The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Canter Cutie looks like she came out of a Stubbs Painting

I think this pretty and feminine girl looks like a classic TB right out of a Stubbs Painting. The price is right and she looks like a good sort overall! Somebody must be looking for a new pony ;-)

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=342

2 members found this post helpful.

She does look lovely!

I'll go pick her up if someone wants her!
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Love that face!

Nice BIG girl!!!!!!!!!

This looks like a beautiful horse. Of course they all do. I am thinking of looking at this horse, can you experts critique her for me.

Thanks

The video isn't very appealing.

You can't tell anything from that video. She looks like a tight ampped up race horse.

You need to see her in person--if you like her, buy her and give her some time off and body work.

She has a nice shoulder and decent angles. If she is sound, there will be a decent mover in there. It may just take a little time to get it out. And given her very pretty face...she isn't hard to look at.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

1 members found this post helpful.

I Have called and left a message about her, but haven't heard back yet.

Yup BFNE...we were just pondering her...but reasoning over her age coming 7 for re-sale holds me back

It was appealing to me that she was not boxing with the clouds and minding her handler despite standing out in the open on a hill, right next to a race track, with a busy view of highway and all kinds of visual stimulation along with a beautiful day and still she turned, did not rear and buck. What a very lovely mare!
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    It was appealing to me that she was not boxing with the clouds and minding her handler despite standing out in the open on a hill, right next to a race track, with a busy view of highway and all kinds of visual stimulation along with a beautiful day and still she turned, did not rear and buck. What a very lovely mare!
    I must say you people are really very confusing. I don't find "well she didn't even try to kill the handler" to be an attractive attribute in a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    I must say you people are really very confusing. I don't find "well she didn't even try to kill the handler" to be an attractive attribute in a horse.
    I think the point that Calamber was trying to make is that this mare is a amped up racehorse in the middle of an extremely busy setting and despite the nice weather, all the feed she probably gets, all the energy she has and everything that is going on, she was very mindful to her handler. Which to me says a lot about her temperament.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    Would you rather see them trying to kill their handler

I think the point of the earlier poster was that she is a race horse, in a lively environment who might have been tight but was not a loon. My WB in that same environment would have been wild.

But I stand by my view that you can not judge the mare by that video...good or bad.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Someone needs to buy her and make a mom out of her.

Edit: Oops I meant to post this on the Artax filly thread!

The other filly (the Artax one on this forum) is more my type. Hope they both get nice homes.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

Ah, hell. My horse can't jog down the barn aisle sometimes without trying to be a jerk. She was far more mannerly than him! It doesn't help that her handler looks to be a bit timid to really run with her...and, she's a TB, still on the track. They aren't meant to trot...they're meant to GALLOP. The trot takes time to develop on most of them. Very few come off the track moving like Courageous Comet!

She's a looker. A little too big and fine for my taste (I thought she was 15.2ish before I saw she was actually 16.2!), but a stunner, nonetheless.

Just stumbled upon this thread, haven't been in this forum in a bit. I saw this mare last week on the site and thought she was just lovely. Still have my mind on her honestly = )

I would have been in Kentucky last weekend for a looksee if I only had a trailer = ) I told my husband it was a good thing we don't have a trailer yet or I would have taken a secret road trip and come home with a new horse. Want. I think she appeals to my saddlebred/arab background, haha.

I love a bay mare, and I love them to be more refined. I agree her video isn't super impressive as far as how she's moving, but I still love her look and would be willing to take a gamble depending on how she looks in person, haha. I mean, for $500, she'd at least be pretty to look at in the barn.

Someone in Texas with a trailer want to go on a roadtrip to KY?

Really, I'm totally in the market for a new prospect as of next spring, so it's only a few months early, right? Hubby will understand...

I think she is beautiful, and I really, really hope someone takes her, and gives her a good home.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

I went and saw this mare over the weekend. Sweetest thing ever in the stall! Complete cuddle bug, playing with the zipper on my sweater, and begging for scratches. We were joking she wanted to be in hollywood the way she was posing. Sticked her at a true 16.2 hh. Her ankles are quite large and knobby. The osslets are very visible on the lateral aspects of both front ankles, but she flexed without a problem and trotted off perfectly sound. Couldn't really assess movement for sport other than to say that she had a lot of suspension ;-) I'm looking for something I could turn around and resell, and I don't think i can take the risk on her, but I think she would be great for someone who is just looking for themselves, as her personality was to die for! Here are some more pics I took.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/t...khorses012.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/t...khorses003.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/t...khorses018.jpg

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/t...khorses014.jpg

I sent you a pm Chestnut. We are looking for a prospect for my YR daughter. She just retired her leased horse a couple weeks ago.