The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Things You DO Like About New Format ~

I LOVE that we can jump to "first unread post" from the forum page.

I like the different color is New Posts Added/Thread-Unread thing, but wish it wasn't RED. I think GREY would work better; the time color could be switched from grey to GREEN. Or some other color.

What else do people like about the new formatting ?

Anyone?

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

I like the larger icons on the left, and I think that it's great that they instituted the much requested thumbs up.... I think it will shorten some threads by 1/2 when there aren't 10 posts quoting and saying "THIS!!!!!!"

I have yet to form a firm opinion on the "thumbs down", but I can see the good and the bad possibilities in it.

And I love the auto-save in the reply box; I haven't lost a partially written reply yet!

I love that I can post from my Windows Phone now. I like the formatting on the quick reply. We have AutoSave now, and new smilies. I can click on someone's name, and then go to their most recent posts, without having to go to their profile. I can like a post now - though I wish it wasn't anonymous - and see who has viewed our profile. The tags make it easy to search, and I love how at the bottom of the thread, there is a short list of "similar posts".

I personally love the new format!

I actually love that since it is now so difficult to read, I will be spending a less time on here and have more time to ride. Blessing in disguise, really.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nasalberry View Post
    I LOVE that we can jump to "first unread post" from the forum page.
    Haven't you always been able to do that?

Like the list of related posts at the bottom of the page.

Can't figure out though how to get to the last post on a thread - keep ending up on people's profiles - don't want them to think I am stalking them

Quote Originally Posted by KnKShowmom View Post
    Can't figure out though how to get to the last post on a thread - keep ending up on people's profiles - don't want them to think I am stalking them
    There is a blue box with an arrow in it over on the right side by the post count and such. If it shows. In many cases (on my computer) it seems to be covered by a white void. But that is where it is when I can see it.

I like the thumbs up/thumbs down, but I'm a FB addict

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Haven't you always been able to do that?
    It has never worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KnKShowmom View Post
    ... Can't figure out though how to get to the last post on a thread - keep ending up on people's profiles - don't want them to think I am stalking them
    The downwards-pointing blue arrows in upper left part of any thread's title - beside and to the right of the "envelopes."

I like that the Original Poster is now identified throughout a thread. It will make life so much easier - no more clicking back to the first page on multi page threads.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nasalberry View Post
    The downwards-pointing blue arrows in upper left part of any thread's title - beside and to the right of the "envelopes."
    That takes you to the last read post, not the actual last post.

Quote Originally Posted by lcw579 View Post
    I like that the Original Poster is now identified throughout a thread. It will make life so much easier - no more clicking back to the first page on multi page threads.
    Oh cool. I had not noticed that. Very cool. Thank you for pointing that out.

Where do you see the OP? I am not finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    That takes you to the last read post, not the actual last post.
    Correct! I mistakenly read that question as 'where is last unread post', instead of 'last post'.

I like that the date the thread started is listed so you can see it without clicking on the thread. That way I know if something is five years old or new.

4 members found this post helpful.

I also like that it tells who the OP is throughout the thread, and that it has the threads start date. And the thumbs up/down. Haven't gotten to check it out too much, been without power and my phone has been veeeeery sloooooow.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

THANK YOU SO MUCH for changing the red to bold black!!!! So much easier on the eyes and still visible enough!!
    Ok now, things I like....
    -That you can see the OP
    -That you can easily see the date & time of OP but without it being obnoxious
    -That you can see the number of pages through to the final number instead of just 1,2,3...

Things I don't like...
    -I swear the ads are wider, but I'm still prepared to believe its just me. And the floaters are GONE so I'm not really complaining.
    -Appreciate button, but at least its discreet.
    -With the new notifications thing, how do we figure out if we have a PM? I haven't got one since the upgrade so have not yet worked this out.

Overall since the awful red font has gone and the floaters have gone I am a happy camper again, and back to using COTH as a procrastination method....thank you Mods for listening to us!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

3 members found this post helpful.

I don't fully understand where under your name when you sign in, or at the top of the page it says "Notifications". Click on it and it says "12 helpful post ratings." How do you know exactly, which posts it is referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    I don't fully understand where under your name when you sign in, or at the top of the page it says "Notifications". Click on it and it says "12 helpful post ratings." How do you know exactly, which posts it is referring to?
    If you click on the "helpful post" it will take you to a list (they are numbers) and if you click on one, it will take you to a post that someone gave the thumb to.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

2 members found this post helpful.