The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Who else hates the Honey Boo Boo show?

Like nails on a blackboard... I can't stand to see her or her family on any program, and am amazed that there are people that actually watch the show. It doesn't speak well for our society. That's going to be one screwed up kid in a few years...

6 members found this post helpful.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Oh dear gods, YES!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Like Call of the Wild man and the Kardashians, it's another example of the dumbing down of America.

4 members found this post helpful.

I find it embarrassing, to be honest. I don't watch it and I really hope it gets cancelled.

2 members found this post helpful.

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

*raises hand* Me! I think it's popular because people can feel superior to them, and feels righteous doing so, since they are so willing to put it out there.

I think her parents should be smacked for putting a child in that position; what happens when she realizes she's not loved by all, but ridiculed instead?

1 members found this post helpful.

The fact that the family is paid to behave like that is disgusting.

2 members found this post helpful.

I've only seen 15 minutes of one episode of that Horrible! Entire messed up family. The Call Of The Wildman..is that the same as Turtleman? WTH is that show supposed to be? Animal Planet's version of Jackass? Some moron scaring the crap out of animals and screeching...dumb as hell.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Is it bad that I have no idea what you're talking about?
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by ddashaq View Post
    I find it embarrassing, to be honest. I don't watch it and I really hope it gets cancelled.
    Same here! And I am no ove the top ladylike sort either but sheesh!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    Is it bad that I have no idea what you're talking about?
    No, that would be a good thing. I have heard of it but have not seen, nor do I plan on seeing a single episode.

I saw Honey Boo Boo and her Mama at the airport in LA. I am ashamed to admit that I even recognized them.

(And yes, I have watched the show and it's horrific - but I also find the family strangely endearing for some reason)

Haven't seen it.

How much dough are they making? Perhaps it's a fabulous gig for people who don't have other job skills.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

All I saw was sat. night live. Too funny, but no I have never watched the show.

They are apparently making money off of it, but not as much as you might expect because it's the first season. I believe the reality shows pay a lot more for additional seasons. And if you think they are quaint or cute, then don't read about the family's real background. There are some interesting criminal charges and other allegations that go back quite a few years according to the local newspapers here. And I don't find them that unusual from the rest of the kiddie pageant families that TLC and these other networks have on.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Unfortunately, it has been picked up for a 2nd season.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

I actually like the show. Granted, I think those pageants are horrible for the kids, but they are a strong family that love each other. They adore those kids and the dad lives even the kids that aren't his.

We get some good laughs from watching,but I don't feel superior to them or anyone.

Just because they aren't as educated, or attractive by Americas standards doesn't mean they are less deserving...

I think Jersey Shore, Kardashian, and that other reality horse crap is worse.

That's just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzywriter View Post
    My saddle fits perfectly well. It might be a little tight around the waist, but I take care of that with those spandex things.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonoverMississippi View Post
    what happens when she realizes she's not loved by all, but ridiculed instead?
    I don't think she'll care. IMHO that's the only redeeming thing about it. That mother knows what it is to be ridiculed and she's taught her girls that you live your life and hold your head high, that you are loved and you will find love in return, and don't let the people get to you, the ones who say that you're ugly or you're fat and therefore deserve to be made fun of.

That family is laughing all the way to the bank. The Kardashians and the "Wives of" franchise people are much more horrible. You take away their money and their things and they're nothing, literally nothing. That poor guy in CA even killed himself when faced with no money. So between the two extremes, who's doing a better job raising their kids?

P.S. Yeah, I admit Honey BB is hard to watch.

I accidentally caught part of an episode because I hit the 5 on the remote instead of the 3. I sat there wondering WTF was this crap on my screen (had aimed for a network channel and one of my regular shows), the next thought was WTF is a Honey Boo Boo and why is it named that. I never tuned it in again, don't even look for it. It does, apparently, have huge audience appeal, but the main reason for all this crap on our screens is money - reality shows are cheap as hell to produce with flat fees for participants instead of high pay to actors, no studio time or studio staff to pay, just a couple of cameral men, a sound guy and an editor.
    Even I'm guilty of watching some reality TV: Ice Road Truckers, Mountain Men, Ice Pilots NWT, and Mantracker although that lost its appeal when Terry left. I do find some value in these shows, if for no reason other than to see different areas. However, reality TV on the Discovery network really is a double edged sword, one side being education/travel and the other side sheer stupidity. The worst the latter category come the idiocy that is Moonshiners; why would someone making a living at a patently illegal activity show his face on TV and expose others involved in the same activity? As to the rest of reality TV, I have sampled Mob Wives, Real Housewives of Vancouver, a couple of the kiddie pageant shows, Party Mommas but not for very long for any of them - pure unadulterated tripe.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

I've never seen it, but one of my co-workers made me gag during our Monday morning meeting describing an episode of the family making "sketti" with a special sauce of margarine and ketchup, apparently a "secret family recipe". I hope the show was not as bad as described, but considering the kid's nick is Honey Boo Boo... She'll probably end up on Celebrity Rehab one day (or similar).
    Jer 29: 11-13