The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm so sorry. {{{Hugs}}} to you.

So sorry.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

I'm so sorry. 17 is just middle-aged for a Morgan. I suspect it was cancer of some kind. You did your best; don't beat yourself up.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

redsky,

How terrible for you, hugs and condolences. My heart goes out to you...

Not only did you do everything for him that you possibly could (and are clearly a very knowledgeable, caring and conscientious owner), but you honored him with your eloquent words, and with your heartfelt COTH eulogy. None of this makes it hurt any less or will heal your heart, of course.

However, he was quite a lucky horse to have had you in his life, and you were lucky to have had such a wonderful horse for 10 years; the tragedy being that it was *only* ten years

I am so sorry for your loss, try to hold onto those good memories, the shock and grief will fade in time, but the memories will remain. He sounds like he was "one of a kind", and will be terribly missed. Really, words are inadequate...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Condolences
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

So sorry for your loss. There is never a good time and we are never ready. Remember the good times.
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

Jingles to you and know that you are a wonderful horse person with a big heart. Pay it forward to the next animal that needs your love.

I am so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself...
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

I am so sorry. Your eulogy made me cry! Please tell us his name and if you can, post a link to a picture.

It will take a while for the pain to decrease, but it will.

Don't cry because it is over... smile because it happened!

I am sorry for your loss. I know it must be rough to lose him like that. My old guy (25) passed this summer, but I knew he was dying (presumed cancer) and had made plans to let him go.

I'm so sorry.

*jingles*
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzywriter View Post
    My saddle fits perfectly well. It might be a little tight around the waist, but I take care of that with those spandex things.

Very sad update. I'm so sorry for your loss

I lost a heart dog several years ago to splenic cancer. He had lost some weight, but didn't seem to be ill or "off" in any other way. Because it was during the melamine scare and he was eating a recalled food, I took him in to the vet for food trials. They called me an hour later to ask if they should put him down for me. I was shocked since he was only 8 and his usual energetic self on the way, but the vet thought that the process of jumping out of my car ruptured his spleen. He went from "healthy dog" (with maybe an eating issue?) to dead in 2 hours. It was heartbreaking and devastating and so horribly sudden. But I cherish the memories I have of him and in a way I am so grateful that he gave me the gift of passing away so suddenly and not leaving me with the "is it time now? How about now?" decision. But of course a sudden passing isn't any easier for your heart. I'm very sorry for the loss of your special boy.

I am so sorry. It always breaks my heart when I read something like this because you so clearly loved him and you did everything you possibly could have. He obviously had a wonderful life full of love, caring and comfort. That is much more than many animals ever get to experience. Hugs to you.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

How sad! I'm so sorry for the loss of your kind, sweet horse.

Thank you everyone for your kindness. There is nothing anyone can say that will make me feel better, but it is wonderful reading your kind and understanding words.

FalseImpressions, his name was Skyler, though the people who loved him called many names. To me he will always be my Skypony. He was only 14.1hh, but when he was under saddle people thought he was at least 15.0hh because he was such a presence. https://picasaweb.google.com/1012933...eat=directlink.

4 members found this post helpful.

It really hurts to loose those that are so dear to your heart. God speed Skyler.

RIP Skyler and HUGS to you.
    friend of bar*ka

I am so very sorry for your loss. RIP Skyler.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your gelding. You did right by him.

What an adorable pony he was redsky, and you're right, nothing we say can make things better again. The grief from loosing a pet can be worse than loosing a relative - as they say we can't pick our relatives They're finding that more and more people attend the grief classes for pets than humans. Take care.