The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Catherine Haddad Staller - Welcome back to the USA!

I, for one, am excited to have Catherine back in the USA. Our barn is anticipating more clinics and watching her compete in Florida this winter. We will be following the blog -now signed off from Florida!- and can't wait to see what she will have to say about the state of dressage in Wellie-world!

6 members found this post helpful.

Me too!!!

Me too!! I LOVE her blog - she and Lauren Sprieser steal the show from the COTH bloggers.

2 members found this post helpful.

The most bizarre and cruel blog I havv ever seen regarding the stuffed cat. Please leave your broom elsewhere when you "jet" over to torture the next generation of victims, er students. So sorry Miami, you thought you escaped the storm.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I am personally very happy to see Mrs. Staller back in the states. She is an intelligent and dynamic rider and showman who can help attract audiences with her exciting freestyles. Her 25+ years of being in the trenches will help the entire US dressage team if they have open enough minds to consider her approach to training, financing and preparing.

Often there are polarized opinions about certain public figures, i.e. athletes, politicians and movies stars, but on this forum there tends to be a real split between the CHS fans and , um, detractors. I know I am biased as she was one of my first riding intructors and I always enjoyed her wicked sense of humor and extreme work ethic. I wonder why certain forum members are so against her and seem to attack not only her practical joke choices but her riding and training.
    Care to enlighten, anyone?
    bad decisions make good stories

I am definitely a fan of CHS, I think it's great that she's back in the US! Can't wait to hear about her experiences after being back for awhile.

I can't speak to others' opinions on her riding/training style but when it comes to practical jokes? Well that's easy... Some COTHers apparently possess that stereotypical DQ sense of humor (i.e. none)

1 members found this post helpful.

Another fan of CHS who's thrilled she's here in the USA again. I thought the Cat story was hysterical! But then again we don't mind talking about 'the terrible awful things' that can happen on the farm...whether it be physically at our farm or in another's barn. Laughter keeps us going!

3 members found this post helpful.

I thought the cat story and broom photo were hysterical. And I LOVE cats. I can appreciate a wicked sense of humor and would also love to audit a clinic of hers.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."