The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Damn, Zappos...

I bought wellies from a local store on Tuesday, but they didn't have the welly warmers I wanted in my size. Found them on Zappos.com on sale, with free next day shipping. Ordered them late Tuesday afternoon; they arrived yesterday morning. I knew it was "next day," but I didn't really believe they would actually get there in less than 24 hours.

Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that Zappos also had the exact pair of boots I've been craving for ages, on sale. I ordered them, but wished I had ordered them when I ordered the welly warmers, because these came with just ordinary free shipping (3-5 days). Oh well; ordered them anyway, I can wait a couple days. An hour later they sent me the UPS tracking number. Checked it this morning and the boots are already out on a truck for delivery to me today. Again, within 24 hours. From Kentucky to Buffalo, NY.

Holy crap. It is really good that I tapped out my budget on these boots because this kind of instant gratification is really not healthy for me...

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Aren't they great?
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I.love.Zappos!! I am considered "VIP" and giggle when I see the confetti after I log into my account.
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

I too love Zappos.

I have my eye on some shiney Hunter Huntress boots which should fit my mega calves AND allow me to tuck in my pantlegs.

Love the free shipping and free returns. Make life so much easier here in my retail dead-zone.
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

They gave me a VIP code... I want to accept it but am afraid it will lead me into temptation... but now you said there's confetti, so I may do it anyway.

SmartAlex, the Hunter wellies (standard) are the ones I got Tuesday. I have gone through so many pairs of cheap wellies that fall apart or leak and wanted to finally splurge on a pair that should make it through a Buffalo winter. I am in love with mine already, and the welly warmers are awesome...

I'm convinced that Zappos is run by a group of fairy elves that sprinkle fairy dust on the shoes and magic them to my doorstep. It's the only logical explanation I can come up with to explain how fast they get me my shoes.

I once read an article about the top 10 places in the country to work based on happy employees. According to said article Zappos was #1. Every month, every employee gets a certain amount of bonus money to gift upon another co-worker to thank them for something. In addition, all employees vote on an "employee of the month" - said employee of the month is given a special parking space, a ticker-tape parade, and a cape.

2 members found this post helpful.

Is it sad to say that I have never once logged onto Zappos or purchased from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I'm convinced that Zappos is run by a group of fairy elves that sprinkle fairy dust on the shoes and magic them to my doorstep. It's the only logical explanation I can come up with to explain how fast they get me my shoes.

I once read an article about the top 10 places in the country to work based on happy employees. According to said article Zappos was #1. Every month, every employee gets a certain amount of bonus money to gift upon another co-worker to thank them for something. In addition, all employees vote on an "employee of the month" - said employee of the month is given a special parking space, a ticker-tape parade, and a cape.
    That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post

I completely agree!! I had to actually call once to properly apply a credit and I swear there was a party going on in the background but the rep said it was like that every day. I wish I lived near them so I could work for them.
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    SmartAlex, the Hunter wellies (standard) are the ones I got Tuesday. I have gone through so many pairs of cheap wellies that fall apart or leak and wanted to finally splurge on a pair that should make it through a Buffalo winter. I am in love with mine already, and the welly warmers are awesome...
    Yes, Hunters are AWESOME! I finally had to give up wearing my standard ones two years ago when the calves finally got too tight. I think I had had them for at least 10 years, maybe 15. I passed them on to someone they fit, and they're still going strong.

I thought I would be happy with "cheap" wellies, but in two years I've worn out three pairs and they just aren't as nice even when they're new.
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

Count me in on a Zappos fan club. Dover could learn from them.

LoveLoveLoveLove Zappos. Hope they're making money, because their business model is a customer's dream.

I hate to say this but don't own and didn't even know what wellies were till i read this...whats so great about them? They are kinda expensive for socks?
    For things to do in Loudoun County, visit: www.365thingstodoloudoun.com

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    I hate to say this but don't own and didn't even know what wellies were till i read this...whats so great about them? They are kinda expensive for socks?

The wellies are the boots themselves... waterproof puddle-jumper types. The welly warmers are basically a sock liner for them. They are expensive, but they make the wellies useable for cold weather (rubber gets cold), so now I have boots I can wear in a summer rainstorm as well as in the snow. I also get annoyed by socks and jeans rubbing around in loose boots like wellies, so the welly-warmers seem like they're good for holding everything in place, like half chaps do.

Love Zappo's too, I also like 6pm, although some have had problems with it they have been wonderful to me, easy to exchange, and stuff always comes fast...although maybe not quite as fast as zappos! ;-)

Y'all got me all excited... no international shipping. Drats.

I love Zappos! My husband orders Christmas Uggs for my whole family every year (I have no idea why he started this tradition, but it goes without saying, my family loves it). Because he spends so much money, we are VIP, and they also sent us a copy of a the book that the owner of Zappos wrote about his life. It's actually a very good read and he is quite a fascinating person-he became rich, lost most of his money, and is rich again.

I am also a huge fan of Zappos, and also a VIP member. I love Zappos!

I was going to mention the book by the CEO too (MM beat me to it). The book is called "Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Profit".

I too adore zappos. If you have to make a return (i got a defective pair) they are great, and had a new pair to me before I could even get to the post office to send the original pair back.

I've been pouring over the zappos page looking at various show shoe options. I wish I had the $$ to go wild since it sounds like they are a dream to deal with. Oh well...maybe some time soon.