govt was in on it and the Obama administration did nothing!!
    Quite sickening isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    Quite sickening isn't it?

President Obama is digusting.

SO glad you guys have PUBLIC knowledge that NOTHING was done. You in the SS? Intel? You know, with these things, everything is SO obvious right off the bat, you know, like the 9/11 attacks were done by Iraqis, er, Saudi Arabians, er, Afghanis?

You know what is really sickening? Making $10 million off the auto bailout, hiding it through Bain capital, then bitching about the bailouts. Bitching about jobs going overseas, and destroying an Illinois town so Bain capital can make more money. Oh yeah, and thinking YOU are the only one who doesn't have to release your tax returns.

2 members found this post helpful.

SO glad you guys have PUBLIC knowledge that NOTHING was done. You in the SS? Intel? You know, with these things, everything is SO obvious right off the bat, you know, like the 9/11 attacks were done by Iraqis, er, Saudi Arabians, er, Afghanis?

You know what is really sickening? Making $10 million off the auto bailout, hiding it through Bain capital, then bitching about the bailouts. Bitching about jobs going overseas, and destroying an Illinois town so Bain capital can make more money. Oh yeah, and thinking YOU are the only one who doesn't have to release your tax returns.
    I bet you the families of the 4 Americans killed in Benghazi would disagree with you about what is really sickening!!!!!!!!

I bet you have no idea what you're talking about and being hysterical!!!!! I'd bet if I were a family member, I would want a thoughtful, thorough investigation done and the resolution not have a bunch of casualties around instead of making it a publicity stunt. THAT is sickening!!!!!!

It's tough for me to understand these sorts of threads. On another thread, an American COTHer asked about buying a gun. The overwhelming response was, "get one!" When I brought up some statistics about gun-related deaths, they weren't too welcome.

Yet here on this thread, what I find difficult to understand is the outrage over the death of four US citizens.

All I can think about is, where is the outrage for the foreign civilians that have died in US-led attacks on various countries in the past 22 years (that I've been paying attention). How many US citizens died today in car crashes, homicides, etc. And what is the government doing about that? (Or where is the criticism for what the government isn't doing?)

These stats are outdated (2005), but good enough for me: 40,000 US citizens die per year in the US in car crashes. That's about 110 people per day.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2008/9), the number of firearm homicides is 11,493 per year in the US. So, roughly 31 people per day.

That's 31 US citizens (I'll assume they're mostly US citizens) per day killed on US soil by guns.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal View Post
    It's tough for me to understand these sorts of threads. On another thread, an American COTHer asked about buying a gun. The overwhelming response was, "get one!" When I brought up some statistics about gun-related deaths, they weren't too welcome.

Yet here on this thread, what I find difficult to understand is the outrage over the death of four US citizens.

All I can think about is, where is the outrage for the foreign civilians that have died in US-led attacks on various countries in the past 22 years (that I've been paying attention). How many US citizens died today in car crashes, homicides, etc. And what is the government doing about that? (Or where is the criticism for what the government isn't doing?)

These stats are outdated (2005), but good enough for me: 40,000 US citizens die per year in the US in car crashes. That's about 110 people per day.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2008/9), the number of firearm homicides is 11,493 per year in the US. So, roughly 31 people per day.

That's 31 US citizens (I'll assume they're mostly US citizens) per day killed on US soil by guns.
    Apples and bananas.

The outcry is not because of the ones that lost lives only, but it seems that they were left in harms way when they kept asking for help and again not helped when the crisis happened, courtesy of some mismanagement in that situation, the details maybe not as clear quite yet.

Great response Bluey. I think you've covered most of the topic in saying "the details maybe not as clear quite yet."
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    My understanding is that the American Embassy in ANY country, while owned by the host nation (our embassy in any other country is NOT "American soil"), is under the rules of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic something or other that stipulates host nation may NOT enter an embassy unless give permission. If that is incorrect, I'm sure someone can correct me.

If that IS true, as I believe it is, then why have we not responded AT ALL to the tragedy in Benghazi? 4 US citizens, including the ambassador, were KILLED during an unprovoked attack on the embassy by citizens of the host nation... breaking international law... and NOTHING has been done in response. WTF?

For the record I'm NOT suggesting to carpet bomb the country. But SOME response (diplomatic or military) should have happened within days, shouldn't it? Regardless of the reason -- whether the attack was a protest response to a privately funded movie (the stupidest reason ever) or if it was, as is now rumored, terrorist initiated -- it doesn't matter.

I don't see anyone asking this question either... which is almost as disturbing. As someone who enjoys international travel (though I don't get to do it often), a lack of ANY response is really a little unnerving.

Anyone know what is going on or why? Do I have things wrong? Am I lacking information? I'll be the first to admit that this close to the election, when I have the RNC and DNC calling my house 10 times/day (minimum... those are just the ones that leave messages), I tend to tune out "news" but I still haven't seen anything that suggests the President or Congress or even SoS has made ANY kind of direct response to the killings that happened in Libya.
    Did you see the birth certificates of the attackers so that you know they were citizens?

Just curious how you know nothing is being done?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    obama's failure to respond simply sends the enemy (Al Quaeda) the message that we are a weak nation without #alls...

Plus for political re-election reasons, he's not going to retaliate the torture, and murders of four American's including a U.S. Ambassador.

It might hurt "His" campaign and to hell with anyone else, including the poor parent's of the soldiers who were killed. Even they aren't getting information as to what exactly happened.

The 3:00 am wake up call? Fly to Vegas, of course....

I don't know how obama or hillary can sleep at night, knowing full well they denied extra security for the U.S. Ambassador and also wouldn't send in troops that where in Tripoli, despite pleas for help as they were under attack. Sickening.....
    beentheredonethat,
    You don't know what you are talking about. You make NO sense at all. These facts on the Libya attack have been out for a long time, get up to speed please.

This thread is about Obamas utter failure to act like the Commander in Chief re the Benghazi terrorist attack.
    You should both should read this, you might learn something

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    A little more info about Benghazi...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...a24_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    You should both should read this, you might learn something
    Oh please, that Washington Post story which was Publ Nov 1 is old news. Fox has had this story on the front page for weeks.

The mainsleaze media is just now hopping on the bandwagon after ignoring this story since Sept 11.

1 members found this post helpful.

Mainsleaze? Wow. Classy AND mature.

More "old news" published today. ??????? Guess Faux News has insiders in the CIA who know all. Sounds like a "real" "news" organization.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...uick-response/

Mainsleaze? Wow. Classy AND mature.

More "old news" published today. ??????? Guess Faux News has insiders in the CIA who know all. Sounds like a "real" "news" organization.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...uick-response/
    Omfg, really you need to quit because your lack of any knowledge about anything is stunning.

I know. Seriously. And your stunning understanding and clairvoyance is just . . . amazing. Make sure you say something super duper mature like libtard or Obummer--that would help.

1 members found this post helpful.

I love how when we questioned then President Bush's actions after 9/11 we were called unpatriotic and un-American, but supporting Obama's decisions about a terrorist attack gets us basically the same treatment from the same people (but it isn't un-American or unpatriotic). Oh I get it.

If Bush were impeached for the things he admitted to and did openly he'd have been impeached four times over. Obama is questioned on EVERYTHING he does and for all the things he is supposed to be (Muslim, not born in the US etc) but isn't and you want him impeached. It's more than hypocritical to say how wrong it was to attack Bush (for anything basically but especially questioning his actions or non actions as the case may have been) but Obama is dragged through the mud for things he never was, never did and isn't. Why is that do you think..I think I know.

Obama and his foreign policy have been put the test again and again because nearly every Islamic country hates us as a nation for the actions of the previous President, but now Benghazi is all Obama's fault. Why can't those who want him out just say what it is really about?

Oh please, that Washington Post story which was Publ Nov 1 is old news. Fox has had this story on the front page for weeks.

The mainsleaze media is just now hopping on the bandwagon after ignoring this story since Sept 11.
    if it is old news, why doesn't it support the story you all have been screaming....no support, stopped rescue etc.......

Here's a pretty good summary of things to date:
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/..._benghazi.html

To date, the compound is still not secured. CNN news walked through 4 days
    afterward and found Amb. Stevens personal diary. The FBI didn't show up for
    3 weeks. Later, more news people went through and found a ton of documents
    unsecured. http://www.theatlanticwire.com/globa...enghazi/58611/

And yes, during the Libyan War on whatever you want to call it, the US did send
    a variety of airplanes, not just drones. We spent billions..some of those missles
    are $500K a pop. We lost one fighter over Libyan soil but the two crewmen ejected and locals got them back into American hands. Gadaffi wasn't a threat to the US. He saw the light after the fall of Saddam and turned over his WMD's,
    was supplying intel to us and had little use for jhadi types. He was actually working to improve the lives of the people education wise, food wise (huge river
    project to bring water to barren areas.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_838076.html

This incident and so called explanations does not pass the sniff test. If Bush was the president, don't you think the media would have been on this 24/7 since
    September 12?

Two days after Libya, the Taliban breached a big US base in Afghanistan, killing
    two and destroying 7 Marine Harrier Jets along with a bunch of other stuff. They
    basically cut their way through the permiter fence and were wearing American
    uniforms. Afghan locals provide much of the base's security...WTH? And for months, Afghan forces have been turning on their US trainers and killing them.
    Google "Camp Bastion attack"--there wasn't a lot of coverage of this.
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!