The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default what's the stuff you put under xc boots?

i've seen this on a few U/L horses this year, and I have no idea what it is. I am guessing the purpose is to add some concussive quality and reduce rubbing from boots. curious minds want to know

here is a pic of mark todd's cic** horse from pau:

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...68699386_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by raave05 View Post
    i've seen this on a few U/L horses this year, and I have no idea what it is. I am guessing the purpose is to add some concussive quality and reduce rubbing from boots. curious minds want to know

I think this is what you're talking about:

Tubi Grip
    You know you're a horse person when your mother, who has no grandchildren, gets cards addressed to Grandma, signed by the horses, cats, and dogs.

It is an old old eventer, match racer trick. I was taught this by a match racer using pantyhose or an old surgical sock.

it's tubi grip - comes in rolls and you can have it cut to length. can be pricey but can use it multiple times before it is all stretched out. it is also good for bandaging legs - holding things in place. i have used it under shipping boots - prevents any rubs and gives a bit more support.

Tubi Grip is essentially cast lining. If you have a medical supply store near you, you can get big rolls of it for way cheaper. I had a huge roll of it for years. I think we got arm sized stuff.

Bettina Hoy does a great video on how to put this on with the Kentucky Horse Boot. Too bad I can't find these boots in Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    Bettina Hoy does a great video on how to put this on with the Kentucky Horse Boot. Too bad I can't find these boots in Canada!
    thanks for the heads up on the youtube video. I was able to find it and you are right, it is great.

the only problem is that now i want those KER boots. that is a very compelling promotional video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_gQdRCM7Q

I sacrificed a pair of my boot socks once...last weekend I cut up some tights. I need to find a better solution Does the tubi grip come in different sizes? Need extra wide for the draft horse

thanks for the heads up on the youtube video. I was able to find it and you are right, it is great.

the only problem is that now i want those KER boots. that is a very compelling promotional video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_gQdRCM7Q

I bought a set but had to return them. Really NICE boots...I loved them, they ran small and didn't fit my two horses. I have a big TB mare and a TB/WB cross....they were just too short on their legs and just a touch too small. I really wish they came in more than one size.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

big boned or just big?? I have a big Tbd but he is sort of fine...I wouldn't want to waste my money!

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    big boned or just big?? I have a big Tbd but he is sort of fine...I wouldn't want to waste my money!
    The more significant issue that I had was that they were too short. I wouldn't say my horses have super long cannon bones but one horse is over 17H. Neither of my horses are super "big" boned but I wouldn't say they are fine boned either. Large woof boots behind are what they wear--it was the hind boots that were a touch too small but both front and back were too short. They would fit my new guy...who is 16.1 and more typical TB build.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

http://shop.equifit.net/products/pro...037336.0.0.0.0

isn't it the same thing as those??
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!