The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default BOT Quickwraps vs. No-bows

I have searched through the forums endlessly and can't seem to find any comments on these, so I apologize if I am repeating a thread.

I have an older gelding who stocks up behind and I'd like to try out some Back on Track wraps to see if they will help. I've never been a fan of pre-made wraps, but the quickwraps are tempting since they would save a good deal of time. Does anyone have experience with the quickwraps? How did you like them? Or should I stick with the tried and true no-bows?

I heart my BOT quick wraps I use them for my oldster who sometimes stocks up behind and has a creeky pastern when the ground is hard. They help him tremendously, his legs are always dry and tight the next day and his pastern feels great. My horse lives out 24/7 on a couple acres wearing the wraps over night and they stay put, don't shift, don't slide down, and don't fill with debris.

I love how easy they are to put on, how well they fit, how resilient they are to abuse. The pillows come off for easy washing and positioning.

I consider my BOT wraps, and stable sheet, an essential part of the overall system that keeps my 32yr old happily motoring around.
    healthywhitetea.com castingforrecovery.org
    Laugh it up fuzzball

Life, like all other games, becomes fun when one realizes that it's just a game – Nerijus Stasiulis

1 members found this post helpful.

I actually have both! I had purchased the No Bows for my younger gelding for over night shows. But found the quick wraps for only $20 (a pair) at a consignment store and snagged them up. I LOVE THEM. They are super easy to use and save a lot of time. My younger gelding is currently with a tendon injury and when I bring him in for a couple hours while riding two other horses Ill use the quick wraps and notice a big difference in his leg! I have also used them as wraps for in the trailer!

I had never planned on purchasing them, but really glad that I did!
    Forrest Gump, 14, OTTB
    Little Bit Indian, 26, TB

Owner of Spur of the Moment, Custom made spur straps! Find us on Facebook

1 members found this post helpful.