The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Has anyone bought these boots before?

anyone boought these before. i know they are dubary knockoffs but its just so hard for me to fork over all that money!
    http://www.doversaddlery.com/middleb...re=viewbuyrec/

I don't have the middleburg ones, but I did get the Dublin River Boots...4 years ago. I practically live in them during fall, winter, and during rainy days in the summer. I don't wear them to the barn, but do wear them to work. Still going strong and definitely waterproof. The only reason I'm contemplating getting new ones is that I somehow scuffed the whole top of the foot so that looks a little weird now.

For my next ones, I want to lace up ones, or these Ovation ones b/c they are just pretty: http://www.englishhabit.com/ovation-...ntry-boot.aspx
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

I recently got a pair and I love them! SO warm and comfortable.

If I wasn't slightly afraid of wearing them out (my last two pairs of winter boots in different brands wore out over one winter each) I would wear them all the time. I may anyway since they were not too terribly expensive. I like that they are warm but I don't get hot in them either. I haven't tried putting my spurs on them yet but I think they will fit ok. They were tall enough for me that I can ride in them and the tops don't catch on my saddle flap (the Dublin versions are shorter....no idea why).

I have been pleasantly surprised at how practical and comfortable they are. Hopefully they are durable but can't speak to that part yet.
    My blog:

RAWR

I have them! The foot bed runs a little large if I remember correctly. They're really comfortable and warm. I ordered larger than I needed or should have because I thought id wear thick socks in them, but never have so far (then again I'm in Georgia so our cold weather isn't brutal, despite how i may fuss!)
    I love changing into them after riding in the fall/winter for running errands. You can ride in them if you don't have a super narrow stirrup, but I'm overly picky about what boots/half chaps I ride in (easily distracted by new boots/socks, etc).
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

I went to a Dover store to check them out and asked how they compared to the Dublin River Boots. The sales girl (who also owns and likes the Dublins) said she's heard from customers that the Middleburgs weren't as well made as the Dublins in terms of materials, stitching, and waterproofing.

I was lucky enough to get a pair of the Dublins for less than the Middleburgs price at a closeout I was impressed with how well they fit me (90% of tall boots don't fit me off the rack because of my short/wide calves) and how quickly they broke in. You can get them cheaply on ebay too.
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/

I bought the Dublin Pinnacle Boots and love them:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/dublin-...nkm1551ilrkr45

1 members found this post helpful.

I have a pair... LOVE them.

I chose them over the Dublins because I thought they looked more like Dubarrys (which I just cannot afford!!) They are going into their second winter (which is turning out to be colder and muddier than last), and still look great. I am very happy with them.

The foot does run big/wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramapony_misty View Post
    I don't have the middleburg ones, but I did get the Dublin River Boots...4 years ago. I practically live in them during fall, winter, and during rainy days in the summer. I don't wear them to the barn, but do wear them to work. Still going strong and definitely waterproof. The only reason I'm contemplating getting new ones is that I somehow scuffed the whole top of the foot so that looks a little weird now.

For my next ones, I want to lace up ones, or these Ovation ones b/c they are just pretty: http://www.englishhabit.com/ovation-...ntry-boot.aspx
    I can't speak to the Middleburg ones, but I too have the Dublins knockoffs of Dubarrys. They're warm and comfortable, and quite a few people have thought they were the real deal. I've worn them to slosh out into the Yellowstone River, and to hike in. They run a big large, but are great with padded hiking socks. I find them not great for riding in (they're a bit short, and the foot is a big large), but I have gotten on and hacked around in them when I didn't feel like changing into regular riding boots.

I've got the Dublin ones because I found them on closeout. I tend to LOVE Dover's Middleburg boots (have their field boots, that just won't die no matter how hard I seem to try and kill them), so though I've not tried their Dubarry knock off, I'd think they'd be decent! A lot depends on what fits your foot best

I just got a pair of these from Dover. I ordered my size 8.5 and unfortunately my feet are swimming in them. Trying to decide if I just send them back for a refund, send them back for a replacement smaller size 8, or send them back and go with another brand like the Dublin's. I love the look of the boot. Haven't managed to wear them out and about yet
    The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire. ~Sharon Ralls Lemon